Reasons your family doesn't like TTV (and/or Bonkle)

“Oh my GOD! How can you listen to this?! It’s so freaking BORING! Bionicle this! Bionicle that! Turn it off!”

-Actual quote from my father

7 Likes

Stuff like this is why I use headphones.

6 Likes

Sometimes when my parents are in the same room I like to unplug my headphones to try to get them to listen.

They don’t usually stay in the room for much longer. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’m sure it sounds like a strange question, but what do your parents think of BIONICLE? My dad doesn’t hate it, he listens to me ramble and whatnot and seems like he approves of my collection. My mom on the other hand isn’t a huge fan. I think she just wants me to like something more “mature”, y’know, not a toy line aimed at children. :stuck_out_tongue: I like to recite dark quotes to her to try to convince her it isn’t just for kids. For example:

“I have no friends, only enemies I haven’t killed yet.”
—Mantax

So, what do your parents think of BIONICLE?

2 Likes

My parents are OK with my hobby and sometimes are genuinely interested in the lines lore and sets. :smile:

8 Likes

My dad thinks it is childish, Now that I’m 14, and my mom is okay with it.

5 Likes

My parents are just like “Okay.”
They just go with the Bonkle flow.

5 Likes

My Mom doesn’t hate it, but usually tells me I should spend my money on other stuff. My Dad doesn’t mind it at all.

5 Likes

my parents were fine with it when I started getting them, it was all fun

3 Likes

My parents are fine with it.
I don’t think they quite understand it, they certainly find them creepy buy and large, but they are fine with it.

3 Likes

My parents never really seem to care about my interests. They don’t really know what a “Biolocle” is.

6 Likes

My parents are really great about it, my dad even gets really into sometimes and almost daily asks me about updates on “the contest” as he puts it. He understands how much it means to me, and is even exited about the potential of me going to Brickfair next year. I guess I never realized how good I have it.

11 Likes

My Mom likes Bionicle, and she likes the story I’m coming up with. My “dad” doesn’t mind it either, but he doesn’t like it as much.

3 Likes

I’d love to watch everyone’s parents read this topic. Especially the dads

9 Likes

My dad thinks they can be really cool.

3 Likes

Ha. @timmytowntim, your parents seem to be the exact reverse of mine.

2 Likes

My dad thinks there pretty cool but i dont think my mum cares all that much

2 Likes

Both are fine with it. My mother used to play and build with me back in the Mata and Nuva days and also watched the movies with me. She likes the look of the sets and also the lore. My father is mostly interested in the MOCs I make as he (and my mom aswell) is an artist and uses my creations as sources of inspirations for new paintings.

4 Likes

They know of it, they dont really care about them, they look nice to them, they dont like it when I spend money on them. They generally dont care as long as I do the important stuff in my life first.

4 Likes

They’re fine with me buying these sets despite the fact I’m 21 years old, so that’s a good start I guess. Although they do occasionally tease me about it, but it’s all with a light hearted sense to it.

I don’t think they care much about Bionicle, but as I just said they’re completely fine with it and always has been ever since I got into it when I was a kid. They knew it meant a lot for me back then, and know that it still does.

3 Likes