Peiratís; Pirates of the Sandy Sea

“Alright.” He said, writing down A time so long not even he remembers. “One last question, sorry for taking up your time. What is it that keeps you here, fighting the imperials for this barren land?” He asks.

“resources.”

“Alright.” He responds, simply writing Stays for control of undisclosed resources. “Thank you for your time.” Eolas answers. “Now what is it you’d like me to do, now that I’m here?” He asks.

“tell me about the Imperium,” he replied, as Carus returned with tea

“Thank you.” He said to the captain, putting away his book and ink pot. “Is it alright if I keep the quill, or would you like it back?” He asks, taking the tea and taking a sip. “And to answer your question, the cities themselves are quite pristine, especially the strange tower I saw in my main city of residence. They heavily value the power of their navy, as one would expect, especially the citizens. That’s why they had me there to document the Amino’s maiden voyage, so as to give the citizens a moral boost after hearing about the success of a new type of ship that had been produced.”

“you can keep it.”

“Alright, thank you.” He said before storing it in his pocket. “Other than that, they really seemed like most other civilizations I had encountered in my readings. Some higher up rich folks, some homeless street bums, quite a few working class citizens, with a culture based around the exploration of this Sea of Land. Other than that, though, I’m sorry to say I don’t know much. While I’ve been working in this field for a few years, I haven’t had much chance to explore the workings of the higher-ups and the deepest intricacies of the culture. This was my first big, government endorsed writing.” He chuckles. “And if I ever return, I don’t think they’ll give me another chance.”

Lourne sat on his cot in his cabin holding a small journal. He jotted some short sentences down before he realized that the ship was docking. He hastily put the journal away and headed to the top deck to wait for the go ahead to leave the ship. He was still a little sore from his fight, but had a hard time being able to relax when he still knew that an imperial citizen had been kidnapped on his watch.

“oh? How curious.”

Eolas raises an eyebrow. “Which part?” He asks, genuinely curious.

Barus kept looking around the town, looking for a good place to practice his weapon use.

“what other civilizations did you read about, and in what context?”

“Oh.” He says. “I read of a few that seemed shrouded in mystery, most disagreeing on whether they were true ancient civilizations, or just stories, myself believing the former, if with some added author embellishment. The only one that comes to mind right now, though I forget the name, was of a land in constant battle with a plague of sorts. I don’t believe it was ever specified whether this plague was disease, magic, odd creatures, or what-have-you, though. There was also one on an island civilization that spread through an archipelago, technically one nation, though warring with itself in multiple factions. That one, though, I feel to be less true than most others, although with some grain of actuality in it.”

“oh, sounds interesting.”

Eolas smiles. “I’m glad you agree. I’ve met many who describe it as simple wishful thinking, but I guess that’s to be expected when the ideas seem so outlandish upon first look.”

“… outlandish…yes,” he muttered in response, obviously hiding something

Eolas wants to ask, but clearly doesn’t want to overstep his boundaries, both emotions showing fairly clearly on his face.

The go ahead was given

The being sipped his team, and if Eolas was paying close attention he’d notice Cious’ flames were not emitting heat, but were in fact cold

Eolas did notice. “The flames of your body, what exactly are they? They seem to draw heat away from the air instead of putting it in.” He comments.

Barus finds a clearing and starts practicing some slightly more complex moves with his weapon.

After finishing a decent sized batch of caltrops, Arnas puts them in a pouch hidden by his cloak, just like the rest of his armor and body, sans his mask. He then waits for dusk to draw nearer, when his cloak’s color will actually help hide his presence during his search.

“oh? Its…how do I explain…” He muttered

Several people watched, finding Barus quite entertaining

It was currently the afternoon

Barus saw them surrounding. “Anyone wanna go? Practicing against others takes a bit more skill than alone.” He said.

Eolas waits patiently.

Arnas sets up a reflective surface at a specific angle, then heads to a nearby shadowy wall and sits, taking a small nap. The reflective surface would shine sunlight into his eye to wake him up when the sun nears dusk.