Possible 2018 Standalone CCBS/Constraction Theme?

Oh okay, we’ll probably wait and see at the moment, for now. :smirk:

Look, I’m all for hope and such.
But that’s what we had at the beginning, when this leak was revealed.
We never had anything on “veloctoreb” but hope. That’s dead now.
Next year, maybe, but not this year.

~W12~

3 Likes

Why did everyone suddenly give up? Is there something I missed?

Because there is now worth hoping anymore, we would only be disappointed. And if there still is this unreasonably small that “Constraction 2018” will happen, wouldn’t it be way more exciting, if it would come out of left field, without us knowing all about it?

2 Likes

As long as the new theme includes opaque orange boat studs I’m sold. All of the Toa Mata’s secondary colors have their own boat stud recolor except orange.

3 Likes

There is zero chance.

Oh man.

I have no idea why anyone would think that I “gave up”. As I said, I know that it isn’t coming. I apologize if you aren’t familiar with me, but I know what’s coming and what is not coming. This is not coming.

Would it be a good idea if I went ahead and flagged this topic to be closed? Guys, please be realistic here.

4 Likes

@Azani Oh sorry, but you’re most likely right. :slight_smile:

Btw, I’m with you at the moment. As I said before, we’ll probably wait and see.

Because the guy who made the “leak” and originally posted it to 4chan literally came in here a few posts ago and said it was completely faked.

3 Likes

Who was that?

Here you go.

3 Likes

I’m pretty certain that that was referring to the Greg Farshtey image. He didn’t write the post. @Invader39

If I’m wrong, then he and I will chat. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Once the majority Summer sets get publicly revealed, I would due to the sheer “out-cry” atm and getting a new constraction line during late September or so is highly unlikely. :gregf:

I’ve seen the leaked catalog temples ranging from Duplo to Star Wars and not even a since new IP line is shown in the list (and yes, im excluding returning themes like Harry Potter and vaguely Fantastic Beasts). If theres one thing the “leaker” got right is the lack of Nexo Knights sets for the Summer.

edit:

The amount of sets or set number? Because the leaker mention 7-8 sets,
but falls one number flat since there appears to be 6 individual sets from the Brick Show sources since that where I found the set number to match.
If these sets have a bike or castle, then more likely the new CCBS line was pushed back at best.

3 Likes

They also got the number of Unikitty sets right. :thinking:

There is no new Constraction theme in the recently leaked catalogue, but there are no Unikitty or PPG sets either, and those will be released this year.

4 Likes

I feel I should clarify what the purpose of this topic has become, and why it has been allowed to remain open for so long.

So clearly the “leak” that is in the initial post is fake. I don’t think anyone should think otherwise. However, we still see merit in keeping this topic open rather than closed. Why?

1. Correct us if we’re wrong, but we don’t have the entire year of 2018 leaked, just up to the summer sets. I know summer releases are common, but fall releases have happened, as well as late 2018. In that time we might see a new constraction line. Will it be what’s outlined above? No. But it could happen.

2. There’s no harm in keeping this topic open for posterities sake. We value discussion on the TTV Message Boards, and a lot of it has happened here. If the topic is kept open, with the initial post stating clearly that it has been disproven, it allows for clarifications and understanding that veloctoreb (or whatever the heck it was called) is a fake leak. Keeping it open also allows for speculation about what could still happen.

In sum, the original leak is wrong, we don’t know all of 2018, and this topic is now about general 2018 constraction speculation.

Now, some of you seem to have been getting more than a bit condescending about this. I’m thinking specifically of @Plural, @Ghidora131, and @Azani. Knock that off. There’s no excuses to act that rudely.

If any takes a major issue with this decision, feel free to PM us. Otherwise, this topic will remain open until further notice.

17 Likes

@Political_Slime
Thanks for the clarification, but I’ll agree with you. As we said before, we’ll still have to wait and see until it may one day happen.

2 Likes

@ThatGuyAtTheEndOfTheRoad translated Voloctoreb to speed flight.

1 Like

Still doesn’t mean it’s real though

4 Likes

I know, just thought I’d mention it.

I get the flight part, where did the “speed” part come from