Skrall?

I have some questions about Skrall:

1. How do they actually reproduce? I mean, there’s a conflict between males and females. Do they have a time like one day in millenium for meeting, or they just stopped reproduce when conflict appeared?
  2. Are any Leader-class Skrall Sister exist? Like Tuma, but female?
  3. If yes in 2., it is possible to exist half-Leader half-normal Skrall? If no - how Leader-class Skrall are born?
5 Likes

I think the plural of Skrall is Skrall.

3 Likes

You may be right, I’m accustomed to “Skralls”, due to my language plural. If yes - I’m sorry.

3 Likes

No worries, my man.

2 Likes

Greg has mentioned something like this is the case.

1 Like

Huh.
I always just assumed that the Sisters used their Psionics to lure in unsuspecting potential mates, sort of like how sirens and mermaids use their voices. Guess you really do learn something new every day.

3 Likes

I always thought that since the characters we see when Mata Nui goes to Spherus Magna have been alive since the Core War, we can assume no new Skrall have been born. On you second thing it may be possible for the sisters of the Skrall to have a leader class, but as they see Anona as their leader, they simply don’t have the need for one.

2 Likes

Not every of them, only the oldest ones, like Raanu, Gelu, Ackar, Tuma etc. But as I remember, Kiina and Gresh were not living while Core War.

2 Likes

We never do get a full skrall character, so their age is up in the air, and what I hear of the young ones is that it was their parents that fought in the Core War.

3 Likes

Kiina was alive during the Core War and participated. Gresh was also alive, but he was too young to participate.

Infact, all SM characters we have seen were alive during the Core War, and most likely, the majority of Skrall.

2 Likes

Okay, You’re right. I always thought Gresh was younger.

2 Likes

There are numerous instances in comics of species where the males and females live apart, often in a state of armed truce, and only meet once a year or once every so many years for mating purposes. Not an original concept.

No, I don’t see the females as having a leader class. I think they are more egalitarian and less class-conscious than the males.

5 Likes

Thanks for Your response!

I mean their physique. Like Tuma is “that big, bulky Skrall”, then could any female “big, bulky Skral” exist?
The reason of this question is - if not, then we need only male Big Skrall and female Skrall to born another Big Skrall. But if yes, then we need male and female Big Skrall for it (if my way of thinking is right, of course). This is also the reason of my third question I asked.

3 Likes

I don’t think I understand your question. It’s not necessary for both a father and a mother to be big and bulky to have a child who grows up big and bulky. Aaron Judge’s Mom is not 6’7. My ex and I are both 5’8, and yet our child is going to wind up taller than either of us.

3 Likes

I thought Tuma is kinda “different species”, like there’s line of normal Skrall, like Branar or Stronius, and bigger Skrall, like Tuma himself. Maybe I misunderstood some things.

2 Likes

If I’m reading into things correctly, it sounds like @Bestial’s wondering if the different chastes of Skrall society can be classified as separate sub-species of the same race (sort of like how wolves and dogs are both canines), if a member of one class needs to seek out a member of the same class in order to successfully mate, and if there are members of the Sisters who would’ve shared the same builds as Stronius and Tuma had they actually been given sets.

2 Likes

Yes, but I think they’re even closer than that. More like different breeds of dogs, which, if I have understood what Greg has said in the past, only applies to male Skrall… Two different breeds of dogs are fully capable of breeding with the outcome of a healthy dog, aka they’re the same species.
The wolf and dog comparison is more like comparing humans and, uh, neanderthal maybe?
Also, if I’ve understood what Greg previously has said, the class runs genetically, but I’m not quite sure on that part, which would mean the EL of Rock and Tuma, who are the only leader-class Skrall left, were to die, the leader class would be extinct.

3 Likes

I agree with what you say, but please don’t hate me for nitpicking- Neanderthals and humans did reproduce together. I’ve heard that most Europeans have a lot of Neanderthal genes.

That’s the point, so can wolves and dogs, but they’re not the same species, and as such not breeds.

1 Like