Salvation: Part II

“Woah!” Cried Gatecrasher, pulling up quickly to avoid colliding with it. He circled the creature, awestruck by it’s beauty.

Daria’s face forms in a thumbs up [OK] and she starts to walk off,
“I feel like we should perhaps leave them to their task. We can discuss our theory on the way back to your office.”

Pixel’s beeping stopped, and the cube went dead silent.

Blight wanders aimlessly through the halls, hoping to root out someone who looked smarter than he was (which would surely not prove to be a difficult task).

He would bump into, once again, into Juliana.

“Oh, hey!” he waved politely, streaking to a halt. “Long time no see!” He smirked at his own joke.

Thrust turns around. “Yes?”

“Not seeing seems to be the way we roll.” She replies with a humorous smile.

Hundreds of glowing, dark-red eyes slide around on tracks within the creature’s hood, watching Salvation and Gatecrasher as he flew around. On the landmass atop its “head”, a flock of draconic robots takes flight and soars away over the sea.

Jagged, crackling bolts of crimson energy shoot between the giant’s tentacles, though at the moment it didn’t seem intent on attacking anyone.

“Sure. If that’s that what you want,” Sprocket says with a shrug, stepping into the elevator.

“Perfect!” Thrift says, withdrawing his hand.

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister “Hey little dude,” the junkion greets Pixel with a wave, before turning his attention back to Thrust.

@meepinater “Just thought I’d stop by and offer some advice. Curios aren’t my only stock; I deal as well in proverbs and sagely wisdom acquired through millennia of adventure.”

@Toa_Vladin Wildsong would soon receive a message from Topside on her communicator.

“Wildsong; it’s Topside.”

######“…Obviously…”

“I find myself with some time on my hands, and figure you’re still interested in going over… whatever it is you d*mn-near kidnapped me to talk about. I’m in my quarters on Deck 1, block 17- 'bout as private a place as you can get on Salvation. If you’ve got time, stop on by.”

1 Like

Zepar saw the commotion outside and then saw the creature.

He flies down to a safe distance and attempts the Universal Greeting.

Thrust frowned.
“I highly doubt you’re qualified.”

Two of the strange creature’s many eyes no begin to follow Zepar. It emits a muffled blaring sound, like the noise of a trumpet playing far away. Whether or not it understood Zepar couldn’t be determined.

Thrift tilts his head.

“Pardon?” he asks. Like most, he didn’t understand the Ancient language.

An arm shoves free from the cube and waves before vanishing back into its form.

Blight grins, though a little awkward, surprised, rushed, and delighted all at the same time. “Juliana, you don’t by any chance happen to be or have a sibling, cousin, very good friend, acquaintance, relative, lawyer, lawyer’s friend, ex, or in-law who may be a super nerd about weird artifacts, which may or may not even be from this dimension?”

2 Likes

Gatecrasher shook himself out of his daze, (which looks pretty goofy from a plane) and returned course to his objective.

Juliana looked confused. “What? No I don’t think so. I’m single and orphaned in every sense of the word.”

The small island atop the creature’s head still seemed safe to land on, and possessed a thriving techno-organic ecosystem.

Noticing this, Gatecrasher turned around. “I’ve got some time.” He thought and tried to land on the island.

Thrust raised an eyebrow.
“I highly doubt you’re qualified.” He repeated.

Zepar wondered how he could attempt to communicate with the creature to learn what made it surface like this…aside from the obvious (the giant Fleetcarrier floating above its head)

“Okay, um…” Blight stammered, catching his breath. “I’ve found something really creepy. Like, maybe a vampire, or Excalibur, or, or-”

It feels weird writing that without italicizing it

“Calm down!” she says with concern on her face. “Take a deep breath, What is going on?”

“That’s just it!” he scrambled. “I don’t know!”