Salvation: Part II

“She’s not a security threat!”
Breig shouted as he walked over to where they were.
“She’s one of us. Just… Malfunctioning.”
He said the last part hesitantly.

“Besides, whatever happened I’m sure it’s not that- Sweet Solus Prime!”
He shouted in terror as he saw just what had happened.

Split opened his mouth to speak, but closed it.
“Yes, captain.”[quote=“MaximusPrimal, post:8632, topic:49995”]
“She’s not a security threat!”
Breig shouted as he walked over to where they were.
“She’s one of us. Just… Malfunctioning.”
He said the last part hesitantly.

“Besides, whatever happened I’m sure it’s not that- Sweet Solus Prime!”
He shouted in terror as he saw just what had happened.
[/quote]

Split glanced over at Brieg.
“One heck of a malfunction, then.” He coldly remarked. “She needs to be taken down, or out. If she hurts more crewmembers, it may have to be permanent.”

“Well… It seems she’s gone for now… Perhaps this will be the end of it?”
The scientist had to force the words out, as she struggled not to heave and throw up.

“Some malfunction,” Greasemonkey snarks. “Looks more like murder to me, sir.”

The cyborg kept his rifle at the ready, looking up at the rafters where Broadwing has carried Starchaser away.

A short time later, a door to a nearby lift opens to reveal Topside, his rifle deployed and a frantic expression on his face. Behind him follow six armed guards.

“Talk to me,” he says urgently to Split. “You said dragons? Could they have sneaked two more of those clones onto the ship?”

“Doubt it. Once a threat, always a threat.” Split replied.
He looked down at the body again.
“Besides, she already killed someone. That’s enough reason to at least imprison her.”[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:8635, topic:49995”]
A short time later, a door to a nearby lift opens to reveal Topside, his rifle deployed and a frantic expression on his face. Behind him follow six armed guards.

“Talk to me,” he says urgently to Split. “You said dragons? Could they have sneaked two more of those clones onto the ship?”
[/quote]

“They definitely weren’t clones, sir. They looked to be crewmembers. They knew this unfortunate bot.”
He motioned to the decapitated Treadquake. “They went off that way.” He pointed in the direction Broadwing and Starchaser had gone.

“Please. She’s… She’s not in control of herself. You can’t blame her for this.”
Brieg said nervously. Speaking to both Greasemonkey and Split. @meepinater

The decepticon had flown off into the high dark corners of the rafters, well hidden from anyone below. But, if Greasemonkey had seen the direction he took off, he would notice it was the same direction where his old nest used to be.

“Not in control of herself? She killed a cybertronian. That’s on her. What else could cause her to do that?”

Topside looks down at the body of Treadquake, a sigh escaping him before he turns to his guards.

“You heard him,” he says, gesturing up to the rafters. “Go!”

The guards begin to climb upward, one turning into an attack helicopter and rising above the catwalks. Topside turns back to Split.

“Just wanted to make sure you had some backup,” he says. “Not that I didn’t think you couldn’t handle it; it’s just that I…”

The captain’s voice trails off, and he tightens his grip on his gun.

“We’ve had enough action for the day; let’s try to avoid a little more, if we can,” he finishes.

Split nodded.
He split into his three counterparts, the brothers turning into jets and hovering up to the rafters.

“Don’t nobody shoot without my say-so!” Topside calls after the brothers and the other guards as he follows after them.

1 Like

“Yes, sir!” Lightshift replied, albeit somewhat reluctantly.

“A malfunction with a behavior module I installed. It was supposed to help her control her new beast form, but there must have been a miscalculation or a programming error or something. And she went feral.”
He hesitantly admitted.

Broadwing knew there would be a violent response to what happened. He hid himself within the darkest reaches of the upper levels, trying to make the two of them as hard to find as possible.

Topside and the guards climb up to their level, with one remaining in helicopter mode and sweeping the rafters with a ■■■■■■■■■■■. The others activate lights on their own bodies as well, holding their weapons down as they perform a thorough search. Greasemonkey advises them to check the site of Broadwing’s old nest.

Thrust lowered himself back to Brieg’s level.
“You what?” He asked incredulously. [quote=“MaxinePrimal, post:8643, topic:49995”]
Broadwing knew there would be a violent response to what happened. He hid himself within the darkest reaches of the upper levels, trying to make the two of them as hard to find as possible.
[/quote]

Lightshift and Vigor transformed, landing on the rafters.
“Hello? Anyone up there?” Vigor growled.

The decepticon beast huddled defensively over the sleeping Starchacer. The wandering lights frightened him. He tried to keep his profile low and out of sight, trying to make as little noise as possible. But his tail twitched nervously, an involuntary reaction to the stress.

“Well it’s not like I meant for this to happen!”
He shouted defensively.
“She asked me to install the new mode for her. The program was only meant to help!”

“Hello?” Lightshift called out, wandering closer to the nest. [quote=“MaxinePrimal, post:8646, topic:49995”]
“Well it’s not like I meant for this to happen!”
He shouted defensively.
“She asked me to install the new mode for her. The program was only meant to help!”
[/quote]

Thrust sighed.
“Yeah, you had good intentions. Look, I’ll help you fix it if we can calm her down, alright?”

“Whoever you are,” Topside calls to the two, “come out peacefully now; we’ve had enough bots killed today, and I ain’t looking to send anybody else to the Allspark. So you just come out where I can see you and surrender, and that’ll be the end of it, you hear?”

“We won’t hurt you if you come out peacefully.”

“That would be… appreciated. Thank you.”

“Leeeave!”
Broadwing hissed. There was a notable fearful edge to his voice.
“Did nothing wrong… Cannot blame her… Leave us be…”
He said, his voice echoing from the darkness. Though now that he had made himself known, it wouldn’t be hard for the others to find him.

Topside stops as he recognizes the voice.

Broadwing? How-? Doesn’t matter,” he sputters. “Look, we’ll sort out where you’ve been later, but this new friend of yours just killed one of our own. That’s something that don’t come without its repercussions, and this is one of 'em, alright? We’re not looking to hurt nobody, so long as nobody moves to hurt us; so you bring her out calm and peaceful-like so we can take her in.”

The other guards begin to quietly surround the nest site. They keep their weapons down, and the helicopter-bot assumes his robot form and clambers onto the catwalks.