Possible 2018 Standalone CCBS/Constraction Theme?

It’s October, and we’re talking about a theme potentially set for 2018’s summer wave.

All we have is conjecture and rumours so far, no solid info.

12 Likes

any news about this new constraction theme yet?!

It will happen if it happens, believe me, any updates will be posted here, asking isn’t going to make leaks appear.
And for your own sake, stop treating this like it’s confirmed.

21 Likes

Also, we probably won’t get any news (if there is any) for another month or two at least. I know it’s exciting, but unfortunately these things take a while.

3 Likes

No. There probably won’t be ever either cause I personally HIGHLY DOUBT there will be another CCBS theme next year

This is not going to help.

Well, solid confirmation of Nexo Knights in the Summer or a solid denial of a constraction theme would be news - I’m sure that we’ll hear that in the first few months of 2018, on the assumption that that is, in fact the case.

3 Likes

@CM4Sci why do you think we won’t be getting a constraction theme in summer 2018?

I’m not sure if he’ll necessarily get back to you, because he’s not on these MBs super often. If he doesn’t, I’ll say this - the guy has been around for a long time, is an incredible expert on the inner workings of TLG, and is familiar with constraction. That said, he has explicitly mentioned that he doesn’t know either way for certain, and that’s not a foregone conclusion - Sci often knows what’s coming, so to speak.

To be honest, as much as I’d like to be excited behind the idea of a brand new standalone constraction theme, I think that it’s been made pretty clear that it’s really too unclear for any of us to say - and that includes Sci and pretty much all of the best known “leakers” as well.

And see, I don’t want you to feel like you’re not able to ask or get excited, but Payinku is right - you’d really be better off is you assumed that this is fake as a sort of “contingency”, for the time being. Expect the worst, and hope for the best. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Which is why we don’t really need leak updates of any kind in a topic about discussing the possibility of a theme. Let’s get back to the topic on hand.

On the possibility of that, there’s probably no chance in the world LEGO is bringing back Slizers/Throwbots. What if LEGO was making another licensed deal with a brand?

2 Likes

looks pleadingly at hastak.

The possibility of a 2018 constraction/CCBS theme is what this topic is about. You’re always free to make a new one, just so you know; until then, I don’t really want to hear advice from you on this one.

2 Likes

I’ll be talking to the rest of TTV then. Let’s get back to the topic on hand.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

I would be pretty disappointed
Unless it’s something like Tron, which could use the bump
But mostly I’d be disappointed

7 Likes

Tron really can’t come back after all it’s been through. It’d be more likely for LEGO to make Star Trek than that.

I’m hoping that if LEGO makes a license deal, it’s towards something in the video game market, like a Sonic buildable figure (don’t know how they would build that with CCBS but still.)

3 Likes

Probably, but a girl can dream, right? Still more likely than Bonkle or Slizers at this point

It’s like you’re actively trying to come up with the worst possible scenario. Congrats, you’ve succeeded. XD

Something like Halo or Crysis would probably work really well with CCBS, if one went with the simpler earlier designs. Though those are very blatantly warrish (though Lego seems to have kinda loosened up on that in recent years) and Halo already has the deal with Megablocks, so this isn’t too likely either.

4 Likes

LEGO did also do a Minifigure of Sonic, so he was unfortunately the closest possible option. No I can’t figure it out either.[quote=“ColdGoldLazarus, post:415, topic:40794”]
Something like Halo or Crysis would probably work really well with CCBS
[/quote]

And that’s where we run into trouble. LEGO’s strict anti-violence policy when it comes to their toys would prevent them from making sets of M-Rated games. I know, I really want to see a CCBS Elite too.

1 Like

You’ve used this threat before toward someone and it got you in trouble last time.

Instead, perhaps you should check your authority and stop being so hostile. Oh, and flag things too. I shouldn’t have to repeat this talk.

Already done by Mega Construx. Besides, I doubt Lego finds it to be that valuable of an theme.

4 Likes

I wasn’t referring to-

Okay, I apologize for not being very specific. I meant the TTV populous, not the Cast and Mods. I’ll refer to flags from now on.

Tron is even less likely than Star Trek, hence I used it as an example.

I understand I was just bringing that up.

That didn’t stop them from making Simpsons sets, in which the Simpsons are usually considered an “adult” cartoon and has had blood and violence before. Also, Star Wars is bloody too.

Lego’s anti-violence policy is so loose when they had themes like Marvel and Lord of the Rings, and those movies have tons of violence. Not to mention Lego has guns in some of their sets, and cannons.

3 Likes