Reasons your family doesn't like TTV (and/or Bonkle)

I think I already said this, but my dad has actually expressed a little interest in the story, and even though I know my mom thinks they’re creepy, but she never says it to my face. And they don’t mind me playing with “kid toys” because they’d rather that than video games (like my friends), and it isn’t like I’m super immature. So in a roundabout way, they appreciate it, and all my geeky endeavours.

6 Likes

My mom called the Skull Villians demonic…yeah…I guess I can see where she is coming from…maybe…

2 Likes

My family doesn’t know TTV exists, but my parents think bonkle is actually pretty cool. (or at least, they think it’s better than other stuff.)
My mom legit said “I’m glad your into stuff like BIONICLE, and not trash like Pokemon.”

9 Likes

Interestingly enough, my family has never made any comment about Bionicle. One of my sisters will roll her eyes every now and then when I tell her who I’m talking to, but I think that’s just cuz we always find each others’ friends lousy. For at least one person in the group that’s understandable though. : ^ ]

Holy crap, when Eljay, Var and I were at In-N-Out the other week, my sister came in to ask me when I was going to be wrapped up hanging out with them (she and my dad were picking me up). I just realized she saw the man behind the mask.

15 Likes

wait.

she WHAT.

Mask was in his bag

3 Likes

The secret is out there…

1 Like

in before @Eljay shuts this down.

Don’t worry, we got the Uber driver to run her down before she could spill the beans.

Sorry, Invi.

17 Likes

Oh, is that supposed to be his actual face? Woops, sorry guys, WHAT I meant I was my sister saw him wearing his normal face. Yeah, just the normal one. There was no other face that was not a Miru. Fun’s over, go home. Silly guys.

JUST in case anybody noticed him there was a mask in his bag, a green Miru.

15 Likes

WOW YOUR MOM IS GREAT

4 Likes

my family is pretty okay with my mocist hobby but they´d much rather i built with system than constraction and find bionicle to be uninspirered and limiting. but at the same time it feels like they want me to moc less and start playing computer games instead. i have a feeling they might feel it´s a waste of time. though they´re still very supportive of my Dream to become a lego designer too so i´m honestly not sure what they Think. well my dad played a lot with lego during his childhood sohe has a very positive Outlook on the toy over all just not constraction wich happens to be my favourite to build with.

2 Likes

Any chance that we could switch dads? I’d be psyched if my dad was encouraging me to sneak out at night.

2 Likes

I’m gonna be honest, that was a bit of a hyperbole, it was more along the lines of “have a life” but slightly less blunt. and I mean it when I say slightly

1 Like

My parents are actually cool with Bionicle. They appreciate the creative aspects of it. My brother used to be a huge Bionicle fan when we were kids. Not really sure what he thinks of it now, though.

Currently, I don’t think anyone in my family is aware that TTV exists. I don’t think they would care much either way if they did, though.

3 Likes

I don’t really understand how parents actually want their kids to do what is considered ‘normal’ kid stuff like sneaking out and etc instead of doing dumb, ‘nerdy’ things. So they WANT their kids to misbehave? Ok. That’s cool, I guess.

Thankfully, besides the random references that only I understand, my parents are really supportive of my hobby. They enjoy watching my brickfilms when they are finished, and think they’re really creative. So, naturally they understand when I want to spend all my money on buying BIONICLE sets and don’t even blink when an 18 year old puts LEGO on his Christmas/Birthday lists.

2 Likes

“It’s weird.” Most recent quote from my dad on me liking Lego stuff.

2 Likes

He should be glad that you’re not into weirder things

I know right? I could like the Falcons, or Lord forbid, the Saints! That is some messed up stuff those teams.

2 Likes

Or you could be an E-Sports fan. Scum of the earth right there.

No, no I’m not a Digital Chaos fan. I don’t watch professional DotA2, that’s for nerds.