Rooster Teeth's RWBY [Discussion]

I dislike Volume 4.

The four way split story-line leads to disjointed episodes, with unsatisfying stories…

2 Likes

I like it just because it LOOKS better. but we have only had two fights, and we are five episodes in.

But yeah, it seems like some of these episodes need to be one part of a longer episode, like both of the Blake-centered episodes should be combined…

4 Likes

It does look fantastic.

I definitely feel you about the episodes being combined. This latest one felt really short…

1 Like

Not only short, but super uneventful. So…they go to her home island, then they meet her parents…then they chew out some white fang dudes…yay?

The episode could have given some more time to the parents and their personalities, building up the island and the even the white fang. The entire thing was just really disappointing. Now I watch RWBY with my little brother, and when it ended he just stared blankly at the screen, before asking “When will they fight? I WANTED TO SEE THEM FIGHT!”

As for the animation It could still use touch-ups, but it looks like it has a actual style now, rather then seeming lazy and cheap.

1 Like

First episode: 20 minutes.
Second: 14 minutes
Third: 18 minutes
fourth: 16 minutes.
latest: 12 minutes

The episodes have gotten gradually shorter. That said, the next episode is the mid-season episode, where things will probably begin to pick up and the episode wlll be longer

~W12~.

WAIT WHAT.

ALREADY!?

2 Likes

Although the average length for the last two Volumes has been about 12-20 minutes.

I haven’t had the time to watch the 5th episode, but from what I can tell the main issue seems to be the lack of violence.

Honestly, It’d be bad storytelling to go straight to fighting so soon. I’m enjoying seeing the emotional state and impact of the events of last season on the now split up Team RWBY. They’re broken people right now, and we need to see some mope before we see any action, at least that’s my opinion. I’m the guy that likes small talk and relaxation episodes in anime though. XD

6 Likes

Yeah, my only problem with this season is
it’s
going
so
slow…

2 Likes

I think it’s kind of a reintroduction to the storyline.

1 Like

Well just watched the new episode it was alright, I didn’t really find it interesting. I really only liked the small amount of world building they did in this episode that was about it.

Alright, just saw episode 6. Things are getting heated, tension is building. Also, you go Weiss. I actually wish you HAD killed non-named rich woman, just to make a statement. Your dad too, he has no redeeming qualities, so just be rid of him, he’s an awful person anyway. Ironwood can be your new daddy.

It’s actually interesting to see how detestful Weiss has become towards pretentious egomaniacs.

2 Likes

Yea same I wish she had done something to her just to shut her up.

2 Likes

They may be morons, but they’re entitled to say what they want.

I’m fairly confident that the guy Weiss was talking to (something Marigold) is the informant that watts was meeting with

2 Likes

They’re also entitled to getting beaten up and mauled by a boar for being morons. Choose your words carefully as I always say, because there’s always an outcome outside of your own control to every choice, even the stupid off-handed ones. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I just got caught up on the recent episodes.

I didn’t like Tyrian at first, but I gotta say, he’s pretty cool. Might have something to do with the fact that he’s a freakin’ scorpion faunus.

2 Likes

Yeah he’s one of my favorite villains so far.

1 Like

I like Tyrian because he doesn’t have to have a reason for what he does. He’s just a Salem worshiping lunatic, and that’s honestly a justifiable reason for why he does what he does.

Can’t say the same for Cinder, Mercury, Emerald, and Salem though. So far they’re just “the bad guys”. They have no motive, and they even acknowledge their own “evilness”, which is a big no-no when trying to portray a character as an actual character, with their own LEGITIMATE reasons and motives behind what they do.

I can understand Adam’s whole thing. It makes a lot of sense. Oppressed and fed up with the lack of change the former peaceful movements tried to bring, the faunus sought a nationalistic identity in a more war focused White Fang that could claim them everything they’ve been denied up to this point. It’s something that our own history books all over the world prove can actually happen when your people are treated like the Faunus are for way too long.

I suppose Salem still has a chance at being humanized a bit. From what I’ve gathered, humans came after the Grimm. Seems like The Grimm are actually the victims, being slaughtered just for existing. Perhaps the world technically belongs to Salem, and she just wants to revert everything back to the way she intended it for the Grimm. At least, I hope SOMETHING like this comes up. The Grimm just being left at “oh they’re inherently bad even though they came first try not to think about it” just screams sloppy writing.

1 Like

But…I thought the Grimm came into existence and gain strength because of the power of human fear, plus whatever dark magics they use to take form…