[Poll] Best movie of 2018

This is the poll of the most hyped movies of 2018. Like I won’t add movies like Christofer Robin (althogh it is a really good one) because no body was actually hyped for it I might me mistaken, but people wait for movies like Infinity War to arrive in the theartes rather than a kid’s movie like Christofer Robin (again, I really want to watch this movie, but I don’t know if it feat in this disscusion, but I can add it in the poll if you want)

that title says otherwise

1 Like

Best movie of 2018 out of the most hyped movies of 2018.

Aqua man isn’t on this list?

Oops, forgot about that one. I would add it, but I am not shore who would vote for it…

it might be shellfish to want it to be added, but I think it’ll bring people in voting in waves.

2 Likes

Sorry, I can’t edit it anymore… I tried, but it does not work…

Infinity War by far.

Fallout is a very close second, that was a darn good movie.

1 Like

I’m plenty was hyped for Christopher Robin. It’s the return of my childhood.

Anwyay[quote=“LegoDavid, post:27, topic:46924, full:true”]
Sorry, I can’t edit it anymore… I tried, but it does not work…
[/quote]

Temporarily close the poll and then it should let you edit it. Then reopen it.

3 Likes

I tried this, and still does not work.

1 Like

Yeah most people I know were hyped

2 Likes

I was extremely hyped after I’ve seen the trailer.

2 Likes

Man, Bumblebee is the best movie that hasn’t come out yet I’ve ever seen. I cried at the part when Bumblebee and the human girl made out. I also thought the scene when Bumblebee ripped out Leader 1’s Spine was very strange and uncalled for, but then agian he was trained by the movie Optimus who thinks ripping out people’s spines is the solution to every thing. At least when the solution is not ripping someone’s face off.

I also wondered what was with the invisible guard who wanted to kill Bumblebee so that Hasbro would stop making toys of him. I was sad when he got defeated by the Undertaker and the Rock combined.

As for the Decepticons, I wonder why they wanted to steal every copy of Deadpool in that one Walmart. Did they just want to inconvenience someone who wanted to buy a copy of that film? What if little Johnny wanted it for Christmas? I mean, they don’t get to do it becuase Bumblebee rips their legs off and beats them with it, but why did they want to do it in the first place? why didn’t they team up with the invisable man to take him down?

Either way, 10/10 I’ll burn down the Target if they don’t have this when I go there the day of the Blu-ray release.

8 Likes

What the heck

1 Like

What

1 Like

What are you talking about? I don’t get anything from what you said…

I’m just talking about the best movie of the year that hasn’t come out yet.

4 Likes

He was making fun of the fact that you put Bumblebee as an option, even though it hasn’t come out yet.

2 Likes

OK guys. Today I watched the last movie on my list for 2018, so here are my opinions about every movie I’ve seen in the teathers
My “Movie Season” started with the amazing Black Panther and ended today with the fabulous Spider-Verse, and I am happy to say that I didn’t have any disappointment, even if the overall opinion of the public is not the same as mine.
This post might be pretty long, so sorry.

Black Panther was a big surprise for me. I honestly didn’t think that this movie can be that good. The whole movie is perfect for what it is, and I absolutely like it. The characters are very good: I love T’Challa, Shuri, T’Challa’s girlfriend (I forgot her name, sorry), and pretty much the entire cast. And oh my god, was Killermonger great. I am extremely proud that Marvel continues this trend of great villains. We understand why he is doing what he is doing and some of us may even be on his side. The only thing that really seemed out of the place is that everybody was speaking English, tho…

Deadpool 2 wasn’t originally on my list, but I decided to give it a shot. Till this day I haven’t seen the first movie in it’s entirety, mainly because it had a lot of adult humour. The second movie, however, replaced most of the adult humour with good comedy, parody, and good storytelling. I had a very good time watching Deadpool 2, and I strongly wish that the future X Force movie and the future MCU Deadpool related movies will be as funny as this one. I really need to get my hands on the first movie, tho.

