Paints for LEGO Pieces

Do you have an image of what it looks like?

1 Like

Not at the moment, i can later though

huh, anyone knows what I could use on clear pieces to make them trans-purple?

1 Like

I don’t know what can turn trans-clear parts trans-purple, but the purple elctropop Sharpie turns Trans Light Blue trans-purple. Ive used it on my JTO Makuta’s Hammer. What part are you specifically trying to change the color of?

1 Like

yee… but I need to make these

trans-purple, it’s not really necessary, but I’d love if I could

2 Likes

I tried out the method above on the trans blue variants that came from Kopaka and Melum.

6 Likes

but my kopaka and melum are bootlegs, and are kinda weird, they have little to no gold, the piece is almost completely transparent, that’s why I want to use the transparent one

1 Like

Anybody know what the best Paint for Reddish-Brown would be?

Does anyone have good match for dark tan?

Thank you for the amazing guide.

Two questions,

When looking for paint at an automotive store should you be looking for acrylic paints or enamel?

Secondly, does anyone know a good paint for Pearl Dark Gray?

Has anyone found the paint for onepu purple?

Reviving Bionicle Production Blog on Tumblr

3 Likes

Tamiya’s blue spray paint works perfectly for Metru blue

https://www.amazon.com/Tamiya-Polycarbonate-PS-59-Metallic-■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■&qid=1607716298&s=toys-and-games&sprefix=tamiya+blue&sr=1-1

Same with their dark red working for metru red

6 Likes

I have found the perfect Spray Paint match for LEGO’s Dark Turquoise color.

(Painted piece on the left compared to a Dark Turquoise Tohunga foot.)

It’s Behr Brand Paint + Primer Gloss Tropics Spray Paint, I’ll post a link right below incase you have trouble finding it.

19 Likes

Posted this in the Hagah contest topic, but here it is again. Matches for silver, gunmetal and pearl gold. Still looking for a flat gold.

61wI2zXU2JL.AC_SY355

51mrc7KvaEL.AC_SY355
The silver one is called Humbrol Acrylic Paint No 11, though I think it comes in spray as well. It’s not the best match, but it does the job.

12 Likes

I found that these two paints match very well to black and standard blue (sorry about the poor picture).

Citadel, Base, Abaddon Black
Citadel, Base, Caledor Sky

Used them on my Helryx and Special Forces Skrall. Including myself, everyone who’s seen the painted parts to couldn’t tell the difference

8 Likes

Rust-Oleum’s “Spa Blue” is a great match for medium blue.

11 Likes

Does anyone know which spray paint is best for the 1/1/1/1/1/ metallic colors that are popping up in Hagah art entries?

Following for the copper, gunmetal, and metal blue colors, as these are the most likely to stay. I’ll wait for bomonga’s gold

I’ve found that metallic gold Sharpies are a pretty good match for flat dark gold.

2 Likes