Rooster Teeth's RWBY [Discussion]

Sure looks like a Chibi

1 Like

Gonna DP an update as we have the intro and trailer at this point and technically the first episode for people who have first or whenever the pirates get it. Though ngl I’m not as excited for Vol 6 as I was for 4/5

Intro is also a banger. It’s really good. Though the cinematics is kinda wonky imo but its probs just me.
Also can we talk about how we have Maz Kanata from Stars Wars TFA in RWBY now?

1 Like

Personally, I find the intro very clumsy and cluttered. My problem with Kerry and Miles’ intros is that they try to basically make a trailer for the rest of the Volume, why Monty was basically just “hey this would be cool”. I suppose it would be better if it weren’t two minutes long.

Ah well. I’m skeptical of Volume 6 anyway.

Neo tho.

1 Like

Season 1, episode 1, very first scene:

“Man, born from dust…”

Season 6:

“Wait, if the god of darkness killed everyone, where’d all the humans come from?” -all the RWBY fans.

~W12~

4 Likes

That still doesn’t explain it, but at least it’s something.

I feel like a famous Cinema line works well here…

“Life finds a way”

But really, I’ve been enjoying this Volume :slight_smile:

gee maybe they came out of the dust

Be honest, it was probably a bit they forgot; not like the writers know what they’re doing anymore.

2 Likes

They haven’t since Monty died.

2 Likes

[spoiler]I mean, in a video with Burnie he states that Monty had years and years planed out, he knew the end goal.

I feel like the writes know the end goal, but no idea how tot get there.[/spoiler]

3 Likes

that honestly makes way to much sense all things considered

1 Like

I agree 100%. The extremely messy intro made me very skeptical for this volume. However, I think this volume may actually be taking a turn for the better, or at least when compared to Volume 5.

For me, I just want classic RWBY back. That probably won’t happen, especially with Monty gone. But I feel that same scenes in Volume 6, i.e the train fight, and Neo vs Cinder, are getting there. The iconic, fast paced fights in the original volumes gave me a rush of excitement, especially with the amazing music by Jeff and Casey. These scenes really brought me back to those times.

If RWBY goes back to what made it so great, I would be beyond grateful. My biggest fear, though, is that this volume is going to end like Volume 4, leading up to a terrible finale in Volume 7.

I actually heard they want to do 12 Volumes. Monty only had up till Volume 7 planned, however.

1 Like

oh god that sounds actually painful

I feel like this is inevitable with the series at this point. I’m not sure how they’re gonna move the story well.

So who exactly the weird robo grandma? I’m not going to bother watching this volume to be perfectly honest, but I do want to know what the deal is with her.

Watch the Volume to find out.

Her real name is Maz Kanata. She’s an interdimensional being disguised as a human.
/s
~W12~

4 Likes

That’s just the thing. I don’t care enough to sit through another volume. The RWBY I loved is long gone, and I’ve just lost interest. But there’s one single aspect that has me curious, so I wanted to know about it.

1 Like

You may want to give this volume a chance, it is a definite step up from the previous ones. Even people who hated the last two volumes have generally liked Vol 6.

~W12~

2 Likes

The thing is, I was going to. I was genuinely ready to give this volume the benefit of the doubt and try it, but then I saw the completely jumped the shark by introducing a real huge blue magic genie lady. RWBY has always been somewhat grounded up until now. Yes there are mystical elements like semblance and dust and grimm, but something about the way they were presented made it believable. But then you go and throw in something like that out of absolutely nowhere, and my interest is gone.

Not really.