Overwatch

Couldn’t agree more. I hated the boop immediately.

1 Like

Speaking of character backstories, I really don’t like a lot of them. There’s something… off, about a lot of them. The best backstories belong to the Shimadas.

1 Like

More often than not, I find that character backstories in MMO’s feel like half-written fanfiction. The best exceptions that I know of are Jhin and Sion from League of Legends, the Shimadas, and the Australians from Overwatch.

1 Like

As weird as this is, the mercenaries in TF2 have more background lore than most of the characters in OverWatch. However, it took like, 6 years for TF2 to get into the backstory of the characters, so I’m not expecting anything crazy right off the bat. I do think it’s funny that most of the characters are just bad parodies of other things, making me feel like OverWatch’s lore will be as silly as TF2’s, but OverWatch’s lore seems to be a bit more… serious, but also not. I think OverWatch doesn’t know if it wants to be silly or serious with its lore yet, because it’s certainly not succeeding in being both.

Oh my god

3 Likes

Too bad you don’t get to keep 'em.

1 Like

Don’t do this now.

1 Like

The thing is, though, that I care more about the TF2 mercs than I do Overwatch’s heroes. The overly dramatic and tragic backgrounds of Overwatch are really the only character the heroes have (seriously, describe Mercy’s character in the most un-generic way you can). The backgrounds of the mercs are simple, yet effective; they feel more real.

So yeah. apparently Sombra’s hack can disable shields. This makes her great against Zarya and Zenyatta.

1 Like

Exactly. Whenever TF2 gets serious, it’s a surprise, but doesn’t feel out of place. The story is exceptionally well-handled. I remember freaking out when Sniper got shot. I couldn’t believe it was happening. I actually felt bad for Saxton Hale when he got fired, something I never thought I’d do. The OverWatch lore isn’t sure what it wants to be yet, and so it’s starting off generic. I hope it grows from there, because otherwise it’s just trying to be epic but not really having any effect, conveying more poor writing than actual story.

Actually, now that I think about it, TF2 balances silly and serious in a similar manner to RvB, with everything being silly, and you as a viewer getting used to accepting things as silly, and then getting meaningful explanations for the silly things, even though you had already accepted them. Very intelligent.

1 Like

Wow. I’ve been played a few games with Sombra, and she’s… really tough to play.

I think hacking the health packs should be nerfed, too.

Either decrease the hack to 30 seconds, or only allow one hacked pack at a time. Both seem like pretty good nerfs.

1 Like

I think it needs to be around a 30 sec duration, and they need to respawn slower. You can just sit on a healthpack in a fight and not die because they all respawn in less than 2 seconds

1 Like

Muselk did this in his first Sombra vid; he was being harassed by a Winston and he as able to kill him only because the health pack was pretty much as good as a Mercy with how fast it respawned.

3 Likes

The official description of Hack for healthpacks makes it seem much weaker than it actually is. Why they decided to have the decreased spawn time on hacked packs is beyond me, but it’s a bit absurd. The ability also has an absurdly long duration, and even though I’m glad it’s not as useless as it sounded at first, it needs to be nerfed, and hard.

why does blizzard call sombra’s gun an automatic pistol when it’s obviously a future-uzi

1 Like

Because it’s based on automatic pistols in real life, such as a CZ75-Auto or a MAC-10. The detachable shoulder mount and extended magazine make it resemble an automatic pistol.

Here is the first Google image result for “Uzi”.

Here is the first Google Image Result for “Machine Pistol”.

I also read on the Wikipedia page for Uzi, that smaller versions of that particular weapon can be considered Machine Pistols.

3 Likes

Oh man, I can’t decide which skin to get for sombra. I really like both cyberspace and augmented, but I just can’t pick.

Edit: I picked augmented :stuck_out_tongue:

aw I wanted it as well

ayyyy a Widowmaker action figure from China. I wouldn’t trust it personally but here’s to hoping for a more official one from Blizzard.

2 Likes