Power Rangers (2017)

I haven’t watched Power Rangers since Jungle Fury, but I’ll give this a shot. How else will they fund seven sequels? :stuck_out_tongue:

Teaser trailer was dropped!

1 Like

Dang it Hollywood, stop giving gritty reboots to popular kids shows.

1 Like

Doesn’t look great, but still looks better than Max Steel.

0/10

Why do they have parents?

Why does it have sort of a Spider-Man(2003) feel to it?

Also LEAVE JOHNNY CASH’S SONGS ALONE!!!

FTFY :stuck_out_tongue:

But what if he was talking about the MTV spider-man cartoon from 2003? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Whoops.

I was talking about the 2002 movie.

Just giving this article a little bump.
They’ve released some toy pictures of the new Megazord for the movie, and I must say this…
Daizyujin, what have they done to you?!?!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMaAu7agICh/

It has nothing in common with the original Megazord, and it doesn’t even look like a Megazord!

2 Likes

To quote Joe,

“That looks like a Max Steel bootleg.”

it comprises all I hate about Power Rangers.

I would like to quote a comment on the trailer that sums up the movie: It’s like The Breakfast Club meets Chronicle.

1 Like

They revealed Goldar who is effectively just a golden Megazord now.

https://images.moviepilot.com/images/c_limit,q_auto,w_710/v1km3ntgxsohvxn9d9ti/why-the-2017-power-rangers-movie-is-right-to-change-goldar-and-other-classic-designs.jpg

He’s actually made of Gold also, and the goal of the film according to the official description (Not a spoiler because its on all the advertising) is that Rita created him and originally they fought Zordon (The Red Ranger) thousands of years ago however Goldar was split into golden pieces around the Earth with Rita searching for the pieces in present day (Think the live action Dragon Ball Z film with Picollo looking for the Dragon Balls)

New trailer was released earlier today.

I’m actually pretty excited for this now.

4 Likes

When I saw Rogue One a few weeks ago, I saw the poster for this movie. My first reaction was “Really?” Then I forgot about it.

Then in the theater, I saw a preview that looked like it might be good. Then I had an existential crisis when the title popped up and I realized that it was this movie.

While past experience with movie adaptations makes me feel like this is going to turn out pretty bad, the trailers have kept me interested. Can’t say I’ll go out of my way to see it unless it’s really good, but I won’t be too surprised if that actually happens.

1 Like

I’m not really all that interested since Power Rangers hasn’t appealed to me personally since I was 9. Maybe the movie will try something different, but I wonder about the amount of interest people will take in it, I never see any kids who are that interested in PR, I might be wrong but it just seems like a long dead franchise to me.

1 Like

These trailers have been really interesting to me. I
Iike them a lot. I must admit, this is the first time I’ve paid attention to Power Rangers since 1st grade. I hope they don’t have tons and tons of fighting, maybe two battles. I’d prefer the teens hanging out more, and learning about their powers.

The suits are just so perfect. I’ve always thought the spandex looked ridiculous.

I’d like this movie to go mainstream and be popular. I predict this either is a sleeper, huge hit, or a total flop. I’m predicting a sleeper hit. With Beauty and the Beast coming out the week prior, I doubt it makes No. 1 at the box office.

I feel like Hollywood kinda left teens behind a few years ago when older Millenials hit 20. If I had my say, this movie would be filled with All American Rejects songs and punked out.

1 Like

I have high hopes after seeing that trailer.

Please don’t let me down.

1 Like

Honestly seeing the trailer, I can kinda see why the toys had trouble translating them from movie to toy form.

1 Like