Othniel Utu "Reborn"

Othniel is a Toa of Stone, formerly a member of an order of Matoran monks who rejected elemental training in favor of physical development due to their unlikely odds of ever becoming a Toa. Ironically, Jethro Utu ran into Othniel in the field when Othniel saved Jethro’s daughter from a pirate Anti-Toa. Jethro brought him a Toa Stone a few weeks later, and Othniel eventually married Jethro’s daughter.
Othniel perished in a battle with an Anti-Toa’s undead army, the same battle which killed the rest of the original Toa Utu besides Gideon and Jethro. Their deaths prompted Jethro to pass on the team and the mantle to Nikolas, who began reciting a new team to hunt Anti-Toa and surviving Makuta. Othniel’s resurrection has yet to be fully explained, but Nikolas believes the event is a sign of the Great Being’s imminent return. Othniel worries that he has
Othniel is a quiet, reserved individual with a near perfect memory and a discerning outlook. He often serves as a peacekeeper for the team, but has adopted his father-in-law Jethro’s more brutal methods since his “sabbatical” from life. Othniel is equipped with two prosthetic arms, which enhance his martial artistry and compensate for his underdeveloped control over elemental energy. He is still the most physically capable member of the team, rivaled only by Gavin. Othniel still wears a modified Rau, a Rauskiin, or Mask of Kinesics. Rather than interpreting written or spoken language, the Ruaskiin allows the wearer to read and interpret the nonverbal communication of beings within the wearer’s field of vision. Othniel takes advantage of this with his incredible martial arts prowess, but also in determining true motives and attitudes in his targets and teammates.

Build shots.

With the rest of the Utu.

C&C is helpful and desired! Thanks!

38 Likes

I really like this one, the neck is a little long, but that seems like an easy fix.

1 Like

that you, grievous?

good job! I like the size and the shaping, as well as the extra arms.

2 Likes

@TheMOCingbird yeah still looking for a tiny CCBS bone. Thanks for looking!
@meepinater I am pretty happy with the arms! Any ideas to shape the legs better?
@SonicBionicleMaster Thanks for looking?

3 Likes

Couldn’t you just get rid of a friction adder?

1 Like

I had that originally, but it severely limits the head movement. Is it the aesthetic from the side or front that bothers you?

1 Like

I think those Nuva shoulder pieces should be replaced with some more angular armor, maybe even no armor, and just some brown filler pieces.

1 Like

I will see what I can do… Thanks!

1 Like

No problem!

1 Like

Nice. But not feelin’ the same way about having four hands… Still really good.

1 Like

This guy is awesome. I really like how the lower arms are mechanical, like he had them added as part of an upgrade or something.

I do think the neck is 1L too long. Does it not work with just one friction extender rather than two?

1 Like

@BlackboltJohnson Thanks for looking! This torso design is inspired by WombatCombat on YouTube. I am pretty happy with the shape. Also, yeah the neck is odd. Still trying to find another small CCBS bone.
@Toa_Radrix Haha I wondered how mixed people would feel about the arms! Anything g in particular you would change out or add?

1 Like

Really cool mod, but, remove the friction joint from the neck.

1 Like