Rooster Teeth's RWBY [Discussion]

u watch rwby with ur mom?

wowlame.

(JK, I watch it with my little brother sometimes)

1 Like

I mean, my mum is a cool kid.

It is also nice to have someone who I can discuss it with immediately, and on a sorta, deeper level then here…

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see where they take the show.

So basically either Raven is going to heal Qrow or watch him die. Honestly not sure which will happen

https://admin.mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/excited-baby.gif

I’ve been wanting Ren and Nora backstory for a while now, so I understandably flipped the hell out when I saw this on the RWBY subreddit. However, this still begs the question…

…will this volume end at twelve chapters like the previous ones? There’s only two episodes left after this one, and I’m not entirely sure if they’ll be able to resolve (or at least further substantially) the events they’ve set up for the girls in time.

Well, we’ll just have to wait and see what tomorrow has in store. Maybe they’ll include a present day segment as well? dunno ¯_(ツ)_/¯

as a sidenote kide ren is adorable

3 Likes

Where do you find the previews? Ren looks absolutely adorable and I need to see more.

Rooster Teeth sometimes posts episode previews on their Twitter, if that’s what you’re referring to. It’s usually when there’s a bit event coming up, like Team RNJR vs the Petra Gigas, or Qrow vs Tyrian.

POST-EPISODE REACTION: [spoiler]I really enjoyed today’s episode. It was great to see Oscar take action and leave; makes me wonder what he’ll do next. I won’t deny that I kinda felt bad for the kid, seeing as he was pretty much forced into it by Ozpin. Hazel’s appearance at the train station was surprising, and so was Ozpin’s familiarity with him; it made me curious about their connection.

Ruby and Jaune in Kuroyuri was a pretty great scene as well, though it also had its faults. Seeing a proper acknowledgement of their motives for the journey and their faults was good and all; what I didn’t like was Ruby talking about her mistakes, which she mentions as “bringing Team JN_R along” and “not knowing about Tyrian”. Jaune makes a pretty good argument for the former afterwards, but… how could she have known anything about the latter? She had no idea that Salem’s crew would be going for her when she headed out with JN_R, so how would that count as a “mistake”? The real mistake she should’ve acknowledged was her stunt during the encounter with Tyrian; the one that got her uncle in his current state. Even after Beacon’s fall, Penny, Pyrrha and Torchwick’s deaths, and her sister’s injury, she still hasn’t processed the fact that the real world is no fairy tale, and continues to insist on being the hero. I really hope this fault is addressed soon; I just hope no one has to die for it.

Flashback time. Smol Ren was the most adorable I’ve seen in ages. Then smol Nora trumped that. On the subject of her, I’m genuinely curious about how she ended up in Kuroyuri; she’s clearly not from there, as evidenced by her stealing food and the other children’s treatment of her. Ren’s parents were pretty cool to see as well: it’s already been said, but his father almost instantly reminded me of Hanzo from Overwatch, while his mother reminded me of a lot of anime mothers, all of which are… well…

While the first Kuroyuri scene was kinda sad because of smol Nora’s mistreatment, the next scene was just emotional death. Ren’s mother getting Torchwick’d and his father being slain offscreen was heart-wrenching, and the beast doing so was no laughing matter. What was shown of it was only a glimpse in the shadows, though it seemed to look like two Grimm, one riding the other. Ren unlocking his aura and using his Semblance was pretty cool; it seems like it involves tranquility or muting his emotions, which is pretty useful when facing monsters that hunt based on emotions. Seeing him comfort Nora and giving him what would later become the basis for her weapon was pretty sweet too, and so was the instrumental rendition of “Boop” that played during it.

Back in the present, I couldn’t shake off an eerie feeling during the scene where Nora and Ren enter the den of the Grimm monster, and said monster’s cry as both look on towards Kuroyuri in the horizon was terrifying to say the least. Seems like its next targets are either them, for intruding in its property… or Ruby, Jaune, and Qrow back in Kuroyuri.

Whatever is the case, I doubt we’ll see it next week’s episode. We’ve yet to see what happens with the other girls’ own stories, and after an incredibly RNJR-centric episode such as this, I’d imagine that we’d see what happens in the finale, with the monster as RNJR’s final boss.

Overall, this was still a pretty solid episode. Sure, the scene with Ruby and Jaune nearly made me explode, but everything else had me on the edge of my seat. I love how somber this episode was compared to the previous ones; during every scene, I couldn’t shake off this eerie feeling. Call me masochistic, but it was pretty great.

tl;dr, it was spooky and I liked it :ok_hand:[/spoiler]

4 Likes

The new grimm is a single entity. It’s based on the Nuckelavee, which is a creature from Scottish (or maybe Norse?) mythology that is a skinless rider and horse fused together.

(^ the least nightmare fuelish pic i could find)

3 Likes

I like that this show doesn’t equate bigger with scarier. The biggest grimm yet got taken ot in a single episode, and the scariest grimm are just scary for other reasons.

~W12~

OK! That’s what the heck that thing was!
Super crazy awesome/creepy!
And that’s the LEAST nightmarish? Wow, sounds like something you don’t want to run into…

1 Like

yet it’s still traumatizing :cry:

2 Likes

decidedly less nightmarish than what else i found on google images
like this

spoilered because extreme sp00k

2 Likes

Ren’s dad is literally Hanzo.

4 Likes

I’m terrified that we are about to lose ren since he just got all this development

5 Likes

I figured as much, but still neat. I guess RWBY is pretty much going to get renewed until the story’s done, which is great.

I highly doubt they’d kill off Ren or Nora anytime soon.

5 Likes

Just got caught up on the last two episodes. I’m scared to say the least.

…pardon?

3 Likes

That’s either a mistake or we’re getting a longer Volume this time.

1 Like