Red vs Blue

My original theory was that the Epsilon fragments were controlling the (in my opinion dead) Reds and Blues. But, as you said, that doesn’t hold up anymore. The fact that ‘Church’ even is there, let alone taking off his helmet, is proof enough to dissuade me.
So my new theory is that these are people hired by Hargrove. He was pretty pissed at the end of season 13, to the point where just killing the Reds and Blues might not be enough for him. They still are considered the heroes to the villain he has become, after all. So he tarnishes their image, hiring people to commit atrocious crimes in their name. Suddenly the Reds and Blues aren’t so heroic anymore.

2 Likes

So I finally got around to watching episode 1 (I miss when new episodes aired Monday’s for the public).

Nothing really too surprising that the trailer didn’t highlight, but I genuinely enjoyed the writing style here. It had a certain feel to it that engaged me more so than Mile’s writing. Another highlight for me was the character of Carlos “Grumpy McBossypants” Trabka, who had a lot of great lines. Overall I’m looking forward to the next episode and Andrew’s experiences in Blood Gulch.

3 Likes

I went to look for the episode yesterday, lol. I guess I’m still on the RWBY schedule internally.

Anyways… I guess we went from a shark villain to a unicorn villain. If nobody makes a unicorn joke, I’ll be disappointed.

1 Like

just saw season 15’s first episode… that was epic

it’d be interesting(but garbage) if the reds & blues died fighting Hargrove, and eventually the four in-training soldiers from Chorus kinda took over that mantle

again, that’d be garbage, and I hope that doesn’t happen, but if it did, it’d be interesting

3 Likes

Wow that ending was something else. Plot really is interesting and I’m fascinated to see where it goes from here

Out of curiosity, do you have First or are you referring to Battle Scars? (I’ve only seen up to Battle Scars).

1 Like

The way this season is progressing so far, it’s slowly but surely becoming one of my favorites next to Recollection’s and Project Freelancer. Having watched a majority of the series again, I feel RvB kinda lost its footing with the Chorus Trilogy. There were certain elements that I enjoyed, like development Tucker’s character received, though the writing as a whole didn’t really pull me in like the prior two arcs. I found the villains kinda bland, the plot twists forced, certain plot holes riddled within the last season, and many of the jokes fell flat.

Season 15 so far seems to be embrace the tone of the first 10 seasons, acknowledging the satirical-comedy based origins of the show all the while delivering an intriguing story and characters.

That little interaction between Wash and Carolina was very touching and displayed a side of the two that hadn’t been previously seen much.

I found the ‘twist’ with Temple exceptionally well done. It wasn’t dropped like a rock like the twist with Felix, rather effectively built up and taking the show down a darker path. The fact that a simple Sim Trooper was able to incapacitate all those Freelancers legitimately sent chills down my spine. I’m interested to see what direction Nicolosi takes with the character.

1 Like

Is Temple even a Sim Trooper, though? He could be anyone. His story of who the Blues and Reds are is probably as fake as his claim that the UNSC is their enemy. A part of my thinks he’s the Alpha. He would have plenty of reason to hate Project Freelancer, after all. Not to mention he would easily be able to replicate the Reds and Blues from his time with them. At the same time, it doesn’t really add up. Why no Grif? Why does Doc agree with their story? And really, what are the chances that Alpha actually survived the EMP and has been laying low this entire time? It’ll be interesting to see who Temple actually is.

1 Like

I think the twist was really well done, definitely left me with my mouth a little open. As for Temple’s identity, it does actually make some sense for him to be a sim trooper- perhaps Carolina practiced there as a part of a fake mission that lead to his men’s death. So he decided to enact his revenge against all freelancers alike, feeling cheated once he realized that he wasn’t actually in a war and that his friends’ deaths were for nothing.

2 Likes

I was talking about battle scars since I don’t have a first. On regards to Temple, my theory is that he is one of the “dead” freelancers in the room and he switched out his armor to try and trick the others

1 Like

No spoilers, but that was easily my new favorite episode.

1 Like

That last episode made me laugh so much from star trek Lopez to castaway grif. Spectacular

3 Likes

So episode 17 has officially been released. That was quite the ending! Uneasy as I am about Wash getting shot in the throat, I thought it was an overall well crafted, intense scene. It ties in nicely with this season’s theme of consequence and I feel will really test Tucker’s growth as a leader. Particularly if Wash does happen to survive, but is unable to speak.

4 Likes

Ahem NONONONONONONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo cough k I’m good. I like @Stoax’s idea of him becoming mute, though I will miss the sweet sound of Shannon McCormick’s voice. Just- please don’t die, Wash. Roosterteeth has killed most all my favorite characters, so… give me this one, please

4 Likes

I saw the last scene and freaked out. Why? How? WAAAAAAAAASH.

3 Likes

A lot of people are theorizing that Loco’s device is a time machine that they would use to save Biff but the reds and blues will use and have to choose between Wash and Church

2 Likes

Might wanna spoiler tag that

But it’s not something that’s happened. It’s just a prediction.

Its implying that wash and church are in the same boat

1 Like

Well we don’t even know for certain if Wash is going to die. Heck, right now, weather or not Church is alive is still up in the air.