Avengers: Infinity War. All right… What can I say about this movie, other than it is my official number one movie of all time. i really really REALLY can’t remember a moment when I enjoyed a movie more than Infinity War. Till this day I have watched it three times, and I am going to watch it at least one more time this winter. I purely love this movie. Fantastic characters. Fantastic Storytelling. Fantastic Visuals. Everything about this movie is fantastic, and I am going to fight anybody that will deny it. Just kidding.

Mission Impossible: Fallout. And here I need to thank Infinity War. Without watching that movie, MI:F would have been a bland experience in the cinema. OK, maybe not that bad, but most probably this movie wouldn’t have been in my top three. In Infinity War, the bad guy wins. When I was watching IM:F, I was strongly believing that the bad guys will win too, especially after I watched Infinity War. Just like the other Mission Impossible movies (maybe excluding 2), Fallout knows how to play the suspense card. And let’s not forget that Henry Cavil was an incredible villain.

Ant-Man and the Wasp was a good comedy movie, but a personal disappointment. I was expecting so much more from a MCU movie, but the ending was rather abrupt and anticlimactic. Nonetheless, I had a good time watching it. It was funny, the action was awesome, and I really liked the character of Wasp. Plus that post-credit scene that was happening in the exact same time as the ending of Infinity War… Man, we need more things like this in our modern movies.

Mamma Mia 2 was on my wish list, just like Deadpool 2. However, my mom and I really like the ABBA band, so we had to go with it. Yes, this movie had some continuity flaws with the first one, but it was a perfect musical (which made me want to have a vacation in Greece), with nice characters, good storytelling, and fantastic songs. I only wished it would have been longer.

Venom. Oh, men. I loved this film. Some say that they enjoyed it only because it was so bad that it was good, but I liked it because it was good. I really couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the Rotten Tomatoes score. Venom was an awesome movie, one that was able to spawn a sequel. Plus, Eminem made a rap song especially for the movie, which is pretty awesome IMO. I liked the way Eddie Brock and Venom interacted with each other, I didn’t liked that Riot didn’t got enough screen time, but the final battle was extraordinary.

Marry Poppins Returns InhalesExhales… This movie is special for me. I’ve never seen the original Mary Poppins movie, but my childhood can be compacted into only one word: Disney. This is why I wanted so badly to go at two Disney movies: Marry Poppins and Christopher Robin. I ultimately gave up with Christopher Robin (see the unwatched movie section below), but I just couldn’t do the same for Marry Poppins. There is no way I could not pray this movie. Plus, it was the very first movie that made me cry in it’s first minute (don’t judge me). I totally love this movie there it is right bellow Infinity War on my list of best movies of all time. I don’t care what the critics say, I don’t care what others say, let’s just say that whoever will say that this movie is bad will have to deal with me (I am more or less joking, of course;more or less).

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: BEST ANIMATED MOVIE OF ALL TIME. Yes, I think it is THAT good. I watched it today and I absolutely loved it. I love it I love it I love it. The best part about it are the characters: Peter B. Parker is an awesome lazy-dad-figure-esque character I’ve seen in a long time. King Pin deserves a spot on the list of best bad guys of the year. Spider-Noir was our typical edgy guy, and it worked SO WELL! The animation was fantastic. I’ve never seen an animated movie with such visuals! First time when I saw it I thought it was just weird, but now I can strongly say that it is awesome! It combines 3D animation with 2D animation and anime-styled animation, and it works perfectly! Yes, Sony! More movies like this, please!

Tag was the Hangovers of 2018. My only complain is that it was too short. I really wanted to see more of it. It had an very good cast and a very good story which, by the way, it’s actually inspired from the real life. It was very hard for me to believe it, but when I saw the real guys at the final playing a game of tag I was purely impressed. I must take my hat off for these guys.

Solo: A Star Wars Story was a good movie and I don’t understand why the others disliked it. Yes, it wasn’t the best thing, and yes, it is part of the so called “Disney Star Wars Fatigue”, but I really enjoyed it. It was a very good origin movie for our beloved Han Solo and our favourite furry gorilla that is Chewbacca. I really liked it, enough to convince me to buy the DVD.

