Should Hero Factory be rebooted?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

5 Likes

HF didn’t really have too much of a fan base to my knowledge (At least not as big as some other Lego themes). Also the plot wasn’t too interesting IMO. So it’s a no for me.

1 Like

I just want an original constraction theme.

3 Likes

Oh I see where you’re going with this. Yes I completely agree, but I don’t thing HF is the way to go. Hopefully Lego comes up with something else…

1 Like

HF was a important period in my life. I would be happy if it would be rebooted.

3 Likes

HF was there when Bionicle failed.

Perhaps that could happen once more.

4 Likes

As much as I liked HF to an extent, I would prefer something new.

4 Likes

Hero Factory was so much wasted potential. I’d like to see it come back and live life to the fullest.

9 Likes

I would like to see what skilled story-tellers would be able to do with the idea.

Petition to, after Brickonicle, make TTV’s Hero Factory. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

In my opinion HF was very flat and boring, but it had a lot of potential for a reboot. If they focus on the fact that an entire super police force is owned by one man, Mr. Maccuro, then it could be interesting, especially if they paint Hero Factory itself as the villain, or if they just use the Boulder Bolder’s fan fiction. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

To be honest, I think it deserves a continuation, Christian Faber even explained that there was more to Hero Factory than we were shown. It would be interesting to see where it would go IMO.

1 Like

I think the real question is would they sell? I’m not sure where to find the sales data from past years of HF, but if they were not all that great, then the line has no hope.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m a bit torn up about this.
The MoCist in me probably wouldn’t mind too much, as hey, new pieces are new pieces. The main concept wasn’t that bad to begin with, either. And then there’s also the fans who saw the line as their Bionicle, so saying that it shouldn’t happen at all seems kind of unfair, especially after 2015-16.
On the other hand, though, it also had a lot of flaws. Villains randomly associated with Heroes for no reason, plots that literally went nowhere, alien space robots not having names properly befitting alien space robots (as evidenced by pretty much every previous constraction line before it, one word will suffice, whether exotic-sounding or not), and my personal favorite, the genocide ending from IFB. Obviously there are more, but that’s a topic for another day.
So yeah, if Lego actually addresses said issues if/when they decide to reboot HF, then I’d be fine with giving it another shot. But if it just ends up being more of the same, or, if by some statistical improbability, it ends up being worse, then I’d rather not see it come back at all.

6 Likes

Eventhough I voted yes I would prefer a new theme.

2 Likes

Exactly.
SWC is great, but it’s a lot of white, black, grey, brown, and the occasional color. Constracton needs a theme full of bright colorful heroes. Ninjago ultrabuilds anyone?

But would Hero Factory be the best way to do that?

Yeah, it’s good to point this out, but here’s the thing: that never happened. We wouldn’t have found out abut the deeper story of HF if Faber hadn’t said anything. Maybe HF had big plans, but it never did anything with them. It didn’t even hint at them.

We don’t know, but what we do know is that the number of sets declined toward the end, and the other material decreased as well, to the point that IFB only had one short animation. No books, no comics, nothing.

So Here’s what we have: Constraction need something that isn’t Star Wars. HF likely didn’t sell too well, and even BIONICLE G2 didn’t help, and neither really had a good story. If Lego is going to have another constraction theme, they need to actually market it, give it a real story (we know they can do that, because Ninjago), but maybe they shouldn’t use a theme that didn’t sell well before. Not HF, not BIONICLE, but something new. #MakeNinjagoConstraction
Actually, that wouldn’t really work. The ninja in the show are minifigs, and Lego won’t change that. They can do both for Star Wars because Star Wars are humans, but any other theme has to be either Constraction or system.

~W12~

2 Likes

Sure, it would sell well because of Ninjago’s fan base, but I don’t think that’s the way to go. Personally, I don’t think Lego should milk Ninjago dry. Sure it’s a good original theme that is selling well, but Lego needs more themes like it. Not more Ninjago. If there were to be a new constraction theme, I say a completely new theme entirely. Not a rehashed line. But that’s just my opinion.

3 Likes

Hero Factory had potential, but it was squandered. Much like G2, it had some cool sets but never capitalized on what could have been. Rebooting it probably wouldn’t make things better, so why bother see a second cycle of a hated replacement failing after the cancellation of a fan favorite?

It’s a no for me.

2 Likes

I loved the new story and sets from it but it ain’t my call; it’s Lego’s. If we get another Bionicle or HF, I’ll enjoy it as it’s all constraction to me.

2 Likes

I was actually going to vote no but I changed my mind. It probably wouldn’t, but it could have so much potential to be decent. I liked the constraction sets for the most part, I wish I had been able to get some of the motorcycles, for example.

Anyways, I have an unfinished HF story from like six years ago that I need to finish writing…

6 Likes

You get right on that. :stuck_out_tongue: