Possible 2018 Standalone CCBS/Constraction Theme?

Haha.

We’re on the same page there.

Just in case, I’ll ask BrickPal; maybe he’ll tell me what’s up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s another thing that’s worth mentioning from the Eurobricks forum.

Kingrediek said

So maybe the Brickset page is for this rumored theme. @Square could be right that if this rumor is true, the theme was delayed for 2019.

1 Like

And here we go again…

3 Likes

As a real quick note, one more thing:

So, I’m inclined to agree with Meso here, and, y’know, I’d recommend that no one gets too excited.

That said, this is possible:

Sure, the fellow who started all the speculation over here was just an anon, but he/she did get the following correct.

• Nexo Knights will not be continuing into the second half of the year.
  • There will be 7-8 Unikitty! kits.
  • One of them is a “bike for the dog character”; another is a “big playset castle”.

Here’s what we’re getting for Unikitty in the summer.

41451 Cloud Car
41452 Puppycorn Trike
41453 Unikitty Party
41454 Dr. Fox’s Lab
41455 Unikitty Creative Bucket
41456 [Unikitty Exclusive]
41775 [Collectable Blind Bags]

Crack theory here, but it’s possible (not likely) that our “new CCBS theme” was pushed back to the first half of 2019. As far as theories go, it’s rough - that said, i don’t think that it’ll hurt too much to entertain it.

For those who are wondering, here is the Brickset link that GK and the others are referring to.

7 Likes

…crud. Now you’ve given me a sliver of hope. I hate hope. Even the 7-8 Unikitty sets makes sense, since the 8th set is a blind bag.

10 Likes

BOWSER JR IS THAT YOU?! :thinking:

But… rebellions are built on hope!

I will hope if for no other reason than my optimism and naivety.

9 Likes

Once we discovered that there wouldn’t be a new theme in 2018, I had given up hope. Now, I’m back in the “this may actually happen” camp. I doubt that they would bring BIONICLE back this early, but who knows.

I really, REALLY hope this happens. :smiley:

1 Like

Bionicle is dead, its never coming back, give up hope

“Let the past die, kill it if you have to”
-Kylo Ren, Star Wars: The Last Jedi 2017

7 Likes

So if Bionicle is a placeholder name, like Kingrediek on Eurobricks suggests, could it be that another theme is getting rebooted?

Perhaps Slizers?

Pls LEGO make it happen.

4 Likes

Ooorrr… It’s Veloctoreb!!1!

In all seriousness, if it’s not BIONICLE, I actually hope that this is a brand new theme.

Edit: Based on how many Galidor references are showing up, I would not be surprised if the reboot is Galidor…

Someone on Eurobricks showed that replacing “bionicle-reboot” in the URL with anything else will bring up a page with that new url name…

3 Likes

True.

Nah, we can hope. Not for Bionicle, or for anything like G1. But more constraction, or for TLG to keep running story-driven themes? Maybe. :slight_smile:

Just to be clear, I still don’t think that this is likely, guys. It’s probably a prank, and knowing what most AFOLs think of G1 and constraction in general, it’ll probably be in bad taste.

4 Likes

I keep going back and forth on the idea of this being an April Fool’s joke. One the one hand, it isn’t even April yet. I’m hesitant to label something as an April Fool’s prank when we’re a week and a half away. It just feels to early. Yet, as far as my tiny attempts at research go, there’s no other mention of “Bionicle 2019”. There’s the Brickset page, pages that are talking about the Brickset page, and then some other Lego-related 2019 stuff. And it seems very strange, from what little I know about leaks, to learn about something through the creation of a Brickset page. Usually Brickset is the last place to get images/info, and that’s when I know it’s pretty much officially released. There’s also the giddy child who just wants to hope that we’re going to get another self-respecting constraction theme… I guess we’ll just have to see.

Which site?

3 Likes

The brickset URL

Case in point.

EDIT: That said, this still doesn’t fully explain why it suddenly appeared in @TwistLaw’s Google search for “Bionicle 2019”. As he showed us on EB:

4 Likes

You’re correct; this just seems to be a general search page, with whatever was searched and the given year appearing.

1 Like

Your point about the google search is valid. We still dont know…

1 Like

I’m leaning more towards cynicism at this point. I want this to be valid, I really do, but evidence is pointing towards a prank at this point.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, that may be what this is… I really hope it’s real, though…

1 Like

First of all - You can pretty much get any year & theme name simply by modifying the Brickset link, second of all, Brickset isn’t run by LEGO, thus there’s no reason that they would know something we don’t, even if LEGO was to contact them for whatever reason; this is way to early to add a 2019 theme, they wouldn’t leak it (meaning, they wouldn’t put it up until it was revealed), and they wouldn’t call it [theme]-reboot, it’d just be 2019 of whatever theme. In other words; I don’t even think this is Brickset’s form of an April Fools joke, it’s just nothing at all, whatsoever.

7 Likes

I’m not gonna hold my breath on this one.

3 Likes