Peiratís; Pirates of the Sandy Sea

“take aim at the deck, keep those fighters inside,” suggests the engineer, “otherwise it’s doubtful you’d get through the armor.”

“Good idea,” Jim agrees as he adjusts his aim to target the flight deck. Before he decided to take a shot at the fighters, he looks for any fuel tanks he could fire at to inflict more damage.

“our job is to test out the new vessel,” replied the captain, “though if it is truly your wish lord Thallos, I shall order an end to this particular test.”

The armor seemed more dense towards the engines.

Jim shakes his head.

“Not there, then,” he decides. He fires a shot closer to the bow, up at the flight deck.

Several pilots jump away to avoid taking the brunt of the explosion when It hit

Brevik slumped back into his chair, and paused for a moment before speaking. “Might I suggest we target our opponents mobility, leaving them stranded in the midst of the storm, letting nature finish what we started.”

“interesting suggestion, though I’m not sure we have the precision to do so without sinking the ships entirely.”

Jim pumps his fist as he sees the explosion.

“Well, might as well attempt to target their mobility, and if we end up destroying the ship ourselves then so be it.” Brevin responded.

———

Lourne continued picking off any of the enemy care he could.

“Oh, do not let me interfere.” He callously replied, although for a very brief moment his face lit up with the realization that the guns were firing, and the noise was not murdering his eardrums.

He glanced at Brevik. “If you want war so badly, go fire the guns yourself.” He hissed. “The pitiful plunderers do not need an added reason to make conflict.”

The engineer reloads it

“Very well, proceed.”

Due to this several pirates decide to stay off the deck while a few others began to fire back

Thallos glanced back to the stairwell. I still have my duties to fulfill, but…

Eventually determining that potentially being torn to shreds by a direct shot from the pirate’s craft outweighed the necessary inspection of maneuvers in a catastrophe, such as engaging in conflict. And daring to stop the order? if one of the officers reported to the Triumviate about Thallos’ decision to undermine an order of theirs without a reputable cause, he risked his entire position as support and council.

Thallos was a bit more dense than the rest of his species, but he was no fool.

Jonathon hastily ran up the steps form the sleeping deck, quickly dressing himself, and his sword gripped between his teeth.

When he made it on to the main deck he spat out his blade and caught it in one hand.

“Sorry I’m late guys! Guess I slept in.”

“next Time you sleep in you can walk home,” joked the captain, “though in all seriousness happy you’re up, take the wheel and begin evasive maneuvers.”

“Aye captain!”
Jonathon ran up to the wheel and began to steer the ship around the enemy, avoiding the broad side.

Jim takes a shot at a fighter. He was aiming more to destroy aircraft than he was targeting any personnel still on the flight deck.

Barus circled the larger vessels, waiting for a chance to board the imperial ship from his newly stolen vessel.

Eolas stays below deck on the Amino, the expedition in knowledge not going the way he’d hoped.

There was a opening for fighters ahead

A fighter was hit mid takeoff, and crashes into the sand

Lourne made few more shots at the pirates before being forced to take cover.

———

Brevik turned his attention toward Thallos. “I am no war monger, merely a man who wishes to deliver justice where it is needed, and these pirates are in desperate need of justice.”

“And you might be in desperate need of a talk with the Triumviate.” Thallos snorted. “If this is how all field officers conduct combat, I might start feeling sorry for the derelict Defalcators and their extortionate Potentate.”