Pokémon

I’d like to pick up the tcg, but the meta’s developed so much in the past few years and I barely remember how to play it, plus I have nobody to play it with. I also can’t really justify buying so many packs in hopes of getting the cards I need. I do have a bunch of old cards though.

woah necropost alert

guys

#firstworldproblems i wanna replay FireRed/LeafGreen I wanna make a new team I already know I want Bulbasaur, Rhyhorn, Slowpoke, and Spearow But IDK what else I want hlap?

Caterpie and Weedle…

Ponyta, Nidoran(m), or Magnemite could be some worthwhile additions.

1 Like

Sounds enticing.
Should I get him over a Vulpix? If not, then should he or Rhydon get EQ?

1 Like

Ninetales is pretty cool, but Nidoking is too and Rhydon was a real powerhouse back in Gen 3.

I guess you should go for Vulpix and Rhyhorn .

1 Like

Alright, so my team is as follows
-Bulbasaur (best g1 starter, screw charmander)
-Spearow (pidgey is overrated)
-Slowpoke (mega slowbro confirmed guys!!!)
-Rhyhorn (idk, i like the rhyhorn line, rhyperior included)
-Vulpix (mainly to help out with earlygame, plus fire coverage)
-Dratini (15% encounter rate in safari zone with super rod? sold)

2 Likes

I’ll base this off of everything that has already been said:

Since you’ve already decided that you need Bulbasaur, Rhyhorn, Slowpoke, and Spearow, we’ll keep those as a constant and only fill in blanks for the other three.

Pick Vulpix over Ponyta. It has better stats. Don’t add Nidoran, because it doesn’t learn very good poison moves and you’ve already got Rhyhorn to cover ground moves. Magnemite is a good choice, but Raichu arguably outclasses it by having great speed (110), while Magneton will have a very low 70. It also has the additional fire weakness since it’s an electric/steel type.

Edit: Nvm you got yourself set up already.

Edit 2:

If you’re just looking for a fly-er, just use your soon to be Dragonite for flying around (and even for that needed fighting type counter). That way you have an open spot to use an electric type, because your team needs that coverage.

1 Like

Naw, I want Fearow as a legititmate member of my team. Something about Fearow speaks to me more that Pidgeot.
Plus, I don’t want to hamper Dragonite with Fly. Wing Attack is good enough for him.

2 Likes

Huh, well whatever works in the end. I usually don’t recommend using two Pokemon that cover the same type, but if you love Fearow that much… then it speaks to the child in me, so I’ve just gotta cheer you on man. Go on, destroy Blue’s whole team with Fearow. Make him cry. Make him bleed.

(You could always do a full on Fearow-only run)

1 Like

i’d do that for firered if it wasn’t gonna be baby’s first nuzlocke

Eh, Dragonite is definitely more Dragon than Flying, so I deem it fine. Plus, T-Bolt coverage.

3 Likes

I can’t really decide on my favourite Pokémon game but my favourite Pokémon is grovile

*Grovyle

why do most people like Grovyle over Sceptile and Treecko?
I don’t know
but I do enjoy Grovlye more because of PMD

well anyway I am just thinking of what to do for a new competitive team

2 Likes

I do like those two too but I thing Grovyle looks cooler than the other two and sceptile… I feel like his head looks strange

I don’t know about most people, but for me it’s the anime…

pokemon

gotta catch em all

its u and me

i know its my destiny

pokemon

oh youre my best friend

in a world we must defeeeeeend

1 Like

I recently played through Pokemon White.
It was pretty good.

What was your team?

I could never get a team I liked in the first Gen 5 games with just the wild stuff

I always traded in stuff I liked.

Dewott (I cancelled the evolution)
Reuniclus
Swanna
Gigalith
Chandelure
Vanilluxe

I also swapped in Zekrom for the N and Ghetsis battles.

1 Like

Recently I’ve been playing two Pokemon games on an emulator I got for my PC; Pokemon Platinum and Pokemon White 2. Platinum is blind, but, by technicality I’ve already played White 2 (I have Black 2 on the my late 3DS). So, in order to spice it up, I decided to do a monotype run. I chose Steel.

Platinum Team:
Yggdrasil-Torterra
Nemea-Luxray
Lord Pink-Gastrodon
Liberty-Bronzong
Kinshi-Altaria
ACHOO-Weavile

White 2 Team:
M1 Garand-Lucario
StG 44-Magnezone
LeeEnfield-Excadrill
PPSh-41-Klinklang