POLL: LEGO Tour Mask of Water vs Physical Art Book

This is a question we have been debating for the last week and a half. We’re curious as to what you all think.

Which would you choose - The LEGO Inside Tour Mask of Water, or a physical copy of The Art of BIONICLE?

• Mask of Water
  • Physical Art of BIONICLE
0 voters

For the record, there are only 200 Masks of Water that were only given out through the LEGO Inside Tour. There are only 100 copies of the physical artbook, however a digital copy is available online for free.

Also, let us know what you believe their respective value is, if you see any in either.

9 Likes

I personally see more value in the art book. Its something that the owner can appreciate and put somewhere safe, its something other people can appreciate for the fantastic artworks inside it even if they arent a bionicle fan. While the digital copies do indeed exist i feel that scrolling through a book isnt the same as flipping through one, you also cant display a computer file.
At the end of the day i can only see the tour mask of water as another part that could be replicated later down the line by someone with knowledge in mold making.

And i think in retrospective showing the younger generations a cool artbook would in my mind be more impressive then showing them a transparent mask.

5 Likes

basically my thoughts

-Mesonak

2 Likes

An art book I’ve really seen in digital form, or a mask I can use on a MOC? I’ll take the mask.

But can I have both please?

~W12~

1 Like

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT’S HAPPENING

I will always think that the Art of Bionicle is better than a piece of plastic. It is like the cannon Journal 3 from Gravity Falls for Bionicle!

1 Like

The only reason I voted for the Mask of Water is maybe the community can get (with enough begging) Eljay to review it. You know, Gali Mata with the translucent blue mask vs Gali 2015 with the translucent blue mask.

That, and it’s really cool…
#######FindingSomeWayToBringBackTheRecapReviews

Boy oh boy, do I have some great news for you.

9 Likes

But you can get high quality scans of it for free

Why not both?

Do not double post. -Eljay

I’m sorry lord eljay but seriously, why not both?

Both seems cool, but I think the book is way better.

But you can just view it for free online

Yes but I would like to have a physical one more than a transparent Mask of Water…

Do you have access to a printer? Because if you do, BOOM, there’s your physical copy

2 Likes

Yes I have access to a printer but I am lazy so KA-BOOM DUDE!
Anyway, when I say physical form I refer at a real one, not a printed one. Plus, what should I do with a piece that already exist but in another color?

2 Likes

What would make it fake exactly? It has all of the official images, all of them are high quality, made by the people at lego for the book, the exact same content,but because the cover doesn’t say lego, it’s fake and not official? And duh, the piece is collectible, only 200 were made, minus the ones that were given to certain people at lego, and you’d have to be really lucky just to be anywhere near it. To me, the physical copy of the book is pretty much useless because you can just print out the same pictures at the same quality.

1 Like

That piece seems to be unless for me too (did I make a grammatical mistake here?)! It doesn’t have any purpose in the story and it is there only to be there! I previously said that I compare the Art Book with the Journal 3 from Gravity Falls. I could easily print that book but I didn’t! I wanted the real one.
It is just my opinion, man! Maybe I like the official copy more than that mask!

1 Like

Printing high quality book pages is diffrent to your standard printer

1 Like

I can’t believe I never saw that.

I’d better change my vote then.

The piece cannot be replicated. The book can. While a digital copy isn’t the same as a physical copy, it’s good enough. I would prefer both but the mask is the object of higher value here.

1 Like

I feel like the Art Book just has more all-around value than the Water Mask; with the Art Book, you can pore over it for hours on end, (And PHYSICAL FOR THE WIN, ELJAY!) but with the Mask, it’s just…a Mask.

1 Like