Reasons your family doesn't like TTV (and/or Bonkle)

Meanwhile, my mom just thinks they all look the same, and she wishes that I’d save my money for something like an iPod.

5 Likes

In my case my mom and family are fine with me collecting Lego Star Wars, Amiibo and Transformers, but as soon as I bought my first 2015 set they despised the line again saying, “too much dust,” “your shelves are crowded,” “they’re worth nothing,” ETC

3 Likes

My sister seems to think my hobby is alright. Not so sure about my mom, but my dad vehemently hates things that “aren’t real” such as things that are fun. This includes pretty much any form of entertainment other than news reports, which are a category all their own.

7 Likes

A couple of years ago, I accidentally strarted to play a TTV episode out loud in my room, and as my mom walked by and heard Meso’s voice say something along the lines of “Hello everybody, and welcome to another exciting episode of the TTV podcast, in which we provide coverage of such-and-such Toy Fair!”

"My mom pauses, walks back to my room, and says “What was that? It sounded surprisingly professional.”

So I would conclude that my parents don’t really mind TTV, yeah. My sisters all think that I’m wasting time.

7 Likes

…what’s entertaining about those… ?

1 Like

So like

What is that supposed to mean?

10 Likes

My family doesn’t know about the existence of TTV other than my occasional question of what I’m laughing about.

9 Likes

Exactly :expressionless:. My father just doesn’t like anything fun, at least not anymore.

1 Like

not since the incident

13 Likes

I once was laughing and telling my mom about how Kahi was talking about punching the homeless guy and she kind of misheard and said “What idiot said that?!” I then explained more clearly and she seemed to get it.

Other than that my parents have had no issues with TTV, my mom knows more about it than my dad, although she doesn’t know that much. My dad kind of has an idea that I listen to a Bionicle related podcast but he doesn’t seem to mind.

2 Likes

My sister walked in on me making some pictures of my Kahi Nuva: Ace Attorney game. She was constantly questioning on what the heck I was making and why I was doing it.

“You’re taking this thing way too seriously.”

8 Likes

Tell her “You’re not taking it seriously enough”

9 Likes

I have no clue. she just said “I imagined him to look more American-Asian”

(I explained that your parents are from Malaysia or whatever, and she just nodded and said “Yeah” So your guess is as good as mine…)

3 Likes

How does that even…what does he enjoy if not anything fun? :confounded:

1 Like

Idk. Perhaps berating me about my life choices to become a researcher and professor instead of a medical doctor?

Yeah. I have it rough. :confused:

4 Likes

This thread is the most depressing thing I’ve seen on these boards.

23 Likes

Haven’t you seen the 2016 discussion topic?

12 Likes

Great. Now I’m stuck with the reputation for creating the saddest topic on the boards. My chances of winning the election are dropping.

9 Likes

Hey, I accidentally contributed with my topic that got merged into this one :stuck_out_tongue: We can share the blame. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

My mum:

• Loves Mask Of Light.
  • loves most of the sets (but hates every Piraka like set, as well as the Beasts and UtD, and quite frankly I agree with her), and the fact that I have a good hobby.
  • Doesn’t mind TTV, except for when Var laughs.

My dad:

• loves the first five years of Bionicle (when I was a kid, he basically used to create fan fiction and narrate it to me, and I made MOCs about his characters!).
  • despises everything that came after.
  • doesn’t like TTV, because for some reason he thinks that the cast members are “idiots”. I think I’ll never understand why.
8 Likes