Skillet

My birthday btw.

Best present ever!

2 Likes

This sounds awesome! I already bought it and have watched the lyric video twice.

The electric sound mixed with the good 'ol head banging metal really works for me. My favorite part is the lead-in chorus where John says:

ā€œshot like a rocket up into the skyā€¦ā€

It almost sounds like the words are like cards being shuffled, and as they slap on top of each other.

And man, that guitar is perfection. :zap::zap::zap::zap::zap::zap::zap::zap::zap::zap::zap::zap:

2 Likes

So Suicide Squad is coming out, Sabaton and Skillet are releasing new albums, and Iā€™m going to college.

August will be the month I go into debt.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Not sure how I feel about Stars yet. I need to listen to it a couple more times. It sounds very contemporary worship-y, which can be either good or bad.

1 Like

It kind of reminds me of the really old Skillet stuff.

Like a bridge between new skillet and the old.

Same here. I donā€™t know if I like itā€¦ I just have never connected with praise and worship music. Theyā€™ve always just felt like hymns to me.
I do NOT like either of them.

Iā€™m the opposite. I like modern a lot more then most hymns.

changes subject before I have to ban myself for off-topic religious discussion :stuck_out_tongue:

Stars has definitely been growing on me. I really canā€™t wait to see what the next songs off the album will be like.

1 Like

3 Likes

So, what does everyone think of the new album? Iā€™ve only listened to it a couple times, but Iā€™ve already got a few favourites. Itā€™s so weird listening to Skillet songs that I donā€™t know by heart. :stuck_out_tongue:

Listen to the full album here:

1 Like

Funny, I actually heard Skillet quite a while ago. I liked a good amount of their songs, like ā€œnot gonna dieā€ and ā€œfire and furyā€, but after researching them I discovered that they were a Christian band, and Iā€™m kind of embarrassed to admit that I really havenā€™t been able to listen to their music the same way againā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m fairly ā€œmehā€ about the new albulm. I really like ā€œInvincibleā€, and I think ā€œBack From the Deadā€'s pretty good, but none of the other songs have really stuck out to me.

1 Like

After having listented to most of the songs on Unleashed a dozen times, I can safely say that I love it. Watching For Comets and Out Of Hell in particular have been getting stuck in my head lately.

4 Likes

Ah yes, Watching for Comets is a pure masterpiece. It might be my favorite Skillet song ever.

2 Likes

Not a huge fan, tbh. The whole album feels rather leashed, ironically. I donā€™t think it lived up to its potential. I do like I Want to Live and Resistance though, and Jenā€™s singing is phenomenal. Also doesnā€™t anyone else find it odd that the lead single for Unleashed is called Feel Invincible and Skillet also has an album/song called Invincibleā€¦?

1 Like

Indeed. Though I do feel like theirā€™s a bit less of it on this album, which I miss. I also really miss the violins/cellos (Comatoseā€™s intro FTW!).

I noticed that too. Funny coincidence.

2 Likes

Listening to the album again, I think ā€œLionsā€, ā€œUndefeatedā€ and ā€œThe Resistanceā€ are pretty good.

3 Likes

Have you guys seen the Unleashed mash-up? I love it. :smiley:

3 Likes

Adele has the voice of an angel? Phfffffft. No way.

Jen Ledger is the one with the voice of an angel.

3 Likes

Iā€™m personally slightly let down by the album, Probably because I was hoping for all the songs to be great. All of the tracks are good, but not all are great. But thatā€™s just my two cents.

1 Like