Rate the Song Above You

9/10. I’ve never been a huge Elton John fan, but I do enjoy this song.

1 Like

I think I’ll just accept that symphonic metal isn’t my thing. All the songs I’ve heard from the genera have this very similar sound to it, being unknowledgeable about music I have few words to put to it but I can describe it somewhat jokingly as ‘pirate metal’. That aside, although I do like a few screams in my songs, depending on how the song goes, the whole growl singing the entire song never really caught me. It always feels best with buildup, as sort of a release of tension or show of resolve or something like that. That being said the instruments aren’t played poorly and even doing a breif scream is hard (or so I’ve heard) so managing to do a whole song that way, I can’t discredit it.

I guess if I were to put it into a normal person’s sentence: I’ll respect it but it’s not my thing.

Might be innapropriate for the boards? Not outright explicit, I guess the first few verses themselves speak for themselves though.

1 Like

10/10, one of my favorite oasis songs.

10/10 This song always brings stars to my eyes

2 Likes

8/10 it was alright. Not my type of music though but still pretty good.

7/10, pretty good. I’m not too familier with this kind of music but I liked it, even if it does overuse that V7 - i cadence a bit too much.

6/10 reminded me of that song from the L4D2 trailer

On a side note, i’m finally trying to get back into gorrilaz after about 10 years (i think the last album i bought was D-sides), and i noticed something odd about Cyborg Noodle during phase 3 of the story (who is represented as one of the only two 3D characters in this video, kidna easy to tell which one is cyborg noodle and which one is the manatee). You see, for a person to be a “cyborg” they’d have to be part organic/part machine. However Cyborg Noodle is 100% robot, which means either she’s not really a cyborg or she’s a lot more organic than was she was implied to be (probably the former, but the second idea would of been need had they continued the phase 3 story)

9.99/10 not as good as THE BATHZ

I’ll give 100€ to whoever can tell me what the guy says
-without looking at the screen-

8/10 it is a pretty good song but I prefer Hong Kong more than Saturnz Barz

He says “Press the button to begin”, duh

5/10 not much of a fan, but the thumb nail reminded me of echo the dolphin

1 Like

7/10 much better than I thought it would be.

1 Like

4/10 It’s not too bad, but I hear it all the time at work, sooooo

7.5/10 The song has nice atmosphere, especially in the first two minutes or so, and then I like how it builds up from there until it mellows out again near the end.

1 Like

8/10, I’m not a huge fan of Rush usually but I liked this a fair bit.

8/10 Depeche mode is cool. Halo’s are cool.

10/10 I’ve heard a bunch of stuff from Porcupine Tree, but this is the first song I’ve enjoyed from them

I was gonna make a joke about how the only other Epona song I’ve heard is from Zelda, but I’m not sure if that’s the name of the song or the artist. Anyway, 8/10. The song caught me completely off guard with how catchy it was, and even though I have no idea what language this is, the vocals were pretty good.

1 Like

9/10 I love that song by Iggy Pop, it is such a great tune to listen to whilst drawing

Contains Minor Language

6/10 Kinda catchy, but nothing really stood out about it.

9/10 I’ve only listened to a few Skillet songs, and they were completely different from this. I actually like this the most out of what I’ve heard from them.