Salvation: Part II

“Only I am watching you.”

“Wouldn’t be wiser to let him too at the end?”

“Unless you know where to find the others, I see no other reason to delay speaking with him any longer.” Zepar said.

“Maybe you know where we can find the others!”

“I’m not sure.” He said. “Perhaps the captains or Broadband could contact them to remind them to come to the meeting?”

“Alright, alright,” Corona submits to the crowd.

There is a silence as the atmosphere changes. Corona shirks the casual and lighthearted persona she had adopted since morning and returns to the more somber composure she had held the night before.

“These men and women- Autobots, Decepticons, and neutrals; soldiers, doctors, and spies; misfits, rogues, and paragons, have been brought together- be it by fate or the will of Primus- to shoulder the greatest undertaking yet given to our people: the salvation of our god, and with him, all cybertronian life. On the eve of what may be the Darkest Hour, they have built a bridge over the divide torn between our people by centuries of ruin and bloodshed. I do not mean to diminish the parts that all thousand aboard Salvation will play in the days ahead, but it has been suggested to me that these individuals will be of particular significance, and I shall now present them with gifts that shall help them through the perils to come.”

A procession of bots step out from the doors of the capitol building, each one carrying a weapon or piece of exotic equipment. The crowd is entirely silent as they watch the procession.

1 Like

OOC: Perfect music choice. :ok_hand:

IC: Juliana and Gatecrasher both waited.

The three Splitter brothers watch with wide eyes.
“This was unanticipated.” Muttered Thrust.

SideStep sidled in to line up with his fellow crew members.

Spectrum bounced up and down next to Pixel.

“Do you have their comm channels?”

One bot walks up to the Splitter brothers and presents Thrust with a polished golden datacard.

“Take that to Facelift when you meet him next,” Corona says to the three. “It contains information that might help him restore your combination abilities.”

Another bot hands an array of thin, silver rods connected to a spherical device to SideStep.

“A modification yo your hologram projector,” Corona says to the Decepticon. “Golden Age hard-light projection technology. I trust you’ll find it useful.”

Another bot- the spiky, crimson fellow who had accompanied Corona earlier, hands Gatecrasher a medium-sized metal shield- a weapon from the Golden Age restored with modern cybertronian technology. Cyberglyphic characters adorn its aged surface.

“The Sentinel Shield is a simple tool,” Corona comments, “but one befitting your character, I feel, Gatecrasher.”

The green armored guard presents Juliana with another restored ancient cybertronian weapon: a blaster with two curved fins sprouting from the barrel, appearing almost like some high-tech crossbow.

“A standard weapon,” Corona says, “Well, standard in comparison with others of its time, but it will serve you well nonetheless.”

1 Like

“Thank you ma’am.” he says, then bows.

Juliana took the weapon, looking dumbstruck.

Alterion and Delta were looking at the new prises.

Thrust’s face lights up.
“Oh, wow! We’ve been meaning to do this! Thank you so much!”

SideStep took the structure and gripped it tightly.
"Thanks.

1 Like

Corona smiles as she turns her attention back to SideStep.

“I, uhm, have a feeling this isn’t quite what you were expecting,” she quietly confides to the Decepticon.

That, I cannot give you; but you might find it sooner than you think…”

The prophet walks on, as two bots follow her to offer gifts to Alterion and Delta.

To Delta, a bot in blue armor presents a small stasis canister, holding a tiny, bird-like mechanical with two large mandibles in between its beak.

“The pirate whom Thrift… ah, how shall we say, acquired your beast mode from also kept this curious little fellow around,” Corona says to her. “He just so happens to be among my followers, and decided to offer it to you.”

Thrift’s eyes widen. To him, this was apparently not good news. The junkion begins looking for a way to sneakily depart from the scene…

To Alterion, a woman bearing violet armor and militaristic alt-mode components hands Alterion a large sword:

OOC: it’s this, but the blade and hilt are silver (most of the time, anyway).

IC:

“The Sword of Judgement was long thought lost,” Corona says, “vanished with its master when the Knights disappeared so long ago. You are a seeker of truth, Alterion; a worthy successor to the blade.”

Daria quips,
“What do you think the chances of them being nice are?”

Actaeon shrugs and grabs the key.

Driftshot watches the others, keeping a ‘poker’ face. He wasn’t the most comfortable in front of crowds.

1 Like

“Maybe… thirty-five-point-nine-two?” Facelift proposes, tilting his head.

The two sentinels deem the two to not be a threat, and return to their previous positions on the wall.

The Omega Key feels cool to the touch.

A bot with lime-colored armor presents Driftshot with a containment device holding a swirling mass of liquid sentio metalico- the “living metal” that cybertronians were made from.

“Driftburn, Scrapshot… one who lives two lives, and is unsure which, if either, is truly his own,” muses Corona. “Perhaps this could help you find your answer…”

Driftburn puts his hands on the containment device,
“This… is it something you’re sure I should have?”

“I’d say one hundred.”
Daria quips back grabbing her weapon.

Actaeon shrugs and flies back to where Daria and Facelift were, possibly being heard or seen.

Corona nods.

“Yes,” she affirms, “it is.”

“Well that was disappointing!” Facelift whines. “I was hoping for some real combat, y’know? It’s been too long since we’ve stared into the yawning abyss of the maw of death.”

Indeed, Gronius and Zepar may have seen Actaeon, in his jet form, rocketing away from Salvation and out toward one of the cliffs. (@BlackBeltGamer98 @Toa_Vladin)

The docking cradle’s arms and swarm of drones aid the engineers in repairing the Fleetcarrier, stripping away damaged sections of hull plating and putting her weapons back in fighting shape.

SideStep nodded.
“That’s for sure.” He replied.

ooc: just asking before I forget, does Spectrum get anything? Sorry if I sound greedy, I’m just curious.

Driftshot peers at the liquid metal, wondering what in the world he might use it for.

Daria quips,
“We can put you in the front line in the next fight.”

Actaeon lands and walks toward them,
“Perhaps that could be arranged.”

He walks up to the door,
“Maybe this key could be a key to the door, anyone want to do the honors?”

It was was impossible to discern its function just from looking at it within the container.

Facelift gestured to the door.

“Hey, you’re the one holding it right now…”