Possible 2018 Standalone CCBS/Constraction Theme?

G2 got more marketing than most Lego themes

1 Like

so they did expect word of mouth to make g2 succeed? sounds like lego wants leaks to spread based on that logic

where can we discuss this?

No not leaks! G1 nostalgia, and it failed miserably

1 Like

So, any old G1 discussion topic that wasn’t fouces on the story would be great. :slight_smile:

1 Like

cool! I’m very pro leak and I stand by what I think

what specific topics can I debate this?

I don’t have time to link to them right now.

I mean, is it because you like to know what’s happening instantly?

For those who are curious, here’s where TLG mentioned that a Bonkle was sold each second.

3 Likes

am I able to discuss leaks and their importance in the g1 nostalgia topic?

1 Like

Possibly, but I’m not in any position to say so. Regardless, please see he handy-dandy Rules and Guidelines forum, where you can ask any questions on what goes where.

3 Likes

this is kinda unrelated, and it’s more of a “what would you like for a new ccbs theme” but here;

WARFRAME! I need warframes in ccbs

3 Likes

Indeed, again, solid gold masks
Given away in a set of social media raffles,
Bloody idiots.

… you mean they’re a company?
Normally yes, then again,
See above.

Did it now?
care to back up that claim?

Seems to me it was given a moderate budget and the marketing team squandered it on stupid ideas.

Like I said before, I just hope Lego realised their mistakes for any constraction in the future, whether this leak is true or not.

4 Likes

sounds like lego is being tougher on leaks than they were back in 2014 with g2

Nope. It varies year by year.

4 Likes

“what should we do to bring in more people?” - Random Employee
I wish I could take a bath in gold…” - Random Employee 2
“OH MY GOD YOU ARE A GENIOUS!” - Random Employee
"wha’ - Random Employee 2

5 Likes

G2 got a moc contest in 2014, and NYCC panel to announce the theme

where as Ninjago (an evergreen theme) got a page in the Lego club magazine to announce the new theme

5 Likes

My point exactly; that said, G2 started off really storng, but tended to fade a bit as time went on. However, even in the Summer of 2016, I wouldn’t say that it got an unusually small amount of promotional material.

5 Likes

Having no commercial for the summer 2016 sets at all comes to mind as a clear difference.

2 Likes

If that had happened for whatever reason, then it would, yes.

There were numerous TV spots for both the Masters, Skull Villains, Umarak, and the Uniters throughout G2’s run. This getting quite a ways off topic, however, so it would be good to try to move this or dial it down.

EDIT: Ah, you edited your post. Y’know, yeah, I don’t remember a commercial for those, specifically.

3 Likes

I fail to see how that shows that g2 had ‘more marketing than most Lego themes’,
Bionicle is important both to Lego’s history and the fans, it makes sense they’d announce it at comic con, Ninjago wasn’t an evergreen when it launched, it was a fresh IP with no history.

G2 had about average marketing(animation, books, comic/graphic novel), unfortunately it was really poorly handled,
Web animations/Netflix exclusive rather than TV series, no activity books and the same cookie cutter mobile game Lego makes for all its ip’s but without any incentive to buy the sets, virtually no presence in the public consciousness, solid gold masks (IE massive waste of resources).

On the surface the marketing seems to line up with the usual MO, however when you look at the specifics of it you start to see exactly what went wrong.
Taking the money from the gold masks and putting it towards an oog and a TV show I think could have made g2 successful(at least enough for a third year) we’ll never know for sure, but, let’s for the sake of argument say the leak is true, ‘tv show and app’ sounds like a step in the right direction to be sure.

6 Likes

G2 literally got a panel for NYCC

Im not saying Ninjago was an evergreen theme when i t was announced , I was trying point out how Ninjago had a small announcement and managed to become an evergreen theme.

I agree with on how the Gold masks was a stupid move

1 Like

And… That’s about it, besides the scarcely-seen commercials for the line. :S

10 Likes