Skyrim!

It’s also helpful when you have to go to a lot of Draugr resting places. It was especially helpful when I went to the final fight to defeat Alduin. All those draugr were harder than usual and Dawnbreaker proved to be the best weapon I had at hand.

Ugh, I remember that place. It took me so long to get through it, especially with magic since I rarely use magic (usually lightning against dragons).

It was a bit hard for me, but I pretty much became a tank by that point in the game, and I was wearing blade armor, so I was pretty darn well protected.

Also that Alduin boss fight was disappointing. :confused:

Oh . . . was it? I thought it was pretty cool. I enjoyed it. In my first playthrough, I saw a Stormcloak get eaten in Sovngarde. Scared the hell outta me and I felt really bad. I mean, the guy made it to Sovngarde. He was outta the war, he was in the place where all the warriors who die in battle go, and he got devoured right in front of me. The three Nord heroes and I avenged him by slitting that World-Eater’s throat, I was so happy. Well, Alavosk hasn’t gotten there yet, so if there’s a mod that might make that fight a bit more climactic, I might get it.

The problem is, by that time in the game, he was so easy to kill for me. He was like any typical dragon, honestly. Using Dragonrend only made it easier.

While having the Nord heroes fight him along with me was cool, he just wasn’t very hard. Again, I might have been overleveled, but he couldn’t hurt me much with typical attacks. I was also a Dark Elf, so his fire barely hurt me.

Mm . . . yeah, that’d explain it. I think I was actually a bit low-leveled, I may have died to him a couple times. Oh well, to be fair, I wasn’t too armored up. I wanted to dress for the occasion, so I had the cuirass from the Hircine quest and a hood with, I think, Steel or Nordic bracers and boots. I think I was also using the shield that acts like a ward as well, so there’s that.

Oh man, no wonder you had a hard time.

1 Like

What you fail to realize is that the Thalmor practically runs the empire unofficially. They intentionally weaken it for their own gain.

Sticking with them is not only joining a failing and dying empire but also accepting the Thalmor’s control.

1 Like

Honestly, it made killing him all the more worth it if that restrains myself in any way, plus I looked awesome while fighting him and even got a couple tankards with the Nords before heading back. Needless to say, I kinda got giddy at all the famous Nords I got to talk to. Funny, though, 'cause Alavosk this playthrough around doesn’t drink.

Also, yeah, the Thalmor are kinda running the show behind the curtains.

1 Like

But wasn’t Ulfric already a Thalmor puppet anyways?

Either way the Thalmor win.

Ulfric wasn’t a direct puppet of them he just started the war and that was convienently what the Thalmor desire.

The Thalmor simply want Chaos so arguably both the Empire and Stormcloaks are puppets in that respect.

1 Like

I kinda want a scenario where the Dragonborn not only somehow unites Skyrim as their own province, but gets the help of Hammerfell to keep the Thalmor at bay. Otherwise, my plan for a post-game story is kinda hanging by a thread.

2 Likes

I just think it’s stupid there wasn’t an independant path.

If anyone could do it than the Dragonborn (Talos was one too btw) could.

However the post game story is still in dire straits because the DB is all but confirmed as a puppet of Hermaeus Mora by the end of the DB DLC whether they like it or not.

3 Likes

Yikes, that really sucks. Yeah, why not an independent path? Balgruff did it, why can’t the Dragonborn? Also, really? To Mora of all things? I already got Nocturnal on my back, now I gotta worry about a giant mishmash of a knowledge-seeker?

2 Likes

We welcome our new High King, Yes Man.

Don’t worry, a lot of sidequests and the final boss fights for both Dawnguard and Dragonborn are great.

I mean, that’s the case with all Daedra though. If anything, there will be an eternal battle waged over just who gets the Dragonborn’s darn soul. They all might even just be like “Oh screw this, it’s not worth it”.

1 Like

Karstaag and Ebony Warrior both make up for Alduin’s lacking.

The boss fights to conclude Dragonborn and Dawnguard aren’t super hard but they are rather interesting.

4 Likes

Oh the sidequest bosses are great. I particularly liked Olaf One-Eye as a boss, he was cool.

3 Likes

At this point, I’m just holding out for something more about the Marsh. Otherwise, I’m making assumptions with Alavosk’s origin left and right.

ESO has a small region of Black marsh accessible.

The rest sadly is deadly poisonous to creatures not created by the resident eldritch trees.

Regardless, everyone is in severe existential danger as long as the Thalmor exist. The longer everyone is distracted by false peace or even war against the Aldmeri Dominion, the closer the Thalmor get to achieving their true hidden goal: A complete reset of the universe. We’re talking lives practically just erased in order to restore what came before.

3 Likes