Pestilence (RP topic)

He would probably find some information that would be of use, similar spells and whatnot.

Rohan walked over.
“Alright. What have we got?”

Hydronicus scanned the pages with his fingers.
“There is a passage in this book that caught my eye…” he said.
" It says: quinque… reges… caelesti…"
Hydronicus muttered to as he studied the book.

“Translation?” Rohan asked. “Languages aren’t my best skill.”

Arkan briefly looked over it. “Why is it alphabetical?” He asks. “Organization by archetype is much more efficient.”

He looks at Hydronicus. “Language?” He asks. “Is it Latin?”

“It means ‘Five Heavenly Kings’.” Hydronicus explained.

Æhnyir, who has been lurking behind them for quite a bit of time, decides to speak up,
“Are there any names that are mentioned? If these five heavenly kings are so important, then I bet they have their names written somewhere.”

“According to legend, they were once a group of five powerful angels, whos job it were to protect and care for the dwellers of the mortal plane.” Hydronicus said.

“However, one day they became corrupted, and were cast out from their realm, banished by the archangels Michael and Raphael. They were all stripped of their titles, and their power. The five angels then descended to a lower state of existence.” He then said, as he noticed a deck of Tarot cards sticking out from the book’s pages. “What in the world…” he muttered, as he took out and examined the cards.
“These could very well be the names of the Heavenly Kings. The legend continues that the names of the cards in the Tarot playing deck are derived from the names of Fallen Angels.” Hydronicus said, as he began to read the names.

“The Moon, The Emperor, The Wheel of Fortune, The World…” he said, glancing up at Æhnyir before reading the last name.

“-And The Magician.”

“Fallen angels?” Arkan says. “I’ve heard such stories from Fay before. However, I doubt such creatures, stripped of power, could be any threat. I bet even a simpleton human could best them.”

Æhnyir nods, before correcting Arkan,
“Not their heavenly power, but by all means at least one has demonic powers. I met one of these so called Kings many years ago, perhaps hundreds. He gave me half of my powers according to a set contract…I guess I should mention my name. I am called Æhnyir.”

“Arkan Sol.” He responds. “And I guess that does give humans too much credit. Perhaps a low powered Fay could, though.” He continues. “I’m sure they can’t be too much hassle.”

“They may be stripped of their power, but that does not make them power_less_.” Hydronicus corrected. “The Five Heavenly Kings can still command the powers that they were born with, as well as the ones they had gain after their initial demonic transformation.” He said, before turning to Æhnyir.

@Jcton
“Wait, you met one of the kings?!” He said surprisedly.

Arkan is silent for a moment. “To what plane were they banished?” He asks briefly.

“Yes, the Magician, though I personally wouldn’t call them Kings. I met him a bit before I stopped aging, so it was a long time ago…”

Hydronicus shrugged. “It is not specified within the legends, but it’s a realm akin to what the Christians would call ‘Hell’.”

He nods. “Ah, I see. So none of the powerful creatures in Tír na nÓg would bare their influence. They are instead banished to a more fiery land. Good to know I have yet to encounter some types of magic. I guess I’ll add that to the list of studies in the future.”

“Have either of you read Dante’s work about his so called visions of Hell?”

Hydronicus nodded. “Indeed I have. Dante’s inferno with its seven rings. Why do you ask?”

“Do you mean the Divina Commedia?” Arkan asks. “That I have, though it isn’t something I’ve taken very seriously.”

“In the epic, Hell is described as having a structure of seven internal rings, each with it’s own horrors to behold: limbo, lust, gluttony, greed, anger, heresy, violence, fraud, and treachery. And at the bottom sits a lake of Ice.” Hydronicus said.
“Though why are you asking?”