Self-MOC Revamp: Makuta Artorius

The first MOC I ever posted here on the message boards was my self-MOC, which was based on a modified General Grievous frame. I’ve done what’s essentially a complete design overhaul, working from scratch aside from the head and mask, which still uses the same techniques on the original. While he doesn’t have silver in his color scheme anymore, and he’s not quite as large as before either, I feel like it’s my best rendition yet. I’ve also built plenty of accessories that can be interchanged for specific situations.

Here he is with a simple cane.

His antidermis tendrils, while holding a zamor of his own antidermis.

His finger tendrils, with daggers plugged into his gauntlets.

Back shot with swords.

And finally, with his hammer, and another zamor of antidermis.

I’ve put a glow in the dark roborider wheel in the center of his chest, and added a few other, smaller glow in the dark pieces in other spots. While he lacks a cape and wings now, he uses a much more concise and consistent build. I might give instructions on my youtube channel later on, but that might be a while away.

15 Likes

The build looks decent, and the color scheme is quite nice. I also quite like the inclusion of all those system pieces. Nice job!

Quite an unusual color scheme for a Makuta; he looks like he’d be a being of Light with the white/black/gold. The green is the only bit that til reminds me of Makuta (as antidermis, as you said). I’d sugest you add in some more black to darken his color scheme - black and gold could work out well, maybe with some sparse white accents.

I actually made him based on the makuta of the melding universe, though he’s not specifically from the one Mazeka visited.

Part of me thought that was the case. I guess without a character description included it’s hard to tell.

Well if the color scheme isn’t a concern, I might as well give some thoughts on the build. It’s kinda messy. Most of the issue comes from the plethora of Master shells on his shins and torso - they disrupt the smoothness of the CCBS shells, especially the very curved shoulder and thigh shells. I’d advocate getting rid of all those; and maybe thinning out his torso a little. Right now that looks super blocky; while most torsos - at least that make for good MOC torsos - broaden a little from the waist to the shoulders.

1 Like