Bumblebee was the best surprise I could have this year when it comes of movie. It was astonishing. We FINALLY got our good Transformers movie, the first once since the G1 movie. I loved it. I can’t say anything bad about it, other than, IMO, it should have digged a little bit more in the Transformers origin story. Also, I don’t know why the Decepticon seem like communists to me. Anyway, I loved it, and I hope Travis Knight will return for more Transformers Movies.

There were a few movies that I didn’t watched this year too. Those are Christopher Robin (because one lachrymatory movie is enough for me), Johnny English (because I love Rowan Atkinson), Meg (because it looks awesome) and Paddington 2 (because I loved the first movie and because Paddington was an important cartoon character for my childhood). I will most probably buy these ones on DVD and will watch them at home.

Anyway, here is how I would grade the movies presented above, from the worst to best:

• Mamma Mia 2 - 8,4
  • Solo: A Star Wars Story - 8,4
  • Tag - 8,5
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp - 8,5
  • Black Panther - 9
  • Deadpool 2 - 9,5
  • Venom - 9,6
  • Mission Impossible: Fallout - 9,7
  • Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - 9,9
  • Bumblebee - 9,9
  • Marry Poppins Returns - 9,99
  • Avengers: Infinity War - 10

And here is a list with all the movies I am looking forward to for 2019:

• The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
  • How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
  • Captain Marvel
  • Dumbo (but I am not going to the theaters for this one, I am just waiting for the DVD)
  • Shazam!
  • Hellboy (Hell yeah)
  • Avengers: Endgame (duh)
  • Detective Pikatchu
  • Alladin (that music theme bruh… That music theme)
  • Godzilla: King of Monsters (also just for DVD)
  • Men in Black: International
  • Spider-Man: Far From Home
  • The Lion King (probably just for the DVD too, I am not sure)
  • Joker (same as Lion King)
  • Star Wars Episode IX
  • That Wonder Movie Sequel (but again, maybe just for the DVD)
    2019 will be an awesome year. I can double that.

Oh, and Hailee Steifield played in both Bublebee and Spider-Verse. I think I fell in love.

2 Likes

Ok, here are my Top 5 favorite movies of 2018:

5.Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
I was shocked when I looked at the Rotten Tomatoes score and found out that neighter the audience or the critics liked it. This movie is GREAT. The thrills, the action, I love everything about this movie. To be honest, this is probably my 2nd favorite Jurassic movie after the original.

4.Incredibles 2
I LOVED THIS MOVIE SO MUCH!!! This movie was so great that it almost made the original Incredibles movie feel not that great compared to it. Arguably the best animated movie of 2018. Pixar did a fantastic job with it. And it’s probably one of the best family comdies ever. Really all the family stuff felt like were taken from the life with my family. That is why I loved this movie so much.
Mr Incredible: They changed the math!!!
Really, this quote felt like was inspired from my father…

3.Infinty War
While I still loved it, I had a big problem with it: SPOILERS!!! I was in a summer camp, and I haven’t seen the movie yet, and everybody there was talking about it, unintentionally spoiling me everything. And when I watched the movie, I didn’t enjoyed it as much as most people did. But still, I loved it.

2.Ant-Man and the Wasp
This might seem weird, but I feel like I enjoyed this movie a little more than Infinity War, well… just because of how funny it was. While I admit that Infinty War is better, I just laughed so much at this movie. Whoever had this idea of this small/huge game was a genious.

And on the first place…
1.Mission Imposibile: Fallout
An amazing film that nobody expected to be as good as it turned out to be. The twists, the action, It’s all pretty much perfect. Tom Cruise did an AMAZING job with his stunts. Really, he learned how to drive a helicopter just fir the sake of this movie!!! It’s just so great. I love it.

I will say my thoughs on the other 2018 movies that were brought to discussion after I see them. (Because I don’t go to theaters very often).

1 Like