Power Rangers (2017)

There’s been a Rita Repulsa thread up on the boards to discuss the new film’s main villain, but I think this was needed to cover broader topics.

Five teens utilize their special powers to save the world from an alien threat.
My expectations are pretty low…but anyways, let’s discuss the new movie, shall we?

6 Likes

Because, you know, Power Rangers didn’t have enough content.

3 Likes

Elizabeth Banks looks amazing as Rita Repulsa

As the the movie, im really interested

even if In Space & RPM were the best series, the “reboot” will bring some life into the franchise. Megaforce & Dinocharge are/were meh

You know what’ll make this movie better? Michael Bay! /s

1 Like

That one shot of the five new rangers really doesn’t inspire much hope

I mean

jeez guys, crack a smile maybe?

2 Likes

The only thing I hope for is that it takes itself at least a little seriously.

Like, I read the story synopsis on Wikipedia (classy, right?), and it mentioned something about they have to save the world and deal with their teenage problems too, which, okay, that could work if done seriously enough, but it made me feel like it might be either A). A little too corny, or B). Not enough time on them being Power Rangers.

Because I really want to see these guys become mainstream and cool.

It’s just Power Rangers.

Hopefully it isn’t as ridiculous as the show but I haven’t fully delved into this at all really.

2 Likes

Movie concept art shown during a film festival:

1 Like

Dino Charge has been alright, but honestly
I hope to all god this movie is beyond a 6/10

Cause Power Rangers really needs something good
there really hasn’t been much amazing since RPM

Although, bit of a problem I have regarding everything so far
way 2 edgi 4 me

2 Likes

yuck

Ok, these are supposed to be teens? I hope to God that those girls are over 18…

Honestly, they look older than just teens.

And those vehicles look like toys. I mean, that is the point, but it doesn’t say awesome action movie so much as hour and a half long toy commercial (which it technically is).

I’ve never been into Power Rangers, and I don’t think this will draw me in.

TL,DR; Come for the yellow ranger, leave because I can’t suspend my disbelief over the plastic toy planes.

2 Likes

What the?–

Okay, I’m not going to lie, I personally love the look of these, but I can completely understand why people wouldn’t. Maybe they could go a little less armor-ish, but still at least this way it won’t look like they’re completely defenseless.

Like in this:

Seriously in spandex suits they’d be dead.

2 Likes

You chumps need to watch RPM.

It’s not spandex.

4 Likes

1 Like

Hopefully you all like this movie… as there are plans to make a lot more of them;

1 Like

7 more? Planned franchises are never a good idea for the first film.

5 Likes

Eh, just wait for them to put Jason David Frank in the cast of one of the films. That will get people wanting to see the movie.

Side note - Armour is really good. Sure, they look like Iron Man, but maybe that is what’s good about them.

I haven’t watched PR since I was like, six or seven and RPM was airing on TV.

I won’t be seeing it unless it gets good reviews.

Also, I like the suits. They look like legit armor, not just a costume.

2 Likes

While we’re on the subject of Power Rangers 2017, we have the new series coming in 2017.

#/s