Possible 2018 Standalone CCBS/Constraction Theme?

Eh. I think the post may not be legit, but the possibility of a new constraction theme is high. Possibly in winter? They may also be saving leaks so it is a surprise.

I don’t think that’s how it works…

~W12~

6 Likes

Maybe some.

To be honest, I completely disagree, and while I understand why you’d believe that, I can assure you that I have treated this as incredibly tenuous and unlikely from the very start. I can’t control others, but I can keep doing what I’ve always done; stick to the facts and do my best to be the voice of reason. I’ve very clearly screwed up a couple of times, and I’ll admit that - frankly, however, I’ve worked hard to avoid falling into that dangerous, wishful spiral.

Willess is right, and he’s been an awesome supporter, but I really owe the most to him for the criticism. I’m new to the whole “keeping up on LEGO leaks” business, but I took it slow, and tried to stay level-headed to the very best of my ability.

While it may not have been clear or accessible to the majority of you, there was significant reason to believe that the anonymous fellow on an old /lg/ (LEGO General) thread was telling the truth - frankly, he had seemed to be eerily accurate with a few other things related to the second half of the year, and it was a puzzle to unravel. I’ve learned a lot, I’ve gotten sucked in - but I don’t believe for a second that I’m there now. And I also, very strongly, believe the same for most of the folks here.

Right now, I still don’t know much about the summer. No one in the fandom does. As it runs, certain things materialize by happenstance, and I can lay this one to rest now, after a lot of thought. Because yes, I did want to give it a chance, while remaining skeptical as all heck. :slight_smile:

Dude, I have zero clue as to what this would entail.

3 Likes

Why would you do that? To leave other people in the state of anguish, when it comes to constractions, and then to swoop in, in the last second, to be everybody’s hero? That would be messed up.

2 Likes

Oh yeah. Okay, um.

2 Likes

I fail to see what I’ve offered aside from jokes and trying to correct miscommunications, but glad I could help, I guess.

~W12~.

2 Likes

Technically leaks aren’t supposed to exist. That’s why fake leaks get popular. They may announce it officially during summer. Again, I’m not validating this leak, though a constraction line could still exist in 2018. If not, we should have one by at least 2020. I’m staying optimistic.

If this doesn’t happen, I’m going back to pessimism. :yum:

1 Like

Oh sorry. Since we’re getting 5 Unikitty and 5 HP sets and the final rumor about this theme isn’t confirmed yet, I think i/ better to wait and see.

There are only one month left to wait until NYTF. Hopefully we’ll finally get an surprise reveal (like LEGO did it with their SW constractiion subtheme).

1 Like

I’m not speculating. I would be willing to make a bet on it; it’s not happening.

Yeah. Considering it isn’t confirmed yet, I think it’s better to wait and see

The new sets are probably Marvel, and the leaks are not out because of Infinity War, and the sets will be Spider-Man (thank you Lego), Captain America (a good one), Iron Man (see Cap), Hulk (see Iron Man), Venom, Red Skull, and Whiplash and if you can’t tell by now I’m completely clueless and have no idea what I am talking about, so please, help.

This.

While the possibility of a new constraction theme seems very unlikely now, I’m going to wait until Toy Fair to rule it out.

I guess it’s all just wishful thinking, but that’s fine by me.

EDIT:

Unless there is a sudden press release, or what have you, there will most likely be no new Constraction theme this Summer.

3 Likes

Sorry.

3 Likes

Rest in peace new constraction line. 20never-20never.

I guess we’ll always have Star Wars.

4 Likes

If i’m reading this right, it only says nothing will be SHOWN, not made. Correct me if i’m wrong on this. I still want to make “voloctoreb” mocs, though.

1 Like

Then don’t wait for lego to make it first, do it yourself if you really want to.

4 Likes

I’m pretty certain that we’ll see some nice CCBS in Ninjago as well in years to come. LEGO is what you make of it. :slight_smile:

“LEGO sent out a save-the-date email yesterday and outlined a major change in their booth. No products scheduled for the last half of the year will be shown, nothing “June or later” is what they said.”

:thinking:

Nope; you are correct. TLG will continue to make sets after June. They may produce sets in 2019 as well.

3 Likes

Oh no… that’s what I heard. Other than this unconfirmed construction theme, everything from every LEGO themes probably won’t be shown at either LTF or NYTF. Fingers crossed for an official press release!

Calm down guys, that would probably indeed happen.

Guys, I’m dead-on certain here. It’s not that it’s unconfirmed. It does not exist.

3 Likes

DON’T GIVE UP!!! STAY DETERMINED, AZANI!!! IT WILL HAPPEN!!! Also, hero factory came out soon after G1, G2 came out soon after Hero Factory. With that logic, a new constraction them should spring up soon, if not this year.