Rooster Teeth's RWBY [Discussion]

We know from exposition that they feed off of negative emotions (or rather, they grow stronger because of them), but everything else implies that the Grimm came first, and that man was a separate, later oddity that somehow survived with resourcefulness and willpower alone. [Insert Spiral Energy joke here]

1 Like

Early Christmas preview

1 Like

Nah, pretty sure you mean:
The power within
The power within
The power within
The power within
The power within YEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

2 Likes

that new episode was somethin’ else

Tyrian vs. Qrow was amazing. That’s not a spoiler, though. It should be a given :stuck_out_tongue:

I CAN’T BELIEVE CROW BRANFLAKES IS DED /s

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever hated a character as much as Papa Schnee. Bravo to Miles and Kerry

Yeeeep. What a pompous, controlling, conniving snake. Also, don’t call him Papa Schnee anymore. He is now demoted to “Fake-Schnee”. I hope he gets thrown out a window, or fed to a pack of Beowolves. I prefer the latter because it would be quite… beautifully ornate to watch.

1 Like

Really, he’s not that bad. Nearly all of his actions can just be attributed to being a strict father. Except making Whitley the heir instead of Weiss. That’s just kinda unnecessarily mean. Speaking of Whitley, that kid is the worst.

1 Like

I liked this episode a lot, I felt like it drew me into this volume more. The fight between Tyrian and Qrow was really well done.

One thing I’d like to hear from others about this, was anyone else a bit alarmed when Tyrian swore? In context it made sense, so it’s not a huge deal, but I hope they’re not going to start adding unnecessary language all of a sudden.

1 Like

Agreed that fight was awesome. Technically Qrow and some Atlas soldier both swore last volume so it probably won’t be that frequent at this pace.

2 Likes

So the new year’s finally upon us, and surprisingly, there’s a new episode tomorrow. Wonder what it’s called.

Oh boy. And it’s 20 minutes long.

An extra-long angsty episode to end off the year. And you know how I love my angst :wink:

4 Likes

Wait…

did they just frickin kill off qrow in the very beginning of the ark they were setting up for him? That’s really not how you should go about it. Have it develop more before killing the character or have him found dead later on.

[spoiler]He’s not dead, and I don’t think he’ll be dying any time soon; his condition’s only worsening. He was only introduced in Volume 3, so I doubt they’d kill him off so soon.

still if they do end up killing him off we riot[/spoiler]

5 Likes

Agreed. I’ll grab the pitchforks. /s

I don’t think he is truly bad though.

The way he delivered the line about disobeying their father didn’t sound like someone who wants to be evil. I see it more like someone who has been conditioned, probably through violence, to be a good little company heir…

1 Like

What I hate about him is how he’s a total suck-up. He wanted to be the heir himself, so he acted like a perfect child to get what he wanted. I imagine that he went behind the scenes to his dad to try to convince him that he would be a better icon for the company. His smugness also kinda pisses me off

I still don’t think Jacques is quite as bad as everyone is making him out to be. Yeah, he’s pretty bad, and it’s clear that you’re supposed to hate him, but he’s not super awful. He’s certainly no Ragyo Kiryuin or Gendo Ikari.

1 Like

I see your point, and that is certainly one way to look at it.

I still reckon Whitley is more brainwashed than evil…

1 Like

Two brothers, one of shadow, one of light. One creates beautiful works of splendor, the other focuses on destroying everything his brother holds dear out of jealousy. Where have I heard that before…

6 Likes

…My little pony?

3 Likes

Well, that was a thing. Events really seem to be picking up. While I love this Volume, this is the first episode where I feel like a lot has happened. A couple cool fights, getting to see all of Team RWBY, important stuff happening on all fronts… and now I’m almost scared about what will happen next.

After watching this latest episode, my mother said it finally feels like it is heading towards a climax, and I gotta say, I agree…

1 Like