Rooster Teeth's RWBY [Discussion]

Seems like generic anime bs tho, and idk if rwby really should be generic

1 Like

I know I’m late to reply, but 2 things about penny’s death

1. She’s probably a computer complicated enough that failure of a few systems could kill her permanently
  2. She actually has a soul, and I’m not talking like she’s a person or whatever, she is a robot with an aura, and thus a soul, unlike the other droids that appear in the show.

RWBY already is generic anime though, just with really low production values and some good choreography sprinkled in.

2 Likes

This is also true, so whatever goku is doing in naruto is probably alright in rwby

1 Like

Yes.

Get hype for Ruby’s army of shadow clones doing a synchronized Kamehameha while spinning in circles.

3 Likes

i’m going to just drop this here:

8 Likes

To be fair the low production values has more to do with the fact that they don’t have the biggest budget.

Also Monty Oum made the crew watch stuff like Sword Art Online, so he didn’t really have great taste in anime.

I mean, idk if ALO existed then

1 Like

While I won’t pretend RWBY is perfect, it’s significantly better than anime similar to Sword Art Online imo. So they must be doing something right.

4 Likes

I agree. While not being the most perfect show ever made, it’s better than most anime.

6 Likes

SAO is rather bottom of the barrel though. And while everything else sucks, at least it looks nice (RWBY can look nice, but more often than not it’s mediocre or downright bad IMO. Here’s hoping Volume 5 can continue what Volume 4 started) And there are sssoooo many Anime, it would be way too broad to write RWBY off as better than the majority.

Then again, I’m not a very devoted RWBY fan (despite keeping up with the best I can) So my outlook may be slightly skewed.

3 Likes

I wish people would think like this instead of writing off anime altogether, the same could be said for fanboys as well of course.

I would say Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is definitely better than RWBY, but hey, I’ve seen very few things come to that level, and that doesn’t make it bad.

SAO is definitely hanging the bar low, I kind of think it represents a lot of the bad anime currently running.

1 Like

FMA:B is honestly my favorite show, american or japanese

It’s god tier compared to RWBY, IMO.

1 Like

I’d have to agree, the only show that is in the same league imo is Avatar: The Last Airbender, which is sort of like RWBY in the sense it’s American anime (ish, let’s not start that discussion).

It’s better than most shows in general, seeing as most tv shows are pretty bad if you think about it.

4 Likes

dudesame

1 Like

So much nostalgia at that name…

1 Like

not like that’s too hard, a lot of anime is pretty garbage

2 Likes

He also made them watch Gurren Lagann, one of the greatest anime series ever made. I think that kind of counteracts your point about his “tastes”.

@jayzor17 and @Bobofoot forcedsuggested I watch this. I wasn’t too impressed, but it wasn’t bad by any means.

1 Like

Good, my apprentice. You are learning. :stuck_out_tongue: