RaptorTalon: V15.5

I upgraded this guy a couple months back, but since everyone’s doing new photoshoots for #nationalselfmocsday over on Instagram, I figured now would be a good time to post him!

The updates are mainly to his proportions and stability, with a drone companion and arm-cannon added on for kicks and giggles. Oh yeah, energy cells on his back for powering his weapons.

Overall I’m really happy with where RT is right now, kinda feels like I’ve worked all of the kinks out of this particular iteration.

Thanks for checking him out! Have a great day! ~Stronk.

57 Likes

Can you seriously stop getting better you’re making me feel insecure

All those spikes flowing so nicely… The blocked-out proportions… Absolutely no gaps… The sword still looks stupid… And the lower legs are just epic. Absolutely epic. Amazing NPU of that ugly frost beast face.

You better seriously stop. I’m going to have a crisis if you don’t.

2 Likes

:blush:

Thanks a lot man!

######the sword looks cool and you know it

1 Like

Wow, this is awesome! The build is very complex, and the color scheme is great, and that painted Vladek mask works very nicely! Great Job!

1 Like

Thank you! :smile:

1 Like

This moc barely looks like Lego, it looks like aNiMe. (And a $99-$130 anime figure)10/10

1 Like

Thank you! aNiMe was definitely a big inspiration. Gundam especially.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

The Vladek mask works well with the spikes and the torso design looks really solid!

What’s that transparent circle in the back? Is it a UFO cockpit?

2 Likes

Dang. That’s sick as all heck! I’m a huge fan of the overall gundam-esque style, although the arm cannon looks slightly chunky. Loving the sword, especially the hilt. I’m not entirely sure what the dish on his back is tho?

2 Likes

It’s four of those trans neon green dish pieces from the UFO line:

1 Like

Wrist gun and drone! Fantastic work my friend!

1 Like

Sorry, I meant I don’t know what is represents.

2 Likes

Thank you! [quote=“Toa_Radrix, post:8, topic:51357”]
What’s that transparent circle in the back?
[/quote]

It’s his energy shield.

(pictured here on the previous version)

I just had to take these photos quickly since I rely on a lot of natural lighting for my pictures, so I didn’t bother showing off older accessories.

The idea is that his shield can absorb any energy it comes in contact with and converts it into power for his weapons, or to be blasted right back out of the shield in one massive beam. That’s why he has the cells on his back, to collect the converted energy.

When he stores it on his back like that, it enters “Harvester mode” in which it actively draws power from the nearby area, rather than waiting to make direct contact. Of course it makes a much less effective shield, as it’s mainly prioritizing energy collection, rather that defensive capability.

plus ya know, it’s on his back.

Thank you! yeah, the gun is a bit big. but I really wanted to use those Pridak feet for it. I’ve had em’ for quite a while and only just got to put em’ on RT.

Thank you!

1 Like

The drone boi looks familiar, have you been playing destiny lately? :joy:
I see what you were trying to do with the sword but I don’t think the idea translated well into the medium. Overall it looks great

1 Like

Thanks! And while yes, I have been playing a lot of Destiny, it’s more inspired by the Taxon from Warframe.

1 Like

Imagine playing the free knockoff when destiny 2 is already free :stuck_out_tongue:

Please explain to me why every time I see this lad he looks exponentially more awesome than the last.

Extremely well done, as always!

1 Like

Warframe was published in 2013, Destiny was published in 2014. Remind me who is copying who? :stuck_out_tongue:

Fanboy-ish defending of one of my favorite games aside, what an awesome MOC! It always blows me away how you’re able to layer parts the way you do. It’s one of my favorite things to see on a build, and you pull it off splendidly.

2 Likes

Destiny must’ve been announced sooner and warframe rushed to beat them to release :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you! [quote=“BlueJay, post:18, topic:51357”]
Fanboy-ish defending of one of my favorite games aside, what an awesome MOC! It always blows me away how you’re able to layer parts the way you do. It’s one of my favorite things to see on a build, and you pull it off splendidly.
[/quote]
Thanks! [quote=“EmperorDuckie, post:19, topic:51357”]
Destiny must’ve been announced sooner and warframe rushed to beat them to release :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Warframe has been a long time coming, actually. It’s been in development in some form or another since 2000. Back when Bungie was still working on the first Halo game. Of course it was probably just some loose concepts, but the first we ever heard of Destiny was a teaser poster in Halo 3: ODST. Which was released in 2009.

Destiny was officially announced in 2013.

And man, I don’t care about any perceived rivalry between the two. I like both games for different reasons.

3 Likes