Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon thoughts and speculation

I can agree with that. I was pretty excited when I heard there was a new form, but this did not live up to what I expected.

That being said, I’m surprised that this seems to be all we’ve got in terms of promoting the new games. I would’ve expected another trailer or new Alola forms by now.

Hey look, Pokemon is trying to make Kommo-o viable (it wasn’t that great of a Pesudo-legendary tbh) and the photo booth thing is kinda cute.

4 Likes

While it looks nice, I don’t see the point of getting the Ultra version of this game when I already have the original.

1 Like

You seem to assuming that this is a Platinum-esque remake of the games, slightly altering events but not doing anything drastic. From what I’ve seen, it seems more likely to be closer to Black and White 2, telling a new story with a very changed region.

Anybody noticed this yet?

It’s also on the box art:

Also this was on Serebii:

4 Likes

I feel the same.

Although, let’s both be open minded since we still don’t have a whole lot of information yet. There could still be new features (battle frontier, gyms alongside trials, a totally different story that plays out on a strange and unfamiliar path, something like the Pokemon World Tournament in B2W2 would also be great), switched character roles to emphasis the multiverse they’re pushing (perhaps Lusamine is good, her children are the villains, or something even more crazy)

There are a few new possibilities that COULD make it a worthy purchase. At the very least I like that the edges of every model in the games seem to be a lot smoother, the music having more bite to it, and the better color pallete for the region itself

2 Likes

The plot still seems the same, other than the Necrozma throw-in:

Lycanroc (all forms) now have a new Z-Move, and 2 new Ultra Beast were revealed:

Not too excided on UB Burst polka-dot lolipop design and it likely preform as a glass cannon.
UB Assembly design is so stupid that I actually like it more than some of the prior UB, it’s a literately a wall build with smaller living blocks.

2 Likes

Ah yes, my favorite Pokemon, Evil Jenga Tower

6 Likes

I haven’t search for a clear translation, but the plot noticeably is different mid-way through the game.

edit:

So the new team, Ultra Recon Squad (sounds like a Hero Recon fan-fiction) are from another world, you can also visit UB home world as well.

Another UB also has be relieved:

UB - Adhesive is pure Poison type that shoot venom from it’s needle.

Type/Etc. for the prior 2 UB:
UB - Burst: Fire/Ghost (rip potential Fire/Fairy type) and have a new move called Mind Blown that does recoil damage.

UB - Assembly: Rock/Steel (thats a bad typing tbf)

edit 10/19/17:
man i need to update on different topic, other than this

The english translation trailer from prior has been posted awhile ago:

And here are stuff announced and confirmed:

• Rotom Powers acts like the new O-Power which enhance various of activity in-game and allows two Z-moves in one battle (likely unavailable on local/wifi play)
  • Catching older generation legendary Pokemon (ex: Mewtwo) can be found by traveling through Ultra Space whom-holes (so like the Hoopa ring thing from ORAS).
  • USUM will be the last 3ds main series game for Pokemon (it was pretty much hinted during E3 for the Switch)

and here are some stuff that are somewhat spoilery from a leak:

• The game is about twice as long (how will the 3ds handle this)
  • Increased difficulty but easier to train/catch (likely due to Rotom Powers)
  • Plot is very different (as expected) but post game exceed other third iteration sequals
  • UB Adhesive have another forme/evolution
  • Old Team Leaders will make an appearance
4 Likes

I was going to buy it because I thought it would be for the Switch and I wanted to see what would happen.

Now that I know it’s on the 3DS I don’t have much motivation to buy it since it’s basically a Sun/Moon.

Dunno, will have to wait and see what happens.

FLargh

1 Like

The game has leaked. I’m not posting anything here but I’m just saying that it has.

Holy hell, that Necrozma theme is godly opposing.

The lack of new formes in this game will disappoint alot, especially of having zero Alolan forms since the leaker mention a Fire type Oddish. The only “new” pokemon the leaker found was Zeraora and UB Adhesive evolution. Most of the quality now relies on the game content because it took them about 4 months to give us an interesting trailer.

I’m close to finishing Ultra Moon. It’s been an enjoyable yet interesting experience so far. Some of the Totem Pokemon were difficult, but that was mainly because I picked Pokemon with a lot of weaknesses.

How do you have it already?

The game was leaked a few days ago.

Yes, but how are you playing it?

I sure hope that you, by chance, aren’t ILLEGALLY emulating a rom from a RETAIL game that is close to going on shelves soon.

2 Likes

People usually don’t emulate 3DS games. There is an easier way to play them.

People do emulate them, but that’s beside the point. Is your copy a legal copy?