Set 75113 "Rey" Review

Hey everyone! Ok so because a review of this figure has no real place on my channel I decided to review it here. Today I’m reviewing Rey!

Rey is set 75113, has 84 pieces, and was originally 19.99 but now in most places is on sale for 15.99.

Box

The front looks fine, showing Rey on Jakku, nothing crazy here.

The back is fine as well. Showcasing the functions and weapons, ya know, it’s just a box.

Build

The build/building experience was pretty great! She uses pretty much every pin hole on the torso for something and has a unique stance that I appreciate. All the new Star Wars figures that have the gear function implement it amazingly and it’s almost as if it’s not even there.

Functions

As mentioned before, she has the gear function introduced in last year’s BIONICLE sets and it works great!.

The arm is made stronger by the two gears on her back. I have to complain, however, as the gear-nob stinks out a large amount and could have bean easily shortened. I also think the blue pin and red axle stand out and might bother some.

Rey comes with two weapons that the box seems to count as functions so I’ll cover them.

Most prominent is her bo-staff. Apparently this might have some great story significance but I don’t know enough about Star Wars to tell you that. As far as a toy goes, it’s pretty fine. Looks good enough, nothing special.

She also includes the gun that Han Solo gave her in the film. I’ve really enjoyed the Star Wars guns in these sets and this is no exception. It looks very accurate to the movie from what I remember, and the chrome piece is nice to get.

I do think that she should have a lightsaber as she is force sensitive. She does already have two weapons though so I can understand why it was left out.

Overall

I really want to give this figure a very high rating but it has one HUGE problem that almost kills it for me, the head.

The mold of the head is mostly fine, but the biggest problem is the eyes and mouth. It looks fine, we don’t have a Luke or Galidor thing here, it’s just the expression is really bad. She always looks like she’s really confused.

It KILLS posing. Look at the picture I posted, she looks terrible in that pose because of the head. I had to really try to get these posses right for the pictures I posted earlier. In most posses you get her in she looks really goofy, not to mention the awkward head gown that really does not flow into the body. Personally, I would have given her the full mask.

Final Thoughts

This figure gives me a lot of trouble. I love the torso build, I love the cloth, I love the functions, but I HATE the head. Finally:

Cons:
Poor leg coverage
Bad Head
No Lightsaber

Pros:
Great Torso assembly
Great parts pack (almost every shell is a new re-color)
Great functions
Great pose-ability
Good Weopons

7.9/10

If you want it, buy it. Especially for the parts.

5 Likes

Pretty nice review, though I think the set is fine without the lightsaber.

Otherwise, all the points you have I mostly feel the same.

Yeah the lightsaber really doesn’t count as much of a con. It’s fine without it, it’s just with her being shown as very force sensitive it would have bean cool. But the lightsaber isn’t a set-breaker at all.

1 Like

*bo-staff

Only three do, actually.

Good review, though.

Rey’s one of my favorite characters out of TFA and one of my favorite SW figures.

1 Like

Thanks for the edit! And I guess I meant all the figures that do have the gear function implement it well, I’ll edit it to make it more clear though. Also, thanks for the complement and I also really like Rey as a character, I really like the set though. Like I really wanted to give it an 8.

1 Like

Great review, I’m not a fan of this set’s appearance because of the color inaccuracies it has. The minifig version of Rey is much closer. It’s a great tan parts pack though and I picked up an extra one when they went on clearance.

Great review!

I have to say that I hate every SW figure that isn’t supposed to wear some kind of armor, and the reasons are pretty obvious: Creepy heads, armor coverage, …