Salvation: Part II

“Need someone to go with you to check it out?” Epsilon asks.

“I can handle myself,” Sprocket says as he deploys his plasma cannon, trying to sound tough- and not entirely succeeding.

“…Uh, but some company’d be appreciated, sure.”

1 Like

“I’d be happy to come along.” Epsilon offered.

“Great!” Sprocket replies with enthusiasm.

He looks to Gatecrasher.

“You coming too, man?” @ProfSrlojohn

1 Like

Scorchlock rose his metal eyebrow as Delta’s hand went into the wall, and there he could see, the greenish-blue aura that surrounded her figure. “At least we have a way to escape…” Scorchlock glanced at the wall from the gate. “Let’s see if this works.” the Wrecker would say, as he walks towards the wall beside the gate and tries to walk inside of that instead of the gate.

OOC: Phase shifter? Really :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

King-Quan would get inside as the gates would open for him and the others with the allowance from Hyperborea and the other Sentinels.

Scorchlock would be unable to phase through the doorway.

Delta pulls herself out of the wall.

“Okay, what the slag is happening?!” she snaps, bewildered. Alterion and Redstocker test the solidity of their forms to find that they, too, were able to phase through the walls of the corridor.

@meepinater

King-Quan and SideStep would enter a chamber beyond the gate, lined with consoles that hummed to life upon their approach. Pale lights in the ceiling activated, and the terminals’ holographic and liquid metal interfaces came online, as well. One shifted into a miniature of the mountain, while another displayed an orange hologram of Salvation.

OOC:

A phase shifter grenade!

Scorchlock wouldn’t have tried to phase through the doorway, but rather through the wall, besides the doorway.

“It’s what I feared,” Scorchlock said. “It’s a grenade that allows you to phase ■■■■■. But I don’t know how to reverse the effects…unfortunately. Because they didn’t come with a frag instructions manual.”

“That’s what I call a welcoming party,” King-Quan adds as he continued to walk through the now entered hallway. Noticing some holographic displays, one that was a miniature mountain and the other a hologram of Salvation. “Oh, look, our ship!” He points his index finger towards it.

Scorchlock wouldn’t be able to pass through that, either. It seemed he was entirely unaffected by the phase grenade’s detonation.

“Maybe it wears off,” Alterion suggests, hopeful.

“It better,” Redstocker vows, “or I’m gonna-”

“What? Kill Shockwave? You literally can’t touch him right now,” Delta interrupts.

On cue, readouts appear beside the hologram of the fleetcarrier, written in cyberglyphics.

Population: [X] thousand spark signatures detected.
Armaments: transwarp weaponry and kinetic barriers detected. Approximately [X] gun turrets observed on hull. Threat level: moderate.
Tractor beam engaged. Anti-aircraft defenses on standby.

“Quit yapping and make yourselves useful!” Scorchlock interrupted them both. “You, Delta!” He pointed at her. “Go through that door, now.” He said as he pointed towards the door.

“Wow…” King-Quan wowed in surprise as he walked closer towards it. “It tells the ship’s data information.”

“Who died and made you boss?” Delta retorts.

■■■■■■■■■■■■ walks up beside King-Quan, studying the hologram. Unfortunately, he couldn’t understand it.

“What exactly is it saying?” he asks.

“Are we seriously going to have this discussion?” Scorchlock asked, with an unusual calm tone before snapping. “I said, move your aft and go through that door!!” He said. “Time is of the essence. I don’t have time to sugar coat everything. I’m not Willy Wonka.”

King-Quan glanced at ■■■■■■■■■■■■, confused a little. “Oh right. You don’t understand ancient cybertronian.” He mentioned as he looked at the hologram. “It says the Salvation information. Such as how many passengers it has. What are her armaments and so on.” He said, looking at the fellow Decepticon.

SideStep looked around, the pale lights slightly reflecting off of the patches of his restored armor.

Zepar begins looking around the corridor as the group delves deeper into the fortress.

There is a flash of light as the effects of the phase grenade wear off. The three NPCs look down at their hands, patting on the walls to confirm that they were solidly in this plane of existence once more.

“Oops,” Redstocker unapologetically grunts. “Looks like time’s up.”

■■■■■■■■■■■■ rolls his eyes and groans.

“And that concern you in any way, Autobot?” the Decepticon captain asks, narrowing his gaze.

Breakswitch takes note.

“You’re looking better,” she observes.

@meepinater

The lift takes the party up the central spire of the fortress, opening to reveal a wide, circular room. A shaft of light shone through a hole in the ceiling, illuminating the center of the otherwise-dark chamber. The floor was composed of techno-organic soil with patches of ancient metal running throughout. The walls were adorned with strings of cyberglyphs, and on either side of the arena knelt massive grey statues of Atlantis and Hyperborea.

Between the two statues, in the center of the room, a pillar of gold- a console, no doubt- rises from the biomechanical earth.

Sprocket was ready to leave for the spire.

1 Like

“I guess that cybermatter stuff really helped clean me up.” He mused.
“My mind’s more intact, too. I’m not as, well, kookoo.” He twirled his finger, pointing at his head, to emphasize his point.

1 Like

“Well, that’s always good,” Breakswitch replies with a friendly smirk.

1 Like

“Yyyup.” SideStep replied, looking around at the walls of the hall.
“Dang, this place is pretty nice.”

“I know,” Breakswitch said. “These Knights really built their stuff to last.”

SideStep could see a lift at the far side of the room.

Zepar steps up to the pedestal and tries to interact with it.

The console lights up as Zepar approaches, with dots of blue light appearing on its surface. A thin keyhole was visible on its top.