Pokémon

what does your team look like right now?

I finished the game a year ago, but I keep of team of four LV. 100 Pokemon: Blaziken, Groudon, Rayquaza, and Latios.

An upcoming 8min long direct is on it’s way. With all the rumor floating around, the title “Star” is likely a place holder.

1 Like

it’s pokémon picross HD

STARring pikachu

complete with amiibo functionality

buy now on the eshop for $14.99

3 Likes

So I guess were getting a BW (Kyurem? idk) treatment thing again rather a remake and unexpected Pokken port with 0 amiibo announcement.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not purchasing the Ultra titles. They should’ve made a Switch port to release alongside them at the very least. Hopefully it doesn’t sell as well as they hope so that they’ll learn to start putting time, effort, and heart back into their work. The lack of difficulty modes and awful post game content has gone on long enough.

I refuse to purchase non-HD Pokemon games any longer. The 3DS has too many limitations and I won’t indulge Gamefreak’s reluctance to move on to new hardware each new hardware generation and expand beyond what was possible with the franchise on prior systems. They need to innovate with their software more.

I personally don’t think they should switch (haha) to the Switch. Pokemon is at it’s heart, a game for portable consoles. The Switch, while it is a console that is portable, it is not a portable console.

As someone who hasn’t had the chance yet to get Sun/Moon, I think these games could be a great alternative.

The Switch is a portable handheld that can plug into a TV. It’s battery life lasts as long as the OG 3DS, and if you want to make the size argument, Nintendo has only been bringing over the XL sizes of their most recent hardware entries for the 3DS line in the states and Europe. Only Japan got the normal N3DS model. Even the N2DS is only available in the XL size.

The whole point of the Switch was to make a solid bridge between handheld and home console. The idea is that when a console can do both, it then has two markets to ensure its success. Let’s not pretend that the Switch doesn’t have local wireless connectivity and wi-fi capabilities. It can do everything the 3DS games can but better.

2 Likes

I wish that US/UM appeared in both port; handheld having the all the major content and console having additional add-on like Stadium mode. It was once listed to be TBD on the Switch after the direct but removed shortly after.

1 Like

Getting the feeling I’m the only one here not incredibly disappointed

probably has to do with me not owning a switch

in any case

I’m kinda excited for this

I loved B2 and W2

also, I’m glad Sinnoh isn’t happening this gen, since I believe not enough has changed to warrant it yet.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat as you. GameFreak isn’t dumb. They wouldn’t pull something like this if they didn’t have some sort of plan. Whether or not it’s a good or effective plan is a different topic, but I’ve been quite intrigued by the why did they do this as opposed to why didn’t they do that.

There is still a lot we don’t know, even if these are just reiterations of Sun and Moon. Being the optimistic fanboy bandwagon-er I am, I am very excited for these new games.

As for Sinnoh remakes. I’m perfectly fine with no remakes for now. It makes sense, and I’m not dying to revisit just yet, and Platinum is my favorite.

2 Likes

Having to wait for a good product is always better than instant gratification of a bland one.

The last Pokemon games to be chock full of content while also being full of love was HG/SS. Unlike other developers Game Freak doesn’t love making a good game just as much as they love making money. They’re content with rehashing whatever they can, as fast as they can, with very little depth and features that won’t return in new entries.

Look, SuMo are the best Pokemon games story wise since BW, and they have more organic region design. That said, they just don’t push the series to new heights. Game Freak doesn’t make Nintendo level quality games and I think it’s time that changes. They need to start loving what they do, and put their heart into releasing each game with enough content that they’d be proud if it were the last entry. That’s the Nintendo design philosophy. To release a product that is complete from the time you start playing to the time you finish. The gameplay should always at least be just as good in quality as the last best entry.

That’s why I wanted it to be a Switch game, so Game Freak would be forced to take a release hiatus and crack down on making a game and using the new technology to push Pokemon and its gameplay mechanics to whole new levels.

Ultra SuMo clearly aren’t sequels, and that’s where my disappointment lies. I would have loved sequels like BW2, that would’ve been a worthwhile purchase. Instead it’s clear that we’re getting Pokemon Sun Platinum/Emerald and Pokemon Moon/Emerald Platinum.

At this point, I’m probably going to pass unless they actually listened to the massive fan feedback/critisism last year and give us a difficulty slider and a large post game. Trainers should start having teams of six by the time your team is level 30, and a level scaling mode would be nice to keep players that want a challenge to ruin it by grinding. In that mode enemy Pokemon would always be at least the same level as your Pokemon, and boss Pokemon would be 2-5 times higher in level. Again, just an optional mode for experienced players that you’d probably activate in the settings category that would give you a prompt saying “This will make the game very hard, you sure you want to choose this mode?” In order to keep kids from making mistakes and turning it on without knowing what it was.

1 Like

How do you know they aren’t sequels? We’ve seen 20 seconds of footage and some likely meaningless marketing fluff. We have no idea what it is yet, its too soon to say.

Same player characters. If they were sequels we’d get different ones like with BW2. There’s no reason for the Champion to suddenly lose their knowledge of Pokemon and previous teams.

They’re most likely going for the alternate reality angle, which isnt any different than Crystal, Emerald or Platinum. It’s likely to acknowledge that it’s an alternate reality though, possibly being all about the multiverse SuMo talked about a bit and ORAS hinted at.

But the player characters look completely different. They have a similar face, but they have the same face as XY and ORAS’s protags.

No, they don’t. Each protag for each of the 3D installments looks different. The design for the male and female trainers in SuMo are the same as the ones for Ultra SuMo though, besides the slightly altered hairstyles and clothes, but that’s to show off the fact that there will be new outfits.

As of right now, the only way this could be a sequel is if the champion of Alola is thrown through an Ultra Wormhole, becoming a faller.

Ultra sun and ultra moon are to sun and moon as emerald is to ruby and sapphire or platinum is to diamond and pearl. AKA a complete rip-off to fans and a waste of money. They are not like B&W2, which would have been nice. I would prefer a remake to this, personally. All TPC did was rerelease stuff with a few additions in an attempt to make money.

Again, we still don’t know that. @Tarvaax pointed out, the characters are the same, but have completely different clothing, hairstyles, houses, Route 1s, cutscenes with starters, forms of the legendaries, a new area that we haven’t seen before with a bunch of Pikachus and a trailer, new cutcenes for select Pokemon, Z-Rings, and still just 20 seconds of footage. What very little we have seen still points to this being more than just another remaster like Emerald, Yellow, Crystal, or Platinum. We have no idea what this is, and it’s too soon to call TPC out on ripping us off.

1 Like

p accurate

5 Likes

It may not be a direct sequel, per se, but I think it will definitely have more changes than the typical third version. Hopefully, as many as B2W2 (which were great).