Scouting

this is a topic for us to talk all things boy or girl scouts.

how many boy or girlscouts are there on the boards?

how many of you are going to jota/joti?

6 Likes

knock knock
Girl Scouts!

Do you have chocolate chip?

N-no sir…

What do you have?

Raisins…

I never asked for this

10 Likes

I am a life scout

1 Like

I only went up to basic Boy Scouts. I quickly lost interest because I was in one of the worst troops EVER! ALL THEY DID WAS FREAKING TALK! Yeah, the scout leader was a bit of a dope.

2 Likes

I used to be a scout but then the cost of constant camping trips started adding up.

1 Like

I’m a scout, it’s really handy for a poor guy like me. I’m in only for the leftover food and the sauna.

1 Like

I am a active scout, and I have recently finished my cycling merit badge.

ONE HUNDRED, AND FIFTY MILES.

3 Likes

I play a scoutish class in most RPGs. Do I count?

2 Likes

In all seriousness, I think it’s great program. And I do help out the Leaders some times. I just had a really sucky time when I went through Boy Scouts. In my troop, all the other guys were around two years younger than me, and I was always outvoted on activities.

2 Likes

Sees topic name
ayy my favorite
http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1310497258732.jpg
But seriously, I like scouting. Especially when you stay up all night and prank the other scouts, but it’s also cool to do other activities, like biking or hiking. Have any of you guys hiked a slot canyon? Man, those are fun…

1 Like

I was in cub scouts in grade school and loved it, but around the time we became Boy Scouts I stopped getting along with the guys in my troop and quit after a year or two. Also,

This was a problem too. XD

1 Like

I’ve been in scouts since webelos and am currently a star scout, although I’m almost to life. I haven’t been very active lately though.

Once upon a long time ago I was a girl scout. Then life happened.

Though yeah…

Never decided to progress into scouts, however i attended cubs and beavers. Was very fun and went camping a few times, best time was when we camped out at this house in the middle of several fields and spent a day or so playing laser tag.

I was a scout all the way up until January of this year when I aged out. It was a lot of fun and I can’t speak highly enough about the program.

2 Likes

I was a Cub Scout. I dropped out for a year or two. I became a Scout Scout. I only missed a few Tuesdays. I became a Venture (that’s a thing in America, right?). I only missed one Tuesday. =P

It’s great, the camps are cool.
The best part is when you have an awesome Scout Leader.

1 Like

Wait, lemme get this straight…people…PEOPLE LIKE SCOUTING?!

I hate scouts. Camping is boring. WOO, WE GET TO SLEEP ON HARD GROUND FOR A WEEK, GETTING BUG BITES AND EATING BAD FOOD! WOO HOOO!

The meetings are terrible, all they do is talk. I was only in scouts because my mom signed me up, thinking it would be a “Life lesson”.

Oh yes, I love scouting. I like camping and hanging out. I recently got back from scout camp and it was a blast, I earned a good amount of merit badges and had a ton of fun. I am currently aiming to be a Eagle scout before my 16th birthday.

So…I guess I entirely disagree.

2 Likes

Hey! Scouting! I’m an eagle scout! Then I aged out and became an eleven-year-old scoutleader.

2 Likes

That is pretty neat!

(remembers what my 11 year old patrol was like)

I pity you…