Slime's Community MOCs (No Requests at This Time)

sounds like slime needs to git productive

6 Likes

You realize that you’re ruining the system. We’re the lazy ones who don’t want to build MOCs ourselves by asking you to do our dirty work for us. And we don’t even pay you!

All joking aside, you could try to limit requests.

Like only 6 people can make requests, and when you’re finished with about half of them, 6 more can request.

It’s like a never-ending cycle!” --Steve Higgins, The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon

1 Like

Ummmm you realize he still has a lot to do and be just said no requests

1 Like

Umm…

Was that not very clear?

I wasn’t saying you were joking I was just saying that he already tried that and it didn’t work all that great

2 Likes

sounds like hewks needs to shut up
jk luv u bby

In all honesty, it’s been 6 months since I last officially updated this with new MOCs. There are several reasons behind this.

The first reason is simple: I’m a lazy person. I procrastinate on basically everything I do, even stuff I enjoy doing, so it’s rather hard for me to get going on projects.

The second reason is that I’m a full-time college student. I’m at school nearly all week, and when I’m not I’m trying to working on homework. When I started this (November, 2014), I had a lot more free time.

Third reason is a larger focus on my YouTube channel. I know, I’m not the most active poster of videos, but I have been trying to make at least one video per month, if not more. Making those videos takes a fair bit of focus, even if it seems like complete randomness.

Fourth is a larger focus on Combo Modeling. Back in the days of HF, I spent most of my free time not MOCing, but making combo models. Having purchased nearly all the sets of 2015, I’ve rekindled that flame. It’s something I really enjoy, and is one of the things I look most forward to when I get a set.

The fifth is a lack of parts. I’ve got, what, 35 Community MOCs assembled right now? That’s taken quite a bit of a toll on my parts supply. Granted, I’m not completely out yet, but it’s kinda hard to get motivated when you barely have any parts.

“But Slime, what about all those sets you just talked about for combo models? Why not use them?”

Thank you for asking that question, hypothetical user. I don’t like to use the parts from my sets because then I’d have to dissemble them to make combo models, which leads into the next question,

“But Slime, why don’t you just take apart your MOCs?”

It’s a good question. I’d have a huge amount of parts to work with if I took them apart. But…

Call me stupid and sentimental, but I don’t like the idea of taking them completely apart. Granted, I’ve already gone ahead and done it with some users, so I might one day just say “screw it” and take apart some of the more crappy ones.
Lookin at you Kyo

The last (and honestly least important) reason is the amount of people on the list. Honestly, I really don’t care much about it. For whatever morbid reason, I enjoy doing things that most would consider impossible or stupid. In fact, the long list of people is what gives me the most determination.

…Having said that, I won’t say it hasn’t had any effect on this. I had to close down requests for this a while back because it was just getting to be too much. I have to have an end goal, or else I’ll lose all hope. I don’t plan on removing anyone from the list though, unless it’s an emergency.

Hopefully that’s enough of an explanation for you guys. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have an art project to finish before tomorrow. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes
3 Likes

views gradebook

views current MOCs

That’s not an excuse.

3 Likes

I’m sure you’ll rebuild me eventually… one day… I hope

2 Likes

I think this project has had the longest hiatus ever.

2 Likes

Slime got on the same boat Guts was on.

3 Likes

So here’s a #generalupdate for you.

After 3-4 years of this project being “active”, I made the very difficult decision to dissassemble all of my community MOCs (sans a few). I’ll be honest. I never intended to take requests. I made Tate’s and Cal’s just because they were my friends. When people started to request themselves I probably should have said no, but decided to just roll with it, and things soon spiraled out of control. Having said that, thank you to everyone who requested a MOC. You helped me improve my talents, and provided an outlet to make people happy. Although this community has vastly changed the the past 4 years, rereading this topic has made me remember the way things used to be.

Before I disassembled stuff, I took high(ish) quality pictures of every MOC I had assembled. So without further ado…

@Tate

@Calvatron

@Jemoph

@Chedzu

@Helryx08

@HewksDKowlihad

@Charyas

@takua

@StudentScissors

@Kretta

@Middlefingerstudios

@Sean_is_dead

@Willess12

@Hawkflight

@anon90160534

@Leoxander

@Corex11

@Marendex_T17

@Creep

@anon68675807

@Cordak_the_Cynical_Makuta

@Keravnos

@tahtorak

@Nyran

@John_Smith

@Vuhii

@ToaOfUltimateDoom

@Ekorak

————————————

So that’s that. I guess the project is done now, right Slime?

#WRONG

I still have MOCs to make, and now I have 9 years worth of parts to work with. No more excuses. I will finish this list if it takes 10 years. Like I said 3 years ago, completing this list will in fact solve world hunger, and I intend to follow up on that.

With that said,

#To do list:

To build:

-DragonicToa -CGL -Grangups -Takua -Mistuh_Grammaticul -MiraculousPrime -Rockho -Krecek58 -Philipe_The_French_Pea -northernphantom -Garnira -Ghosty -TFM101 -RaptorTalon19 -Paradox -Booster_Gold -Toa_Of_Shadows -Toatrex -xX_TChalla_Xx -Scarilian -Vicroen -TMM -Lolunch -ELK

Thank you for your patience. This has been a #generalupdate.

25 Likes

Hey, do me next!

3 Likes

RIP SnEk
You will be remembered well, but your sacrifice was for a worthy cause.

Now let’s see some of those new ones soon Slurm :eyes:

7 Likes

shaddup you’re one of the few i kept assembled

5 Likes

RIP like half the people on this list

6 Likes

Sure, I may’ve just gotten a head on a stick

but it was the handsomest darn head on a stick there ever was.

9 Likes

ah i remember when i saw that lad irl

rip

3 Likes

Woah that’s awesome, makes me want to rebuild my own.

2 Likes

I had forgotten you made that. I had also forgotten how rad your Beef MOC was.

2 Likes