Site Bugs: Rules and Guidelines

Not a bug, gotta enter 10 posts, read 50, and read posts for at least 30 minutes to reach trust level 1

Also, welcome to the boards!

1 Like

Glad to be here!
Also by “enter” 10 posts, you mean start 10 threads or comment on 10 of them?

Nvm, just ranked up to Level 1 a couple minutes after replying to this XD

Voted in all 9 polls

I don’t know if it’s just me, but backwards slashes function strangely.

When I type two slashes, only one actually shows up.
\

When I type three slashes, only two actually show up.
\\

When I type in four slashes, only two slashes actually show up.
\\

Was this done intentionally, and if so, why?

Because \ makes whatever is before it visible, and hides itself. It’s a trick for getting formatting to show up to other people.

So, let’s say for example I’m trying to tell you how to do strikethrough. If I type out the code for strikethrough, it just turns it into strikethrough
like so

But if I put backslashes in after each s, I can make it appear, so you can see how I made it strikethrough:
<s>like so</s>

And, using this trick to show you what I mean by “after each s”: this is what I typed up above.
<s\>like so</s\>

Make sense?

It’s easier than saying something like “type < s >like so < /s > without the spaces”

3 Likes

Ah, I see. Thanks!

EDIT Mar 10 2021: Sometimes, I can’t look at the “new” topics section. Does anyone else experience this? Is it a bug?

The reply button isn’t appearing for me on certain topics. This is annoying because I want to post to “Introduce Yourself”. I also don’t know how to PM other users, which is why I haven’t asked a moderator directly.

If you click on someone’s username, a blue button that says “message” should be in the top right corner of their bio. I hope this helps.

Also, welcome to the message boards!

Thanks.

I’m not seeing the message button. Is there something wrong with my account?
Screenshot 2021-09-20 180204

Now that I think about it, I know why this is happening.

Since you are a new user (Trust Level 0), there are some restrictions on what you can do. You need to reach Trust Level 1 to gain the ability to send private messages.

Here’s what you gotta do to move up to Trust level 1.