Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

My biggest problem with S/M actually is the… not really perfect online function, to put it in civil words. It’s nearly impossible to find someone who wants to do 6v6 battles (I still don’t get why Battle plaza is just 3v3…) and IF you do find one it’s usually someone who doesn’t stand a chance against EV/IV Pokemon - because you can’t really see what to expect from others in most cases. Back in XY and ORAS that was way easier - quick look at playtime and won battles in someone’s profile and you knew what to expect.
And that Festival Plaza thing is just totally unnecessary.

What I also don’t like is that the daycare isn’t located on a very open route like usual. That makes breeding even more tedious…

Then of course there’s the lack of Trainers for quick leveling - that one guy in the Game Freak house isn’t nearly enough.

Then there are no NPCs who can teach your Pokemon special attacks (I’m talking about those guys who are teaching your Pokemon attacks like Knock-Off for BP (is that the right term in English?) in ORAS).

And the lack of most Mega Stones of course was terrible. At least they’re slowly letting you obtain them now.

One thing I do like, though, is that the Battle Tree starts with fully evolved Pokemon on your opponent’s side. That makes so much more sense.

I aslo liked that S/M was a little more difficult if you didn’t use the Exp. Share and didn’t grind Exp too much. Still not difficult enough to beat my totally unbalanced playthrough team fair and square, though.
Also sometimes trainers would do… really questionable things. For example: Battle against Lusamine. My Salazzle just got rid off her Clefable and has like 20 HP left. She sends in her Mismagius which gets a speed boost. And then it uses Pain Split.

Full HP Mismagius that could easily have knocked out my 20 HP Salazzle used Pain Split!

That was the most pointless move I ever encountered from an NPC while playing Pokemon…

I still hope that someday there will be a Pokemon game for the older audience. I really have enough of that “10 year old kid gets his first Pokemon, saves the world, destroys evil organizations and becomes best trainer of the country” stuff. It’s not just beyond ridiculous, but also also got really old by the fourth time.
Why not have a grown up protagonist? Why not tell a story that doesn’t follow the exact same base central theme for once?

And increase the difficulty while you’re at it! Elite Four? - Make them the real elite! Totally overleveled when you can first challenge them, full teams, EV/IV Pokemon. Same goes for the gym leaders. Most of the time they’re just pushovers whose Pokemon give you slightly more Exp.

Or make gym battles fair - if the gym leader only has three Pokemon, then you too are only allowed to use three.

Totally agree. And while they’re at it they could also stop giving trainers Pokemon on levels at which they coul’ve long since evolved.

1 Like

So regardless of what Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon end up being

I’m gonna buy at least one of them anyway

because I’m the kind of sheep Game Freak counts on

so much so that I’ve actually bought, and as of a couple minutes ago, beat both Sun and Moon

my Moon team, which I made last year when the game came out, was as follows

• Decidueye
  • Vikavolt
  • Slowbro
  • Salamence
  • Salazzle
  • Sandslash

and my Sun Team, which I made like, IDK last week, was as follows:

• Incineroar
  • Slowking
  • Magnezone
  • Crobat
  • Trevenant
  • Krookodile

so I currently have two plans for Ultra Moon, which I intend on getting no matter what

if it’s akin to B2/W2, and availability of Pokemon is all switched up

I’ll just wing it. See what’s available, and formulate probably a whole new team

but, if it’s not so original, and instead retreads the same path from the first Sun and Moon

I’ll choose Primarina

and make the rest of the team an amalgamation of the past two

to make things all full circle-like

currently like the look of

• Primarina
  • Salazzle
  • Magnezone
  • Trevenant
  • Sandslash
  • Salamence
5 Likes

I bought both Sun and Moon too, specifically because the story and difficulty in the games are vast improvements over every past game. Having two copues meant I could use one for competitive and the other for new playthroughs and occasional nuzlockes. I haven’t been saying that Sun and Moon are bad at all. They’re second only to G/S/C/HG/SS in my opinion.

What I am saying is that I won’t buy rehashes of two great games. Now, if Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon made tutorials optional, had a difficulty setting for veteran players, had better region design and layout (with big detours that are completely optional and meant for your exploring pleasure like in past games), and wasn’t so hand holdy in general, yeah I’d buy them even if they were hardly any different from SuMo on the story front.

see funny thing about that second one

I actually had a significantly easier time the second go around

like, IDK if it’s just because the Moon team wasn’t up to snuff

or if it was because I knew more what to expect or what

but yeah it was really weird

like Totem Salazzle gave me so much trouble in Moon

but then in Sun I managed to take it down pretty easily.

1 Like

That’s the Achilles heel of all boss fights. Beat them once, every other time will be a breeze. Take OoT Ganon for example. Really scary and hard until you learn how to do the leg exploit. Then the fight can be beaten quickly. Up until that realization it was hard though.

Boss fights always hinge on surprise and intimidation.

2 Likes

Does anyone have an Espurr or a Meowstic with Hidden Ability for me (would be Own Tempo on Espurr, Prankster on Meowstic M, Competitive on Meowstic F)?

Could give you a Xurkitree, a Kartana, a perfect Pichu or some leftovers from breeding (Lapras, perfect male Salandit, random Wonder trade stuff) in exchange.

Or if you’d like something specific I could also see what I can do.

I’m also still totally ready for a fight :wink:

For anyone who didn’t notice:

Also some Mega-stone codes:
INTIMIDATE
AZUL
MATSUBUSA.
M2DESCENT.

3 Likes

I really need to get pokebank soon. I’ve been too lazy to go competitive again, and all of my competitive pokemon are in other games.

5 Likes

Heads up! You can only get one type per game.

Also, if someone doesn’t care which hat they get, or wants the original cap, would you mind getting the Sinnoh cap, and trading with me? I kinda wasn’t aware of the limit.

4 Likes

Dangit, I won’t have my DS again until the event is over.

@Radiation-7901

If you remind me again once the Sinnoh cap is available I guess I could get it for you. I really don’t care for Pikachus with weird hats.

In return I’d ask for a Pokemon you can’t get in Sun/Moon, but I’ll first have to decide what exactly I could potentially need (aside from HA Meowstic) first…

1 Like

Sometimes, I just laugh and throw Luvdisc into battle with Z-Rain dance. Don’t ask, I’m bored.

A punchy ghost

3 Likes

I love this Pokemon. Anyone know if you need your game on hand to get a card? I want a Marshadow so bad, but my DS is about 6 hours away right now…

You can just pick up the card. If you go to Gamestop and they tell you that you need to make a purchase it’s a scheme. Don’t give in.

3 Likes

Well, the nearest Game Stop is about two hours away - good thing I don’t care for legendaries.

I have to admit it has an interesting typing, though.

Spectral Thief also is a quite dangerous attack…

1 Like

Also, does anyone want that event Charizard? I ended up getting a code for it, but I don’t really need it.

I’ll take it

1 Like

Eh, I already snagged and transferred one that was at Lv.100 from a used Platinum game I bought.

In other news, I got the event Marshadow. Easily one of my favorite mythical Pokémon. Does anyone else have it?

1 Like

Anyone think they can spare me a code?