Solo: A Star Wars Story discussion topic

I’m pretty excited for Kessel Run, idk about you guys.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree. I don’t think the actor himself is bad, but he would work better as an independent character, not Han.

[spoiler]pl0x cgi solo

it’s not too late.[/spoiler]

1 Like

It might be too late… The teaser’s kind of out…

@prentice1215 Well, as much as I love your drivers’ ed theory, the new Fighter is shown chasing after the Falcon. I don’t think that’s what the Imperials would do with their new pilots, they aren’t desperate yet… Maybe a TIE Defender (I know Battlefront made those canon though) or maybe a heavy artillery TIE?

Edit: I watched the preview more closely, and I noticed the other side is much too small for a person, judging from the side of the cockpit, and has two guns rather that a window. So maybe it’s like a TIE Gunner or something.

@ReeseEH @Sabretooth
I have a theory to why Han Solo has a different personality:
Qi’Ra has a romantic relationship with Han (kind of obvious, they can’t put Leia in but they have to have a ship somewhere, besides the Falcon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), but Qi’ra ends up dying (Han also has to be single). The death kind have breaks Han, transforming him into the man he is today.

What on earth did Han do to that ship?

Maybe we’ll find out…

1 Like

Maybe Chewie was just really hungry one day.

Or maybe he tried to ram something and broke out the middle section.

2 Likes

Does anyone else think Disney is getting too carried away with these new types of stormtroopers and tie fighters?

4 Likes

Na, it makes up for the fact that the First Order and Resistance does nothing but copy other ships

1 Like

I’m a sucker for armor, so I’m fine with most of it. Every new variant we’ve seen so far has had some sort of use and hasn’t seemed redundant yet. If they make a new type of Stormtrooper that makes us think “why didn’t they just use a regular stormtrooper?” then there’s a problem.

5 Likes

Do you believe that applies to the First Order Executioner?

1 Like

Yeah I’m fine with it as well, but I think they will eventually get to the point where people ask “why wasn’t this in the original trilogy?”
I get why the beach troopers aren’t there, but stuff like the death troopers, the hovertanks and these new bikers makes me question why they aren’t anywhere else.

Well, death troopers seem to only be for high-ranking army officers, and as none of them have been seen in battle (except Veers, though he was in an AT-AT) it would make sense. Also, maybe they all dead. Hovertanks may not only be out of date, but also, where would they have been used?

I don’t really count them, because it’s just a regular First Order stormtrooper with a bit of black paint on the helmet and that’s about it. There isn’t anything else special about them.

They’ve seemed like the canon version of Imperial Commandos, so they’re probably just busy with missions and guarding people. I doubt they’re all dead.

Where would the Hovertanks really be useful in the Original Trilogy? Hoth, maybe, but those tanks would not have cut it on Endor. Way too confined for those tanks. AT-ATs and AT-STs could barely navigate.

They seem like an early version of the biker scout we’re used too, or they’re just another type that used more for policeing duties than anything else, like the biker units and AT-DP pilots found on Lothal in Rebels.

So, like a not-quite-so-special special forces?

I looked these up on Wookiepedia, and found this:

They (Death Troopers) managed to annihilate the remnants of the Rebel strike team. However, the entire squad was killed by Baze Malbus and Cassian Andor shortly before Krennic’s death.[8]

Well how about that. Yeah, so I guess the Empire was like, “we should train less troopers but train those more” and boom. Inferno Squad.

I agree completely, that was the point I was trying to make.

Also, upon more Wookiepedia research, I found the hovertank was actually never in Rogue One. Instead there is an assault tank that doesn’t even float, it rolls on tracks. Doesn’t sound great for Hoth travel. While the hovertank was in concept art and in Rebels, toy companies (including Lego) named their products after the concept, not the final version. Not the first time Lego has made a “mistake” like this, just look at the first Ten Numb minfigure. And then Lego makes concepts into sets as well, like the Heavy Scout Walker in the Last Jedi sets, though I’m not convinced those are mistakes rather than just what they felt like doing.

1 Like

Do blonde girls exist in Star Wars? Disney clearly have a type in mind when casting the female lead.

Here are two examples, but neither are necessarily lead characters.

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s also carrie fisher’s daughter. But I’m talking about main characters, like with Daisy Ridley, Felicity Jones and Emilia Clarke. If you were to line all of them up they would look almost exactly the same.

Who does Carrie Fisher’s daughter act as? I’d also argue that Jyn Erso and Rey would not look the same, and @Kalmah_Ren and I have a bit of a theory about why Rey and Qi’Ra may look so similar…

1 Like

Billie Lourd plays one of the resistance officers.

Please don’t say they’re related.

1 Like

Actually, it’s more of @Kalmah_Ren’s theory than mine, I just didn’t argue against it. I actually think Qi’Ra will die as I’ve said earlier.

4 Likes