Salvation: Part II

Zepar grabs the sword, thinking it may react to this action.

Shadowraker dropped the holorecorder towards Corona.

Indeed it did. The pommel of the hilt clicks and rotates ninety degrees clockwise.

Facelift gets down on one knee and clasps his hands together.

“Primus, my man, I know we don’t talk much and that you’re busy dying and all, but there’s a secret room we’ve found on this weird planet in the middle of nowhere, and I’m acting on a hunch here, so if you could humor me…”

An expression of intrigued curiosity crosses Corona’s face as she picks up the device.

“What’s this, now?” she asks, inspecting it.

Zepar tries to move the sword to see what it would do.

The device shows a small screen that was like a mirror, displaying Corona’s face. A small button lights up on one side of it.

Daria nods,
“I’m guessing we’re not too needed anymore, perhaps we should go where we were being called for?”

Actaeon gives a thumbs up and stays near Zepar watching the sword,
“Try pushing down?”

Facelift was still trying to appeal to Primus, sticking to his theory that prayer would unlock the mysteries of the room.

“What, are ya busy or something? Wait- don’t answer that; that was a stupid question. Of course you’re busy; you’re a god… still, help a guy out, will ya?”

Shrugging, Corona presses the button.

Zepar tries to see if the sword or any part of it could be removed from the room’s center.

The screen showed a blinking red dot and “REC” in Neo-Cybex.

“Uhhhhh…” Blight trails. “Not sure. No, I don’t think so.”

Pixel stares at it for only a moment before trying to fit the canister in his mouth.

With some effort, Zepar is able to pull the sword from the floor. It begins to transform back into the Omega Key. Two notches remain in the floor where the blade had been.

Corona turns the camera around, then looks up at Shadowraker curiously.

Fortunately, the canister was just too wide for that.

Blight is handed what appeared to be a grenade launcher by a bot bearing purple armor.

Shadowraker doesn’t seem to know what the device does either.

The screen shows the image the device was facing, the little dot and letters still blinking.

“Need some help there?” Epsilon asked, seeing Corona’s actions with the device.

Zepar checks near the marks on the floor, looking to see if it could be rotated.

“Well, obviously I know it’s a recording device,” Corona says. “But I’m not sure what this bird wants me to do with it.”

It could.

Zepar prepares to put the Omega Key back in there, hoping that it may be able to unlock this room even more.

“Maybe she wants you to record something for those invited that couldn’t attend?” Epsilon asked.

The Omega Key, sensing Zepar’s intentions, transforms back into a sword. There is a click as the pommel rotates, as it had done when Zepar first grabbed it.

“Ah, yes, that might be appreciated,” Corona realizes.

Zepar tries to twist the sword clockwise, and if that fails to yield a result, he’ll try rotating it counter-clockwise.

Epsilon nods, “It seems to be recording right now.” he said, pointing to the icon still blinking on the screen.

Daria chuckles and puts her hand down on Facelift’s shoulder.

Actaeon looks at Zepar,
“Maybe pressing it further down might work?”

The sword and its dais rotate clockwise, producing a resounding him and a pulse of blue energy. Some conduits in the walls light up with an orange glow.

Facelift looks up.

“D’ya mind?” he says. “I’m having a spiritual awakening here.”

“Yes, I can see that- oh,” Corona reacts, fully realizing what that meant.

“Well,” she says to the crowd. “This does conclude our little ceremony. You are free to leave- and to our guests, enjoy our hospitality- while I make arrangements to give the absent heroes their gifts.”

1 Like

Zepar tries to se if this lock could be further interacted with and tries pushing the sword down and turning it more.

Epsilon nods and leaves Corona to record something while Shadowraker watches Corona, waiting for instruction or something to do.

With a sharp click, the hilt of the sword retracts into the blade. Another blue pulse emanates from the Key, and the floor ripples and begins to change shape. A control console forms around the Omega Key as a scaled-down replica of Salvation and the spaceport around her rises from the floor.

@Toa_Vladin @Jcton @ProfSrlojohn @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister @meepinater

In the city, many a head turns as klaxons blare and ancient machinery screeches; arcs of blue energy race along Salvation’s length as her docking cradle retracts, leaving only the massive rings around her, holding the Fleetcarrier in the air with antigravity technology. The engineers working on Salvation’s repairs are fortunately all able to make it to safety.

“My,” Corona reacts, turning off the recorder for now, “that’s new…”

Salvo instinctively deploys her weapons, as does Lurch. ■■■■■■■■■■■■’s gauntlets light up as he whips around.

In the secret room, the miniature replicates the actions of the spaceport outside.

“Huh,” Facelift says. “So I wasn’t onto something. Ah well; me an’ the bot upstairs still had a nice talk. I feel kinda closer to him now…”

2 Likes

The Splitter brothers look around.
“What’s going on?”

Gatecrasher grips the shield, and prepares to jump into the air as needed, while Juliana just had a terrified look on her face.

Actaeon chuckles,
“Let’s hope that’s not the self-destruct button.”

Daria looks at Facelift and sighs.

1 Like