Skillet

I got most of their albums from their site sadly their debut and alien youth (that A&A remix album too) weren’t there.

I’ve listened to various tracks from their early years here and there. It’s not my favourite. They had a much more raw, almost electronic sound (with a lot of screaming) back then that I’m not a huge fan of.

1 Like

A&A Remix=Eww.

But I try to avoid paying full price for anything =P if I can find it used or on a good sale, then I’m doing good =P

1 Like

You know I like Skillet too… I just love Battle Cry!

3 Likes

I’ll have to listen to it again, but I don’t think it’s that bad.

I love Everything Goes Black and Freakshow too. Rise’s deluxe songs.

A lot of their songs are good!

2 Likes

Most of them are I’d say. There’s only a few (well, a lot from pre-Comatose albums) that I’m not super into.

Some Skillet songs I just can’t seem to fully grasp. It’s Not Me It’s You is one of them. Anyone have any ideas about who John is singing about? At first I assumed the song had a spiritual connotation and was referring to the Devil, but after talking in this topic, I suppose it could be about his dad. It fits, but it seems kinda harsh and hostile, no? Any thoughts?

3 Likes

I could say, but it get’s into relion stuff. I coulden’t post it here and I don’t now if I could PM it so…

1 Like

I remember reading that it was just supposed to be an “angst-y” song. Not necessarily about religion or his dad.

I know I read that John likes writing songs people can relate to so, take that as you will.

1 Like

Talking about more sensitive issues is permitted as long as it’s done in a respectful way in a closed PM. Honestly, I believe the main reason for the ban on certain topics is to prevent trolling from new users. I trust most of the folks around here to keep a level head during discussions. TLDR: Go ahead and PM me. :smiley:

1 Like

I believe he is speaking to the Devil. It kind of sound’s like Skillet’s version of Peter Furler’s song, Dare I Say.

I apologize if saying Devil offends anyone, I just have not figured out how to “cross out words” to make it hidden.

1 Like

That’s basically what I said in the PM, but yeah!

How do you put videos in posts?

2 Likes

I would like to see Hard to Find or Whispers in the Dark as a Bionicle AMV. Seriously, Skillet makes anything better. I mean honestly, just watch this and try not to want to watch the abomination that was Ghost Rider:

2 Likes

I like their songs every now and then.

I mean, they’re quite good, but really easy to get burnt out on. The only ones I can come back to more often than once or twice a year at this point are Not Gonna Die and Rise.

2 Likes

Really? Skillet is the one band I can’t seem to get sick of (no pun intended)

Meh, not the most dramatic AMV ever. Though it does make this Ghostrider thing seem kinda interesting.

I’m just gonna leave this here…

3 Likes

Well, that’s because it’s Korra

…Just kidding, please don’t hurt me

1 Like

Sorry, what? What’s because of Korra? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nothing. I saw you quoted my post,

replying with:

and saw the Korra AMV, and I saw an opportunity to make a joke

1 Like

Awesome. Just pure awesome.

But really, I’ve been feeling comatose lately.
I can hear not gonna die. in my head.

1 Like

That base is… quite something…

Those opening violins! So pretty!

2 Likes