Social Media Imposters

I guess this may be something we’ll have to address in the future now that we’ve grown in popularity so much (perhaps with a topic saying what places we’re active on), but I found this hilarious so I’m posting it.

FOR ANYONE THAT USES INSTAGRAM: This chump is not me.

I recognize a few familiar faces commenting on his posts, but not sure how many of them use the message boards. Some of the stuff he says is hilarious; he claims Var and I are IRL friends, for instance. XD

-Mesonak

44 Likes

I follow this guy on Instagram and I definently had my suspicions. Well, now I know it’s not you although I didn’t truely believe it was you. I was going to ask you but I never got around to doing that.

You can never know these days if that person you’re following is the real deal.

12 Likes

He also claims that @stuartstuartstuart is Eljay.

15 Likes

It was bound to happen eventually.

6 Likes

This is kinda sad. Someone even asked him when the next Autopsy would come out. :frowning:

18 Likes

Meso! I didn’t know you had a instagram! Lemme just follow you real quick…

8 Likes

This guy is an ***hole.

Now we have to make sure people aren’t getting scammed <.< I already see a post where he’s asking people to make stuff for him.

16 Likes

I’m guessing you guys can’t use that fancy “verified account” function/thing?

6 Likes

I’ve seen so many Greg imposters out there, as well. Careful guys about this… I don’t think Greg has a social media account, so don’t follow anything with Greg Farshtey unless it is on the Message Boards.

15 Likes

There are times I’m glad I only have 18 subscribers…

21 Likes

Now I feel stupid for believing that…

Anyways, so as far as I am aware, the only two official accounts you guys use are Kahi and Var’s twitters, which they used to tweet info from comic con on. Are there any others that you guys use, or is that it?

6 Likes

There’s the @thethreevirtues Twitter acount… I guess they’v also got a G+ account :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Oh yeah, I have the three virtues twitter account too. And yeah if anyone here uses google plus :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

This topic is now pinned. It will appear at the top of its category until it is unpinned by staff for everyone, or by individual users for themselves.

(Topic pinned for awareness)

15 Likes

Hopefully this doesn’t become a huge problem.

8 Likes

I never understood people who try to try to impersonate others…If they think they’ll get famous for pretending to be somebody well they’re wrong.

If your going to be famous don’t go impersonating others. Create your own identity and earn that fame.

16 Likes

That, or people try getting money and scam others due to how famous they are or just making people into suckers

6 Likes

Oh yeahhh…dem scammers…don’t fall for it kids.

6 Likes

I’ve dealt with imposters too. Someone I was not too friendly with apparently took my Transformers Themed YouTube Channel name (TFanPage101) and an older profile picture and portrayed as me on Steam.

8 Likes

I’m on Instagram and someone even gave the TTVMesonak account their iTunes password! WAAAAAT!?!??!?!

14 Likes