Skyrim!

That doesn’t include my sadly unmeasureable time on Xbox 360.

I know people who’ve logged several thousand hours in and still find new stuff to do.

My last playthrough was as a necromancer. I honestly loved it more than past playthroughs.

2 Likes

I’m a weird combination. I think the best way to describe it is Spellsword.

2 Likes

I’ve already done one playthrough as a pure warrior (which I’m still doing but wanted a break). He was a Dunmer named “Vlikslef Sloom.” Kind of a weird name for a Dark Elf but I didn’t know squat about Elder Scrolls lore at the time. Anyways, he’s a Companion but not a werewolf.

I’m doing a second playthrough as a Bosmer simply named “Ardwine.” She’s a stealth archer who works for the Thieves Guild.

2 Likes

Nice. I always stick to Argonian. My first time playing Skyrim, I thought, “This is the closest thing I’ll get to a dragon-person in this game.” I’ve been the Elder Scroll’s version of “Walking with Dinosaurs” ever since.

1 Like

I just choose elves because of their bonuses, but I also love how they look. Seriously they look amazing.

1 Like

They do. They’re fun to try and impersonate as well. Even the Altmer are kinda charming. Alavosk, my Argonian, doesn’t really have much against elves in general, not even Dunmer despite the dark history with them and the Argonians, pun not intended.

1 Like

Imperials.

Down with Ulfric, the killer of kings! On the day of your death we’ll drink and we’ll sing!

Which is funny since my first character was a Dunmer, and he sided with the Imperials.

3 Likes

Well if you go into history the only groups that really like the empire are bretons and imperials

everyone else was in it for peace or profit.

3 Likes

Ah, that makes more sense.

2 Likes

Pretty neutral as far as that front goes. The Stormcloaks have a nice cause, but the means are a bit dodgy, and the Empire is . . . well, the Empire.

Is it possible for Skyrim to be similar to Hammerfell?

2 Likes

No, no they don’t. They have no idea what they’re talking about. They’re bigots, and Talos does NOT deserve worship. He was the most recent incarnation mantling the the Et’Ada Lorkhan. Lorkhan is pretty much the TES version of Loki. Mishevious, malicious, and conniving. He’s responsible for mortality itself and the indirect murders of countless Et’Ada/Aedra and their ancestors, the Altmer.

I’m gonna embody my character for a sec . . . To be honest, I’m not a religious person in that regard. Talos, no Talos, Hist, Divines, as long as it’s not Daedric or Sithis, I’m kinda okay with it. I do agree that some . . . okay, maybe most Nords are kinda bigoted, but honestly, it’s their land, why wouldn’t they be? Threatening lack of religious freedom is a serious thing, something that would give Nords a reason to be ticked. Not all Nords are bad, though. Even Ralof, a Stormcloak soldier, is a pretty nice guy. This is kind of how it went for Hammerfell as well, the Empire giving to the Thalmor without checking with the Nords on it. I don’t want Skyrim to be given to the Dominion of all people. For Oblivion’s sake, I’d rather take up High King than let them take over.

Daedra and Aedra are the exact same beings. The difference is that the Aedra were tricked by Lorkhan into creating Mundus, and as a result were used as sacrifices. The Daedra are just the Et’Ada that weren’t tricked. He’s also to blame for the mortality of Altmer.

Neither group is wholly good or evil. For example, Akatosh is insane and Meridia helps keep people safe from the undead.

1 Like

At the same time though all mortal beings with the exception of the original Elhnofey would never have been born to begin with so he could be argued as a force of creation. And the Aedra who became mortal were never cast in the greatest light to begin with.

The problem being that he’s left seriously ambiguous so it’s up to players to fill in a few blanks about things.

Not to mention the very idea of Lorkhan has almost always been colored through a distinctly High Elven lens and they hate his guts. About all we can definitely confirm beyond reasonable assumption is that the HoK is definitely related to him.

Actually Daedra are essence of Anu and Padomay while Aedra are Anu alone.

3 Likes

Is HoK the Olivion protagonist?

1 Like

Heart of Lorkhan

Ah, okay. Also, to reprise an earlier question, could Skyrim, with the help of the Dragonborn, be able to do the same thing Hammerfell did? A.K.A. secede from the Empire and drive the Thalmor out themselves, preferably without the Stormcloaks. I’m looking to push back, not flat-out invade Summerset Isles.

1 Like

hypothetically but unlike Skyrim, hammerfell was united.

Y’see the White-Gold Conocordat also forced the empire to let the Thalmor do with Hammerfell as they please so the Redguards had a strong force to unite them against both the empire and the Thalmor.

1 Like

Whereas Skyrim’s kinda jumbled?