Rooster Teeth's RWBY [Discussion]

I have known this for a while being a major fan of this game.

To play. At least have 2 gigabytes freee

1 Like

First episode of chibi 2 was a lot like ones. Very meh but I expect it to get better as we go on

We got a release date.

12 Likes

Time to set a watch along with my friend then.
So hype.

1 Like

I guess we’re only getting 22 episodes of Chibi this time around.

2 Likes

Do you find Chibi funny? And if so, why?

I find it both funny and cute because it’s adorable to look at and I love most of the jokes because a lot of them are in-jokes for the main show. Plus it’s just so lighthearted.

3 Likes

The first of the new character shorts (the one shown at RTX, the Weiss short) comes out next week for the public.

RT also seemed to be heavily teasing something at EVO this year in both this panel and the AX panel… wonder what it is :wink:

2 Likes

Really?

I found it really boring. I get most of the in-jokes, but they’re too predictable. Granted I haven’t been consistently watching the show. I just really didn’t understand why anyone seemed to enjoy it.

This is another concept I have trouble comprehending.

@Sonus So it sounds like Chibi just isn’t made for you. Personally I find it quite entertaining, but to each their own.

Didn’t even know that was a thing. Can’t wait for it to come out, now.

2 Likes

that feel when it premiers on your birthday

3 Likes

More deaths?
I don’t keep up with this enough

Edit:
Oh wait do you mean that new CG mecha thing they announced?

1 Like

Given Toshimichi Mori (creator of BlazBlue)'s interest in making a RWBY fighting game, as well as RT’s heavy teasing at both the Anime Expo and RTX panels, people are speculating a game reveal at EVO.

2 Likes

Ah, wasn’t there myself and I don’t really keep up with it. Hopefully it’s better than Grimm Eclipse if that’s the case.

Gen:Lock, it was called. PR team didn’t know about it until like two weeks ago. It was a pretty big surprise.

1 Like

Ah! That’s right, name eluded me at the time of posting. I’m curious to see how that turns out.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I need this game nowww

3 Likes

This just dropped, commence the wait for october.

Still feels too much like a hack and slash game in certain scenes, I feel that really needs to be worked out.

6 Likes

Animation in general suffers from CGI characters not seeming to have weight, but I think the main issue is that a lot of the new animators have come from a traditional weight/space/momentum mindset.

The RWBY characters aren’t supposed to move like they’re jumping high, or like they’re weightless. They’re supposed to be propelled through the air like they’ve been shot out of a cannon - it’s the recoil of their guns, which is why Monty had so many of the weapons be guns in the first place.

Weiss is just moving too slow in this trailer, and all of the Volume 4 fight scenes seemed to have this problem too. The weight and speed is what gave those scenes such intensity, and it was so insanely and creatively choreographed, especially when it was one-on-one fights.

RWBY is definitely different and I’m glad the show keeps moving forward. It currently looks gorgeous, way more than it ever has. But the choreography still seems off to me. I’m not sure if it’s purely just in my head because I consciously know Monty’s gone. If I’m being honest, I thought something was missing in the RVB Season 10 fight scenes too (except for Tex/Carolina vs Connecticut/Rebel Leader).

I spent so much time watching Dead Fantasy, Haloid, RWBY and the RVB Season 8/9 scenes fights at 0.25 speed on my computer so I could see how the choreography took place almost frame by frame. This new RWBY is very, very close, but it is missing some choreographical magic.

6 Likes

The animation is so smooth. And it’s beautiful.

Also Mirror Mirror Part 3.