Possible 2018 Standalone CCBS/Constraction Theme?

Not only that, but it tapers into a square “stopper” that’s wider than the blade itself- pretty sure that that means that it’s a plus rod/axle.

I haven’t heard much about the Summer yet, and nothing definitive on CCBS; that having been said, it’s very early at the moment. I’m always looking. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Does anybody here know of any blades used at any point in the Star Wars saga that look like the blade from that Ninjago set? I’m still hesitant to believe that there would be a new theme next year, but I’m more hesitant to believe that Lego would produce a new mold basically designed for CCBS and not use it in one of their existing constraction themes (so Star Wars). This piece looks somewhat vague, but not really vague enough to be used for any given constraction Star Wars set.

You sure you don’t just need some water my duderino?

2 Likes

This is a very specific, non-water thirst.

10 Likes

You should probably still get some water, though.

6 Likes

It vaguely reminds me of one of the weapon variants for the Star Wars Praetorian Guards, but I see no point in having to release another, practically the same, figure. Other than that, it looks similar to a vibro-blade which we haven’t really seen at all on any recognizable characters, other than those from the Clone Wars/prequal era. Yet, even than, companies like Hasbro and even Disney have been avoiding the prequals.

2 Likes

here is one /s

That piece does raise some questions. But I doubt it means anything for Constraction. its a cool piece though.
28 Likes

Don’t tempt me man.

2 Likes

Well played.

1 Like

so the toyfairs that are going to show the summer 2018 sets are in late january or early february?

Yep!

The London Toy Fair will be held on January 23rd; pictures typically aren’t allowed at this event, but press in attendance will likely post blog entries about the sets there, and the presence of a new constraction theme would likely be confirmed, if such a thing was to exist.

The Nuremberg Toy Fair begins on January 31st and limited photography is allowed at that event; we usually get a bunch of pictures, but not in the best of quality and not necessarily of all the themes.

The New York Toy Fair begins on February 17th and that’s where we’ll truly see pretty much everything that LEGO will have to offer for the Summer wave in high quality detail from an assortment of angles.

-Mesonak

17 Likes

I can’t wait. I’m so hyped for this new constraction theme!

If the rumors are real, of course. Don’t forget that part.

14 Likes

From my perspective, the idea of them moving on to a new constraction theme in such a short time after the last one bombed seems fairly unlikely. They simply haven’t had the necessary planning time, at least according to what we know about other successor themes and the 2-3 years of planning before launch.

I’d also rather them replace CCBS with LEGO System built action figures. I saw this really cool 3D printed skeletal base made specifically to integrate ball and socket systems with LEGO system in order to create GUNPLA-like action figures. It was really cool.

7 Likes

Where did you see this skeletal base?

maybe they had a Plan B in case Bionicle failed

b stands for Bionicle Failure

3 Likes

system built action figures are kind of meh to be honest

2 Likes

I second this. The stuff the community makes is pretty amazing, but I doubt LEGO would be handling it that well. Plus, I’m a CCBS MOCist, I need more parts to fuel my addiction and Star wars just isn’t cutting it.

6 Likes

because the pieces are too specific right?

2 Likes

Or maybe the pieces are too dull.

2 Likes